England WC Squad 2018..?

Ed Syers

Seb Larsson, na na na na
Reaction score
who do you think will be in england's world cup squad in 2018? i know its a bit random, but i was just interested to see what people think. obviously there will be some players no-ones ever heard of (eg. 14 yr olds would be 22 by then) this is what i think:

Alex Smithies (27), Ben Foster (34), Joe Hart (30)

Micah Richards (29), Glen Johnson (33), Ryan Shawcross (30), James Tomkins (28), Michael Mancienne (29), Chris Smalling (28), Joe Mattock (27), Keiron Gibbs (28)

Theo Walcott (28), Aaron Lennon (33), Fabian Delph (28), Jack Rodwell (26), Lee Cattermole (29), Mark Noble (30), Adam Johnson (30), Jack Wilshere (26)

Wayne Rooney (32), Victor Moses (27), Danny Welbeck (27), Gabby Agbonlahor (31)

Has anyone just reached 2018 in FM to give a real prediction?

Bit hard to choose as you could have new young players coming through by then that we don't know about now.

To be honest the fact you don't have will keane in your squad is a disgrace.:$

I think most will be players we have barely heard of by now so I will only put a few players forward.

Joe Hart will be one of the keepers
Richards
Gibbs
Walcott
Wilshere

Not sure about Rooney as his best attribute at the moment is his stamina and work rate, he will be 33. I wonder how much he will be able to run.

I think most will be players we have barely heard of by now so I will only put a few players forward.

Joe Hart will be one of the keepers
Richards
Gibbs
Walcott
Wilshere

Not sure about Rooney as his best attribute at the moment is his stamina and work rate, he will be 33. I wonder how much he will be able to run.

Jack Rodwell,Dan Gosling (supposedly)

Soley From a United point of view. In the youth team; Will Keane (25), Ryan Tunnicliffe (25) and Ravel Morrison (25) all look particularly promising.

A couple of players Currently on loan, at Preston Matt James (27), at Watford Tom Cleverly (29) and at Molde Ben Amos (28).

Nicky Barmby's son Jack looks like he'll be a pretty decent player too.

I personally am not sure about Walcott and Lennon as pace is their man attribute (Only attribute for Walcott) and with age their speed will decrease hence making them less effective. But we shall see.

Jesus, first Summer transfer news, now World Cup 2018...

Someone hand me my crystal ball please?

I personally am not sure about Walcott and Lennon as pace is their man attribute (Only attribute for Walcott) and with age their speed will decrease hence making them less effective. But we shall see.

They may pick up more to their game over the next 8 years though.

i think there'll be a bunch of foreign-born guys in the side, thanks to residency. who do you think would be manager?

Does anyone reckon England will get a few regens by then? <)

i know i'm a bit bias, but i think jordan henderson's in with a shout on the right wing

Young Adam Pepper from Liverpool's youth team, will only be 25. Jack Rodwell definately. The likes of Gibbs, Welbeck, Wilshere, Moses and Jose Baxter I would think would be in there too.