r1cky

Reaction score
New EPL 'Raffle' Network Game
Using the 'top six' in the EPL
Starting Monday ( 29/11/2010 )

Basically, the description of the game is in the title.. The game will consist of the top six teams in the EPL
( Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham )

The 'Raffle' part is simple, 6 names to be put in one hat, 6 names put in the other.. One name and one team drawn from each hat, and that's the team you get (H)
( Please don't apply if you have trust issues, I will be doing the draw in person, giving names out on hamachi as they are drawn.. The draw will be 100% legit - I wouldn't waste my time doing it if I was to 'fix' it !! )

We are three guys (old and experienced!) who have played a lot of games together for a long time, we will play most nights from roughly 6pm till about 11-12, we aren't religious about times, as people do have other commitments generally so we are very flexible and don't want players missing gametime needlessly ^^)

A few guidelines for gameplay, in the interest of fair play :
  • No strange installments on transfers (Money after goals scored, appearances etc.) Only allowed is Monthly installments, for which you must pay atleast 50% of the transfer fee upfront. And in FM you can view bids, so please stick to that rule, as it is easily spotted and often exploited.
  • No stealing of fellow managers' staff.
  • Agree deals on Hamachi - Don't just bid on fellow managers' staff, as it may cause the player to become unsettled.
  • Banter away as much as you like.. Just keep it friendly !
  • If you can't make a night just let somebody know and it's never a problem.

We will be using the default patch, no database changes, editors or any of that rubbish, just a genuine game with genuine players. We have encountered the odd 'needle in the haystack' with recruiting new players previously, hence we need to enforce a few rules to apply:
( Apologies if these rules offend, I KNOW they sound strict, but we have played many network games in the past and unfortunately there are players that will apply and not be fully commited to the cause, and even rage quit when on a bad run.. We don't want to waste spaces and time by applying a 'first come first serve' policy, therefore there is a criteria to apply! )
  • UK players only
  • Must be over 18
  • Must have played Network Games in the past
  • Must have made at least 10 posts on FMBase
  • Please only apply if you're serious about joining and playing Network Games !

We are commited to starting and playing a long-term game of FM with players of the same commitment and desire to win !

The window to apply will be open from now until monday evening at roughly 5-6pm, at that time we will do the raffle draw, and the game will commence immediately :D

Hi, Been playing a online network game on football manager 09 for over a year now. Just brought 2011 and looking for an online game. count me in.

Why do you have to be 18?

He can look on ur profile.

Sounds silly saying 18 and over I know, as most under 18's don't mess around.. But honestly we had so many people join our games in the past and mess around that the qualifying group of applicants needs to be kept to a minimum to reduce any chance of sum1 leaving the game halfway thru a season, generally being a pain etc.. We just want 1 game, with no changes of players or anything like that

Id like my name to be added to the mix, have played online games with my mates before, never on the forum I must admit, Would be a fresh new challenge and I play fm every night anyway so shouldn't be a problem, Fridays and sundays would be the only problem for me. and sometimes saturday depends what I'm doing, we all have our weekends though so. I Have hamachi also been playing FM since it came out, and also played CM 01/02 & CM 4.

Name: Alan Kemp

Might stall this game for a bit.. This transfer bug sounds awful oO)

Didn't know about it until I read about it on the forum, as I have not played FM11 as of yet due to skinning.

Aww boo I was looking forward to hopefully being apart of this lol ;)

Might stall this game for a bit.. This transfer bug sounds awful oO)

Didn't know about it until I read about it on the forum, as I have not played FM11 as of yet due to skinning.

Make sure everyone downloads the 11.1.1 Hotfix!

Can I ask how you determine the players from the forum who will be playing is that drawn out of a hat aswell yes ? as Im right to beleive there is only 3 slots available ?

Can I ask how you determine the players from the forum who will be playing is that drawn out of a hat aswell yes ? as Im right to beleive there is only 3 slots available ?

Not sure if we will even be starting it now in light of this bug oO) But whoever applies, first come first serve kinda thing really will get added to the hat, and yeah only 3 spots avail.. Will keep you posted once I know more about this bug tho