English trio hold Chamakh talks

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh reveals he has held talks with three Premier League clubs but denies signing a pre-contract agreement with Arsenal.

More...

I read in the Daily Mirror (highly trustworthy newspaper... :S) that he has agreed to sign a pre-contract at Arsenal on £50,000 a week. Nothing on BBC, SkySports, Arsenal.com etc as of yet. Hope it's true.

over-gloryfied player

Don't think you can call him 'over-gloryfied' when he's available on a free transfer.

I made reference to his ability not his price ofcourse he is a good deal for free but I dont think he is good enough for a top four club

He's good enough for any team on a free. It's not taking a risk of any sort, all they are paying is his wages.

He's better off going to Arsenal, he'll get played a lot there, whereas if he goes to another top four team, like United or Chelsea, he won't start. Liverpool should also try for him.

I don't think he'll make it in the Premier League.Arsenal needs a striker of better quality than Chamakh (no disrespect to him) but look at Didier Drogba,Fernando Torres...Wayne Rooney ;) All three of them are the Premier League's elite strikers.What do Arsenal have? Cesc Fabregas (again,no disrespect)

Arsenal would benefit hugely from this signing. He is exactly what they need and will link up nicely with RVP when he get's back. :)

his a good finisher but arsenal could do with someone like dzeko, hes big and strong and arsenal need a player like that.

...van Persie. Yes, he's injured, but on his day he's as good as anyone - skilful, powerful, not afraid to get stuck in.

...van Persie. Yes, he's injured, but on his day he's as good as anyone - skilful, powerful, not afraid to get stuck in.

yer but his still not as clinical as rooney,torres and drogba.

True.

All the hype a few years ago about Eduardo joining went to **** too. ****** Martin Taylor.

Stay on topic please lads, it's about Chamakh, not Eduardo or Van Persie or Rooney etc etc :)

Sorry Max (A)

Anyway, it'll be a good buy for anyone, even if he does provide good backup for Chelsea/United, but he'd get frustrated being on the bench all the time and end up leaving. Apparently he's desperate to sign for Arsenal (not making anything up btw :P) and has already said if he leaves Bordeaux it's going to be for Arsenal and Arsenal only.

Let's just hope, eh.. :)

I suppose on a free it couldnt do any harm, but if we was actually paying for him then i would call him a miss. I prefer Bendtner.

He's a good punt on a free. Doesn't score much though does he? Might be what Arsenal need though - someone up front who'll play in the midfield.

He's good enough for any team on a free. It's not taking a risk of any sort, all they are paying is his wages.

He's better off going to Arsenal, he'll get played a lot there, whereas if he goes to another top four team, like United or Chelsea, he won't start. Liverpool should also try for him.

He's reportedly after a £12m signing on fee.

Hmm £50k a week isn't a risk? + Signing on fee's + Bonuses' + Extra fee's.. It's never free. :)

Liverpool wouldn't waste £50k a week on him, I'd imagine the other 2 teams chasing him are West Ham or Stoke, somebody *****.. Or Man City maybe? LOL

edit: I thought Arsenal were chasing Lacina Traore?

Back