English Style 442 - High Tempo, Flank based attacks - Season 1 Premier League Win

• Thread starter Thread starter Rosler71
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 19K
Testing in lower leagues and it's awesome, why more people not using I can't understand. Also 4th best tactic in the testing league! Says it all really!

Thanks dude, like most tactics you need to give it a good go, half a season at least to see if its for you or not.

Lots of people seem to give up as soon as they hit a poor run, which you will do at some point.

I got a good team for the division but I've just won league 2 in March after winning the skill last year. :)

This is a ****** joke. Playing with Bayern against Dortmund and after 20 min im up 4-1 but then....

Dortmund 6 - 5 Bayern in 90 min. WTF mate???

Last edited:
This tactic got me a 4th place finish with a bog standard West Ham side. Thought the combo of Downing/Jarvis + Andy Carroll would work well with the tactic and it did indeed. 21 wins, 7 draws, 10 losses. 64 GF 41 GA. Did average a little over 2 goals for at home, but was quite poor on the road netting only 24 goals in 19 games, while conceding 20. Granted, West Ham is not a strong team so it's a fair result to come out ahead anyway and to get into the Champions League.

Carroll scored 13, Jarvis 12 (9 assists) Valencia 9, and Downing 7 (9 assists).

Despite qualifying for the CL our finances aren't great and the board only gave me £12m to work with to bolster the squad for the second season. I brought in Milner and Gamboa, and loaned Rickie Lambert from Liverpool (transfer listed after the first season), but other than that I'm giving the CL a go in the second season with this tactic with a largely not-CL caliber squad. So far we've qualified for the group stage by beating Galatasaray in the best placed playoff 5-4 on aggregate, drew 3-3 at Atletico Madrid and won 1-0 home to Olympiakos. 3 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses domestically to start the campaign.

Will provide an update at the end of the season to let you know how I got on. Regardless, I'm quite impressed at what I've gotten out of an average team with this tactic so far. The losses pretty much make sense. We lost 10 times in the opening season and they were to: Chelsea (twice), Tottenham (twice), Liverpool, Arsenal (twice), Man City, Sunderland (at home, surprising), and QPR (Loftus). Only the home result to Sunderland was what I'd call a bad loss.

Back