"...Essien has shown worrying signs of a total collapse as a footballer..."

gaamst

Reaction score
Originally our star man, Essien, been waiting for him to return to fitness and when he was finally back in training, he went with Ghana to the African Cup of Nations. Now, he's back but his attributes are total ****! What happened? Ofc he was gone for almost six months, but surely he will pick himself up again if I start playing him regularily? My fitness coach tells me that "Essien has shown worrying signs of a total collapse as a fotballer over the last three months. He(fitness coach) feels that Essiens progress has been set back by injury".

Any help on this will be much appreciated, as 'the Bison' is essential for any future success. ;)

to be honest it might be time to be ruthless and wield the axe and bring in fresh younger players that you can develop. i'm in my 3rd season on my game and I am Burnley and Chelsea have offered him to me countless times now as his stats have depleted and his career is winding down. cut your losses and find a better younger player

worrying it might be, i think u need a replacement for him no doubt. kwando asamoah from udinese is a good choice.

can u post a screenshot of essiens attributes ?

I gotta say, I'm partial to downloading the savegame thingy and edit him back to his old self... I mean, what if this happens again? I can't sell every player who gets seriously injured :S Anyways, these are his attributes now:

http://i39.tinypic.com/102l3lj.jpg

Btw Kwando looks kwantastic ;) But don't think I should bring in any more players, already bought Shinji Kagawa, Yoann Gourcuff and got Thiago on loan. Also I feel like I need to try, Essien is class, or he used to be anyways...

wow, that screenshot did not turn out great, let me know if you can't see his attributes

well i had to zoom. but yeah, he's not at his best now.

don't download his old stats that is in effect cheating. that is the thing with football manager it is like real life in that a serious injury to a player can start the end of their career (like owen, whiteside, king etc) scout the globe and be a REAL manager and find a replacement

sell him he is not what he used to be, his time is at an end in the top flight

hehe "be a real manager"... no I get what you're saying, but I think I'll continue to play him, at least until the end of the season and we'll see if he improves and gets back to his old self :) rainbows and lollipop land, im being a total naif i know

Sorry mate, but i tried giving him a lot of time, and he sadly does not improve! Right now i am using him as a back up, because i don't have it in my heart to sell one of my favorite players :(

Sorry mate, but i tried giving him a lot of time, and he sadly does not improve! Right now i am using him as a back up, because i don't have it in my heart to sell one of my favorite players :(

Eh, an Alias?

ive found this is sahilovic...good for nothiung after i signed him 9 months previous

same thing happened to me with nani. he was on fire at the start of the season, was even shortlisted for balon d'or, then 6 months injury struck. now he cant even get a game ahead of valencia. im probably just going to let him go and bring in di maria. you should probably do the same with essien.