Error will not be my last - Gomes

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K
If Tottenham had got into the semis you would of said, "I dont see them in the champions league final" and to be honest I dont care. I'm a West Ham supporter. :)

Spurs have qualified for champions league and you think they are top/big club? Schalke and Spurs are more or less on same level.

Good to know. Atleast his fellow teammates and other people wont be shocked if he does it again :D

How about his single-handed stopping of Arsenal winning vs Tottenham last season, RVP got subbed on late and would've scored at least 2 against a lesser keeper.

Mistakes happen in football, doesn't stop him (for the most part) being a good Goalkeeper.

Every goalkeeper makes one or two errors in a season but Gomes makes one or two errors every game. I say sell him and replace him with Manuel Neuer from Schalke 04. He's an amazing keeper.

He was named the Premier League's Best Goalkeeper in 2009 for a reason. Spurs obviously have reliance in him and making errors is part and parcel of a goalkeeper's career. It happens. Even if Gomes makes a mistake every game or so, he's not the only one. Sure enough he will capitalise on them and start to gain clean sheets.

And buying Neuer is far-fetched. They won't buy him.

Oh, his defence will be so confident after this. Gomes ftw :wub:

BBC have twisted this a little in the title, as usual
"This was not my first mistake and I know it will not be the last one in my career," Brazilian Gomes, 30, admitted.
No keeper can say they will never make a mistake again so really he's just being blunt and honest. Still a very good keeper

Last season he was one of the main reasons spurs got 4th place.. the amount of clean sheets and brilliant performances really got them outta the **** a few times!

every keeper makes mistakes.. Its life.. get over it and move on

PS: Talk of spurs getting champ league aint gunna happen.. just look at the fixtures.. Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and LFC still to play? im thinking 2/3 defeats in that for spurs

Back