English Lower Leagues Adventure: Unemployment Challenge

seanhrfc

Reaction score
As a youth coach with ambition, I have decided to embark on a managerial journey starting in the English Non-League (down to tier 11). Complete with my UEFA B Licence, I am to get a job that is realistic and work my way up from there.

Update to follow as to whom my first club will be!

First Job - Haverhill Borough F.C.

View attachment 443718

After applying for a few vacancies I found myself being offered an interview at Eastbourne United and Haverhill Borough. Having worked and studied in Sussex before and coached Eastbourne Borough, I was tempted to take the United job. But, I decided to take up the option of managing a team from my very own town. Having gained back-to-back promotions from the Essex & Suffolk Borders league (Tier 12), newly named Haverhill Borough enter their first season in the Eastern Counties Division 1 (Tier 10). Haverhill Rovers are the strongest team in the town playing one division up, however I aim to establish Borough as the biggest team in the town.

View attachment 443713
With most of my current squad wanted by other clubs, I needed to ensure I had enough players to rotate through an enduring season. In came an abundance of young players with a few experienced heads in there too.

View attachment 443719View attachment 443717View attachment 443716View attachment 443715
Funnel and Mantle are outstanding players for this level and I hope to hang onto them, but with a lot of bigger clubs interested this will prove very difficult. New signings Jatto and Cropper will bring a lot of experience to the club. Cropper, a target man with a reasonable goalscoring record from the Northern Prem, will lead the line whereas Jatto will lead from the back.

View attachment 443714
A great start to pre-season picking up wins vs higher division clubs.

Good luck, I started a game with Wigan Robin Park (Tier 10 if I remember rightly) with the aim of making them become the biggest club in Wigan but its such a long road, in reality my FM games dont usually last longer than 3 or 4 seasons and then I get bored, but one of my ambitions is still to take a clubs in the real lower reaches all the way to glory, but it will have to wait for now.

Have to say this is a bit of a struggle - the amount of leagues I have loaded makes the game extremely slow!