• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Spurs keeper Heurelho Gomes says he needs to "show character" after gifting Real Madrid victory in their Champions League quarter-final

More...

Every goalkeeper makes one or two errors in a season but Gomes makes one or two errors every game. I say sell him and replace him with Manuel Neuer from Schalke 04. He's an amazing keeper.

Every goalkeeper makes one or two errors in a season but Gomes makes one or two errors every game. I say sell him and replace him with Manuel Neuer from Schalke 04. He's an amazing keeper.

Major exaggeration. He's a very good keeper, he's just prone to errors. 2 a game is quite a statement though.

that statement is sure to instill confidence throughout the Spurs camp...

And Schalke will sell Neuer for cheap and Neuer would love to sign for Spurs. :S

I dont know what to make of Gomes. Sometimes i feel he is very underrated, but then he comes up with these moments very often. Hope he recovers and become the keeper he was as PSV.

He is much improved compared to last time, and has the knack of making up for howlers with some great saves as we have all seen.

Yeah I went a bit to far then. He can be a quality goalkeeper on his day but he doesnt always perform well and when he has a bad day you sure know about it.

Yeah I went a bit to far then. He can be a quality goalkeeper on his day but he doesnt always perform well and when he has a bad day you sure know about it.

Like Paul Robinson did for England or Rob Green lol

when any keeper makes a mistake everyone knows about it mate!

keeper is the hardest position to play, if you make one mistake it can cost you a game or even WC...

I am a keeper! I must say I dont ever make mistakes to be honest, but I feel for these guys, there is so much pressure on them even to just catch a cross coming in properly....

Gomez is a great keeper in my books!

Last edited:
Wouldn't rule Spurs out of the race for Neuer. Some players love London because its cosmopolitan. They love the fact there's so much to do there, and the social life. That can have a bearing aswell.

No he wont be cheap but why wouldnt he want to join Spurs?

Coz he don't want to leave Schalke, even if he leaves it will be for top club otherwise there is no point in leaving his childhood club. Bayen is the likely destination.

when any keeper makes a mistake everyone knows about it mate!

keeper is the hardest position to play, if you make one mistake it can cost you a game or even WC...

I am a keeper! I must say I dont ever make mistakes to be honest, but I feel for these guys, there is so much pressure on them even to just catch a cross coming in properly....

Gomez is a great keeper in my books!

I usually play as a keeper when me and me friends play twice a week, and the worst feeling i might say, is when you should have saved something that ended up in the goal, and you know you could have saved it, you know you would have saved it. That's the worst feeling for me.

I am sure Gomes will recover from this

Strange, i don't see them in the Champions League semis or competing for titles...
... but they are in the champions league semis?

EDIT: sorry i thought you were talking about shalke my mistake :P

Strange, i don't see them in the Champions League semis or competing for titles...

If Tottenham had got into the semis you would of said, "I dont see them in the champions league final" and to be honest I dont care. I'm a West Ham supporter. :)

Back