English teams in Champions League

preston79

Reaction score
Hi,does anybody know if its possible any of the English teams can meet eachother in the Quarter finals,like I mean I think its done by seeds or something and ive noticed the last few years we(Liverpool)have been getting Chelsea in the semi finals,is that because Man Utd are in another seed?and is it possible for Liverpool to meet Man Utd this season before the Final?providing they both progress of course,could somebody clear up how the seeding system works?thank you

I think the seeding system only works in the group stages and the first knockout rounds. as group stages draws are formed on the basis of seeds.and in the first knockout round the two teams who qualify from a single group cannot play each other and also the team from the same country if they have qualified. so after that it depends on luck of the draw.

ok thanks,makes more sense now lol,so we could be playing you in the Quarters?lol,would be great to see the outcome of that over 2 games,thats if we both get thru next week of course lol

yep the second legs still remain... bring on Internazionale...lol

lol,ya lookin forward to that game too,I reckon its gonna be a lil edgy for Man United with it still being 0-0 and the chance of Inter scoring an away goal,but Man United dont really concede these days lol,then next Saturday is the big clash lol,well it would of been bigger if we had not blown our title chances against the lesser teams lol,but with there being a 7 point gap with you still having a game in hand kinda takes a lil bite outta the game,if we had only been like 4 points behind would be much more interesting,but its still gonna be a great game

yep we are on a 11-match winning streak and winning games by playing tough... so its looking all good for the BPL title... yep hope its a good game for Liverpool sake coz they were bad against Boro...lol

lol ya I know,just wish we could play as well as we do in Champions League in the Premier League,but its a totally different game altogether,after us being top for long periods,up until like Januaryish I really thought we had a great chance this year,especially after us going to Newcastle and winning 5-1,but too many home draws have messed things up this year

yep Liverpool play great against the good sides but when it comes to mid-table and low sides they seem to struggle... too many draws and at hme too

meh, liverpool are having quite a good season tbh liverpool could still finish 2nd place which would be better than last season.

arsenal is having a bad season..

seed are only for group stage knock out is top vs 2nd from all groups only time same league teams play is qwata finals or smi finals

yeah.. but still both have dropped points against weaker opposition... or else Liverpool would have been in the title race... as for Arsenal they always flatter to deceive...

yeah.. but still both have dropped points against weaker opposition... or else Liverpool would have been in the title race... as for Arsenal they always flatter to deceive...

wont disagrre with that lol..

i think we will get 4th spot tho.. next two weeks or so fabregas, adebayor, eduardo, walcott, rosicky are all back so thumbs:)/

even with all arsenals players back you wont change that much. well i dont think so anyway. you will still draw quite alot

even with all arsenals players back you wont change that much. well i dont think so anyway. you will still draw quite alot

it really depends really. i hope not anyway..with them players that comes back it gives arsenal an extra dimension which is good..

the player im really looking foward too is rosicky hes one of the only players at arsenal who actually takes players on which is rare at arsenal anymore the only players that do are ..walcott, rosicky, nasri, arshavin and sometimes van persie..

i spose. yh rosicky is such a good player. he plays quality even though arsenal play the passing game thats how good he is