Reaction score
Hello there fellow basers, Up until today my game was running just fine on 11.1.1. But Once I downloaded LFCs Transfer Update I decided to update to the 11.2.1, at first I had an error which meant uninstalling and reinstalling the game, then I installed 11.2.1 directly without the other patches (is this a problem?).

Now whenever I load up my FM11 I get to the menu, it will load a save (and other saves) but it then crashes and says Football Manager 11.2.1f165502 has stopped working[/B

Any ideas on how to fix this? i truly love this game and I am really frustrated!

Does it only crash when you load an old save? Can you start a new game without crashing?

Does it only crash when you load an old save? Can you start a new game without crashing?

Thanks for the reply mate, I tried to make a new game and got a different error, but after that error it tells me the same issue as the OP, the error i get for new game is
Application Error

A serious error was encountered and the application will close, en error has been generated in User/Laptop1/documents/sportsintereactive/football manager 2011/crash dumps

Have you tried deleting everything associated with FM after uninstalling?

Try that and install a fresh copy and install all the new patches in order.

:)
Have you tried deleting everything associated with FM after uninstalling?

Try that and install a fresh copy and install all the new patches in order.

I will try that now mate, and ill report back when its done!!

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:41 PM ----------

That worked mate, I deleted everything (first i made copies on my Portable Hard Drive) i.e save files and other direct associated files with Football Manager, then i uninstalled, restarted, re-installed and it worked on 11.0, then I did my 11.2.1 patch, and voila it worked again, ill now try put everything back and see if it works (skins etc)

:)

I will try that now mate, and ill report back when its done!!

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:41 PM ----------

That worked mate, I deleted everything (first i made copies on my Portable Hard Drive) i.e save files and other direct associated files with Football Manager, then i uninstalled, restarted, re-installed and it worked on 11.0, then I did my 11.2.1 patch, and voila it worked again, ill now try put everything back and see if it works (skins etc)

Good luck mate! Hope it works! (H)