English Players

Sleety19

Reaction score
When i read through half of peoples teams, most players are foriegn.

why does no-one buy English players and train them up. no wonder England have poor world cup hopes with so many forgiegn players coming to the premiership. which means clubs dont introduce english youngsters to the first team. Lets hope the 6 vs 5 rule comes out :)

yer i always trying to bring british talent through but im my games its normally irish plays that are good, ive only ever had one english regan that had potenial to be world class

FM is a bit cruel on English talent I think, well stats wise anyway. We do get some cracking regens though.

yeah seems like it is, ive dowloaded that 6vs5 database so going to give that a try nd look out, but the prem teams on it go crazy in the first window and buy all these random players they dont need. should make the computer target likely and real life like targets.

Look no further than Tottenham mate. 6 of them in Capello's 30-man provisional squad.

Yes, shameless plugging, and I'm ok with it. :)

hope they all go.. king deserves his chance.. not sure bout huddlestone atm maybe next world cup him and wilshire in middle ;)

Wilshere isn't going to be international class. he barely made an impact at Bolton.

english players in fm are overpriced and demand big wages. im just going to say what arsene says: when looking for a player, i dont look at the passport.

Young foreign talent can be bought much cheaper than their English counterparts. Also, clubs can bring in top foreign talent for far less than homegroen stars. I remember 1994-1995 season -- the English transfer record was broken twice that year: £5m Chris Sutton to Blackburn and £6m Andy Cole to Man Utd -- neither of these players had played for the England senior side at the time. In contrast, Tottenham paid £2m for Jurgen Klinsmann (alreaady a World Cup winner and a proven goalscorer in the top divisions of Germany, Italy and France).

but due to the fact of all these forgiegn players our national team is going to be affected.... only saying it fru an english fan perspective

but due to the fact of all these forgiegn players our national team is going to be affected.... only saying it fru an english fan perspective

It's not the clubs job to promote English players though. The pressure to be successful (whether that be winning the titile or simply staying in the premiership) is intense and managers are getting less and less time to build squads. If, for example, you can get 4 international class foreigners for 15 million, or 1 English player who probably isn't as good anyway then they're going to go for the first option.

Homegrown players need be trained better from the ages of 3 upwards. This is the job of the FA -- not the clubs.

english players cost a bomb for a fellow english club example
you would probz have to pay 12 million for shawcross whereas u can go buy otamendi for 3.5 million

i agree with what the OP is saying. i mean, how many average-to-poor foreign players are cluttering up reserve (and some first) teams across the country? these guys aren't any better than any young English player could be with the right opportunities.

yep... with the right guidance like Sir Alex Ferguson.. look who he turned into players who won trophys, Scholes,Beckham,****,Phil and Gary Neville, Giggs

It's not the clubs job to promote English players though. The pressure to be successful (whether that be winning the titile or simply staying in the premiership) is intense and managers are getting less and less time to build squads. If, for example, you can get 4 international class foreigners for 15 million, or 1 English player who probably isn't as good anyway then they're going to go for the first option.

Homegrown players need be trained better from the ages of 3 upwards. This is the job of the FA -- not the clubs.
this. the whole foreign players hold back english talent is abit of afallacy. first we have to look at how we teach our young players (im talking 8-11) too emphasis is put on winning and physicality and not on ball skills. i mean we havent even got a national fooball centre yet. and then english players are so expensive, and most of the time not even worth their price.

this. the whole foreign players hold back english talent is abit of afallacy. first we have to look at how we teach our young players (im talking 8-11) too emphasis is put on winning and physicality and not on ball skills. i mean we havent even got a national fooball centre yet. and then english players are so expensive, and most of the time not even worth their price.

i say your argument is the fallacy. not all foreigners are renowned for their phenomenal technique. in fact many are chosen on physicality alone. and i'm not being racist, but many of those are African or of African descent.

i say your argument is the fallacy. not all foreigners are renowned for their phenomenal technique. in fact many are chosen on physicality alone. and i'm not being racist, but many of those are African or of African descent.
firstly a lot of african players have great technical ability and flair, as well as the fact they are natual athletes.
compared to our rivals, the dutch spanish our ball skills are lacking. like most people you seem quick to balme foreigners and not actually look at ourselves. why has it taken 10 to green light the burton centre, why do we play on massive pitchs, while continental kids play on pitch half our size, which gears them towards ball rentention, control, technique, and off the ball skills.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

it doenst matter what rules you bring in to limit foreign players, if you dont change the fundamentsls of how we teach our young footballers it will always stay the same

why has it taken 10 to green light the burton centre, why do we play on massive pitchs, while continental kids play on pitch half our size, which gears them towards ball rentention, control, technique, and off the ball skills.

it doenst matter what rules you bring in to limit foreign players, if you dont change the fundamentsls of how we teach our young footballers it will always stay the same

Hit the nail on the head there. I coach at youth level too and the standard of training (in genaral) is nowhere near the level of some other countries. Brazilians, French and Spanish people are not born as amazing footballers -- they start of the same as us, but their coaching genarally focuses on the individual skills of players rather than the archaic 'win at all costs' attitude that still runs through our youth levels.