England's First Football University

eddlad

Reaction score
A bold 'Premier Plan' to breathe new life into Burnley by building the country's first Football University is today unveiled.

Burnley Football Club, along with several partners, including Burnley Borough Council - have drawn up ground breaking proposals, which could draw students from across the world to Turf Moor.

Turf Moor lies at the heart of this grand scheme, which is indicative at this stage and represents a five-year visionary masterplan requiring the co-operation of the principle stakeholders in the town.

These plans include the country's first 'StadiArena' stand - a dual facility to house exhibitions, rock concerts and conferences 365-days a year, in tandem with matchday use.

1z38m6x.jpg

Burnley FC Chief Executive Mr Paul Fletcher MBE revealed: "Brendan has always had this vision to introduce a football university, which we all think is a fantastic idea.

"If we could build on the rest of the Turf Moor footprint a University of Football, we would attract young, enthusiastic students from all over the world.

"We have done research on this and we are convinced it would work. We still have more to do, like speaking to existing universities and the new campus that has recently opened, but we think it is a great idea and one worth pursuing."

And Fletcher believes this will be a unique facility, offering unique studies.

He said: "This is not a seat of learning to become a footballer and learn about the beautiful game and its many intriguing nuances.

"It is a university to study every facet of the business side of the biggest sports industry in the world.

"The Premier League is a billion pound industry, but the game is much bigger than one league, so this university would allow students to learn everything about sponsorship, commercial activities, television and the media, stadium design and management, alongside such unique ancillaries such as exhibitions, pitch technology and the catering side of football, which is a multi-million pound business in itself."

2rfx1lx.jpg

So what do you make of it?

What absolute **** (team and idea).

You are entitled to your opinion but you could ay least give a reason to why you think this is a '****' idea?

Could bring in a lot of money, but could also fail epically.

But I don't actually get the football university thing....isn't it just a business school on the end of Turf Moor?

and I have infracted/banned fatshit for that post. Pointless spam, shame the site will be down for the whole time he is banned.

Could bring in a lot of money, but could also fail epically.

But I don't actually get the football university thing....isn't it just a business school on the end of Turf Moor?

I agree, it could quite easily be a spectacular failure (if it ever goes ahead, plans have been afoot for three years on various projects), but if it succeeds it really could be huge for not just the club but the whole area.

I think it will cover all aspects of football not just the business side. i.e. Ground keeping, physiotherapy,and Coaching. It will also offer the usual courses as well.

Last edited:
Good idea, provided it works. If it doesnt, Burnley will cease to exist....

Good idea, provided it works. If it doesnt, Burnley will cease to exist....

Sorry mate but that just won't happen, the majority of the money used will be in te form of grants and trust money.

Last edited:
Ambitious idea, would be more likely to succeed in a better town that Burnley though.

Very interesting idea from Burnley and quite ambitious altough not liking the screenshot of the stand. It looks kind of odd.

The panels on the stand wouldn't be there during a match they lift up and down. The can be completely shut (in the middle as well) to form a 5000 seat arena. The stands are also movable to create an exhibition room for conferences and the like.