Morlio18

Reaction score
Okay, so I purchased the game on release only to find that the game was exceptionally hard and riddled with bugs. I played the game for a good solid month before shelving it due to realising that I wasn't even enjoying it. Even on the rare ocassions I was winning! Anyway so I recently began to play the game again, praying the game would have been fixed but no, the insanely random results exist (mainly losses) and the downright crazy defending too.
Anyway regardless of this I think everyone can agree that the game is more difficult than others (regardless of how well you are or arent doing) but is difficulty and realism more important than enjoyability...after all its a game.

Id like to hear your opinions on whether SI games are moving away from enjoyability and whether they should be doing or maybe Im in the minority and others want difficulty and realism. Cheers for reading! ;)

I find FM 13 the best fm I've ever played its HARD for a reason the hole games point is to STOP you form winning witch make it hard and worth playing and when you finally get that I WON THE CL with bath city you feel sooo good for yourself that you defy the odds and did it!

There is no greater feeling

I don't think SI have moved away from enjoyability toward realism because I think that they have always strived for realism in the first place. you only have to compare football manager to LMA/fifa manager/premier manager/champ manager since the split, to see that FM has always been more realistic.
I don't think fm stops you winning at all I've had unbeaten seasons etc the reason why people struggle now is that there is no exploits in the match engine no more or not like there was in fm12 anyways

Have never been more realistic and enjoyable!
The whole point is to be a good manager, and to be a good manager you need to work hard for results.
Its suppose to be hard to manage a whole team, if its not hard its not realistic. Because it is.

As many think they can win everything and every match by running the same structure every match as you could in the earlyer days. it's not how management works. The whole point is to actually manage your team as in real life.

Edit; they also made a easyer way by creating the classic mode for people who like it easy. And making it more Enjoyable for both groups of people.

Last edited:
The problem with the game being more random is the ( non existing) feedback you get from the game on why things happen. This had always been the case but as flaws has been ironed out, you will now get punished for your mistake, misstakes that the engineexploiting tactics previous hade made up for.

So in my opinion, it's actually much, much less random - as in previous editions, the way one exploited the ME was random dependimg on the tactic of the opponent - but harder to see why things happen.

The problem with the game being more random is the ( non existing) feedback you get from the game on why things happen. This had always been the case but as flaws has been ironed out, you will now get punished for your mistake, misstakes that the engineexploiting tactics previous hade made up for.

So in my opinion, it's actually much, much less random - as in previous editions, the way one exploited the ME was random dependimg on the tactic of the opponent - but harder to see why things happen.

Yup its not random. The game just does a REALLY bad job of passing on info. Unless you already know what to look for.
It's something that I keep raising with SI (for what its worth) hopefully we'll see some big improvements in FM14.

It's all very well being more detailed but nigh on useless if the user cant understand it. I'd hate to see how a new player deals with the game without going on a forum.

I understand where ur coming from, sunday i was saying to my brother in law, how i missed the days im sure it was 1 of the 90s cm, sunny anderson at barce, banging rhe goals in, like 80 a season, totally unreal but so much fun, i dont want it to be real life, i want it to be fun, also as was mentioned about fm classic, iv found myself playing it more because i dont do prematch conferences or team talks or half the other stuff, i did try normal again but camt get into it, funny thing i find, you go back to the old ones and im like omg its terrible and miss all the new stuff, so just contradict myself then.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Yup its not random. The game just does a REALLY bad job of passing on info. Unless you already know what to look for.
It's something that I keep raising with SI (for what its worth) hopefully we'll see some big improvements in FM14.

It's all very well being more detailed but nigh on useless if the user cant understand it. I'd hate to see how a new player deals with the game without going on a forum.

True that info needs to be provided in a more understanding way, and yes starting a game for the first time most be extremely frustrating. But this is where the classic mod is nice. You have alot less to think about and a nice way of learning the basics before taking on a full game. I think they have done a massive improvement through the last years.

And I can understand SI's problem of making a fully realistic game without making it complicated.