Enrique talks must wait - Pardew

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew says the club must secure Premier League safety before discussing a new deal with defender Jose Enrique.

More...

He hasn't stalled again, Pardew is just referring to what Enrique said in January. Wish the media would stop trying to engineer him a move away from Newcastle.

Heard the interview with Pardew saying he thought Enrique had a shout in Spains national side and i agree with him. Left back is possibly the only position that you could call weak in the Spanish national side and Enrique has been excellent this season.

Agreed with CJACKO, Capdevila is 33 and should already be replaced. Tbh..it would be really funny to see a newcastle player among the spanish starters. :D Because all of them are like Real or Barca players.

I am suprised if some of the big clubs aren't after him already. Liverpool have been linked with him recently.

Agreed with CJACKO, Capdevila is 33 and should already be replaced. Tbh..it would be really funny to see a newcastle player among the spanish starters. :D Because all of them are like Real or Barca players.

I am suprised if some of the big clubs aren't after him already. Liverpool have been linked with him recently.

Yer i can see a big club taking him pretty soon, he would fit in nicely at Liverpool as you say.

newcastle would be stupid not to give him a deal right away. top class player and would be spains best left back

newcastle would be stupid not to give him a deal right away. top class player and would be spains best left back

We tried to in January, he wants to make sure we're in the premiership next season before he signs.

As for the national squad thing, I agree that he deserves a place, but not sure if he'd get in given the way they seem to raise their team from youth and having a strong connection with one another. They'll probably just bring a younger left back who plays in Spain through instead.

Please buy him Kenny, Enrique is an absolute beast.

Enrique > Capdavilla