ESPN and SKY to launch joint bid for SPL rights

McNavdo

Reaction score
ESPN and SKY are said to of placed a joint bid for SPL rights with the matches being split 50/50. Is this a good thing for Scottish football? or is this just another way for television companies to get more money out of the loyal armchair fans?

ESPN and SKY are said to of placed a joint bid for SPL rights with the matches being split 50/50. Is this a good thing for Scottish football? or is this just another way for television companies to get more money out of the loyal armchair fans?

I think the exposure from SKY will be good. But as long as it's not 2 seperate subscriptions as not many people will buy ESPN. And what if they ( EPSN ) does a Setanta?

Overall though I think It will be good - as long as there are no crazy K.O. times.

I think the exposure from SKY will be good. But as long as it's not 2 seperate subscriptions as not many people will buy ESPN. And what if they ( EPSN ) does a Setanta?

Overall though I think It will be good - as long as there are no crazy K.O. times.

Well ESPN shouldn't be another Setanta as they are owned by Disney and already have major financial backing. The deal is suppose to be that they will each take abot 30 games each so it sounds like you will need to have 2 seperate subscriptions which will cost around £40 p/m and if thats the case then its almost cheaper to just go to the games

Ive heard ESPN and Sky have teamed up to bullying the SPL into taking a take it or leave it lower money offer.Sky really are a pack of low life's.

Am i the only one who hates Sky TV and what they have done to Football?

Yup just you.

If that's what Sky and ESPN are doing then you can't complain, that's how business works. Why should they pay more than they have too. The SPL isn't a charity.

Maybe I'll get to see my beloved Hearts over here in the United States...I would die with happiness...

Hearts! Hearts! Glorious Hearts!

Ive heard ESPN and Sky have teamed up to bullying the SPL into taking a take it or leave it lower money offer.Sky really are a pack of low life's.

It's obvious that they are trying to bully the SPL but i also think they are bullying ESPN. It would not surprise me if ESPN are being forced to share the rights with SKY just so they can take over Setantas old spot on the SKY roster

Yup just you.

If that's what Sky and ESPN are doing then you can't complain, that's how business works. Why should they pay more than they have too. The SPL isn't a charity.
So you're speaking for every football fan in the country are you? I doubt im alone in my hatred of sky.

So you're speaking for every football fan in the country are you? I doubt im alone in my hatred of sky.

your forgetting he is a Liverpool fan. They dont have hearts or brains and they are just bitter towards everyone lol

The first I've heard. Not really agood thing really prob wont get much money but will be nice to get to see the games again. Also ESPN is a big channel over in the states i beleive so that can only be good.

Apparently ESPN are on about selling the rights to show the games they have back to sky, bbc, itv etc. Which is fair enough. TBH I can't see there being much call for Aberdeen vs Hibs in Texas

I doubt sky are bullying ESPN, they are too simialr in resources

id rava both of them bid for the blue square premier league. much more intresting.

Well ESPN shouldn't be another Setanta as they are owned by Disney and already have major financial backing. The deal is suppose to be that they will each take abot 30 games each so it sounds like you will need to have 2 seperate subscriptions which will cost around £40 p/m and if thats the case then its almost cheaper to just go to the games
espn are owned by disney. hmmm. you learn something new every day

dc999 adding a touch of class. but i agree with him. no need for sweeping generilisations. nowt wrong with scousers.

does this mean that the scottish clubs who were screwed over by setantas goin bust will be alright financially now.

your forgetting he is a Liverpool fan. They dont have hearts or brains and they are just bitter towards everyone lol

And Your team's so called 'Loyal' fans ...Or hooligans as I should say:p

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

I Hate it too mate.
The EPL has way too much power in Football at the moment.
And for my League the SPL it hits us Hard.:(

Well let's just leave this guy with his middle age thoughts
as in from 1000 AD to 1500 AD

As long as I get the game on the telly... I don't care.