English Club in the deepest financial mess

bennyboy599

Reaction score
After having owned the 10 year challenge (P34, W34 so far), I have decided what I want to try managing a team in a very very bad financial situation and bring them success whilst at the same time trying to correct the club's finances. So I'd like to know which English league club has got the worst financial situation and one that will be very difficult to rectify please?

hmm thats tricky because i know man utd have a crazy high debt possibly the biggest but they can easily get out of that in 7-10 years.
not sure really maybe Portsmouth or Plymouth would be your best bet, :)

Id go for Portsmouth, they would probably be the hardest team.

Portsmouth, West Ham, Plymouth come off the top of my head

Plymouth probably. Half their squad has left too.

Plymouth Argyle- Though FM doesn't half-cover the actual mess we are in.

Poor squad, a good 17k over on the wage budget and no money to spend on transfers- Manegement ability will be tested on signings made in loan market, working with a weak squad and then stabilising in a clear-out for the 2nd season.

Portsmouth another very difficult challenge, I believe they started under a transfer embargo.

Plymouth, they only have 11 players in contract
poor budgets throughout the season and the board is very reluctant to upgrade facilities in fm, they also do not give you any transfer budget unless you are in the premier league

What about Rushden and Diamonds? Been expelled from the Conference?

i know we are talking about english clubs here...but i think you should also consider other leagues...because in england if you manage to qualify for the epl...you get 20-40 mil per season...which will ease up things a lot...i'm currently playing in portugal with a team which started in the 2nd division and hardly had much money...i've managed to get them up to 4th in the 1st division, but they hardly make 1-2 million out of it...and so its really hard to compete with the likes of porto, benfica etc

i know we are talking about english clubs here...but i think you should also consider other leagues...because in england if you manage to qualify for the epl...you get 20-40 mil per season...which will ease up things a lot...i'm currently playing in portugal with a team which started in the 2nd division and hardly had much money...i've managed to get them up to 4th in the 1st division, but they hardly make 1-2 million out of it...and so its really hard to compete with the likes of porto, benfica etc

*facepalm*
Could we have a name of this club?