England

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok seeing as we managed to get 6 points from the last two games everyone has been saying how we should keep Heskey and Barry etc.. in the squad. Do you agree or do you think we should go back to Lampard, Hargreaves, Rooney, Beckham, etc?

I think he should keep it the same at the moment. Or maybe put Rooney in up front with Owen and drop Heskey slightly deeper to flick balls on. Put Barry at WBL as I doubt he will have to do much defending in our next game anyway.

Gladly keep SWP in over Beckham. Neville for RB tho :D

i , unlike most english supporters it seems, have no problem with lampard and co. in my humble opinion i feel that rooney, lamps, beckham are all world class players and i just dont buy in to the fact lamps and gerrard "cant" play together. thats bullshit , if its not working then surely its a fault of the manager. you cant just put loads of worldclass players together and expect magic to happen - just look at real madrid. i reckon with a real good international manager then our team COULD be worthy of good things but at this moment in time it aint broke so it doesnt need fixing. keep with a winning formula. failing that get in a manager than can handle world class players and make them work as a team and not as individual egos

Personally i would keep it the same. It's working thats all that matters really and it's not like Heskey and co are bad players as they have proved in the last two games there more than capable of performing at that level. This should be a wake up call fro Lampard,Rooney and Beckham if they want back in the side then ****** earn it. Beckham should just retire i don't think he can keep up a decent playing career and play for England.

I wouldn't change it, Barry was immense and Heskey did well also. Maybe if Rooney's club form was better than Heskey's I would pick him.

i would keep it the same and tbh i think rooney is over rated

bold statememnt jamgla lol
keep it the same imo..no point changing a winning team...

Very bold indeed, considering he was playing in the Premiership when he was only a few months older than you ;)

No need to change it stick with how it is tbh. Put them in the squad then maybe bring them on as subs but dont put them in the starting line up unless injuries occur from now till then.

Richards and SWP work really well together on the right and Barry did brilliantly in the centre. The only player I would look at changing is Ashley Cole. He cant defend and is **** at going forward now.

Obviously Rooney on form would replace Heskey but thats about it.

So does nobody think that these are England's reserve players and they did their job by coming in when needed and playing well. If you're going by the winning the match they deserve to start ahead of the stars then surely Liverpool should not play Gerrard anymore because without him we won 2-0, 4-0, and 6-0, and drew 0-0 with Pompey.

I think Rooney if fit should play ahead of Heskey, and Crouch if fit should play ahead of Heskey.

Beckham should be in the squad and should be a sub. Untill he becomes someone who can produce for us from open play we don't need to use him.

Lampard and Hargreaves are undoubtedly two of our best players and are match winners in their own rights and should play instead of Barry depending on the situation.

Lampard should never play with Gerrard again IMO, they've had all this time to produce the goods and they haven't so play Gerrard with Hargreaves/Barry for me. Use Lamps as a sub.

Lampard is over rated i just think both him and Gerrard are similar players and i would have a hargreaves or carrick in there with Gerrard as Lampard is nowhere near the player stevie G is

Lampard and Hargreaves are undoubtedly two of our best players and are match winners in their own rights and should play instead of Barry depending on the situation.

If you look at the stats for Lampard playing for England, they point to him definitely NOT being a match winner. Compare this to the amount of assists from Barry in his last two games (he had hand in 3 of the goals I think) and theres no comparison.

Hargreaves did steady the ship a little when he was drafted in, but hes not a match winner for England. I dont know what he does for Man Utd because I havent seen him play for them, but that irrelevant anyway - he doesnt do it for England. Yet again this is backed up by fact.

Between Hargreaves and Lampard or Barry, you've got to go for Barry at the moment solely on form alone. Lampard hasnt produced for England for a long time now, and Hargreaves has never really looked anything special.

Between Hargreaves and Lampard or Barry, you've got to go for Barry at the moment solely on form alone. Lampard hasnt produced for England for a long time now, and Hargreaves has never really looked anything special.

Agree with the first part about Barry, but i think Hargreaves looked special in the world cup. He was our best player.

Agree with the first part about Barry, but i think Hargreaves looked special in the world cup. He was our best player.

I agree with that too, but to be honest we were ***** at the WC, he didnt have much to rise above. And even though he was unarguably our best player, he still wasnt a match winner.