Reaction score
hello fellow FM lovers

Im playing as Arsenal and trying to input more English blood into my squad. looking for young english Goalkeeper and Centre Back. please post screenshot if possible. I have been looking at Dann who plays for birmingham as Central Defender and has good stats.

Thankyou in advance

Alex Smithies as a GK

Liam Ridgwell for less then 5 million

GK: Joe Hart - Manchester City (if you can get him)
CB: Phil Jones - Blackburn

Scott Carson, Joe Hart, Robert Green

Phil Jones, Curtis Davies, Michael Dawson, Phil Jagielka

alex smithies
joe hart
ben foster

roger johnson
scott dann
ryan shawcross
chris smalling
gary cahill
phil jagielka

Get Joe Hart. I would say Smithies but then you would limit the development of Szczesny who is actually a BEAST. Sell Almunia, keep Fabianski as backup and give plenty of playing time to Chesny haha.

I'd suggest you stay with your current team atleast for the first season. You'll find out that some of the best english men will get transfer listed half the season. I got Joe Hart for 8.75 mil, Ryan Shawcross for 7 mil and Gary Cahill for 5.75 mil, at the end of the 1st season.

Last edited:
id say alex smithies, as many have. have him on a norwich save and hes doing a sterling job, has potential to play prem league.

as for centre back, on my game arsenal have signed upson but id personally go for cahill, jagielka or shawcross.

jordan spence and james tomkins are both great young centre havles, who with the right manager could
become top class centre halves.