Shukhratbek

Reaction score
Hey guys... need some advice...

How good is Michael Essien (Chelsea) ? I'm in my 2nd season with Chelsea and R.Madrid keeps making offer for the player.. The latest figure being £56 million.... i'm tempted by this figure to be honest.... So far Essien has done all right.... but not as good as I want him to be...

so, I'm a bit confused whether to sell him or not...

any advice... ?

thanks...

essien is a beast, but 56m is 56m and you could buy about 3 or 4 top players with that cash, depends on whether your midfield is strong, and you need to money to strengthen the rest of your side, remember, no one player is ahead of the team.

sell him dude, get the cash and as said above,use it to strengthen the team (chelsea being upfront)
use that money and get Pirlo for like 15 million (depends what season) he is pure class man!

essien is a beast, but 56m is 56m and you could buy about 3 or 4 top players with that cash, depends on whether your midfield is strong, and you need to money to strengthen the rest of your side, remember, no one player is ahead of the team.

sell him dude, get the cash and as said above,use it to strengthen the team (chelsea being upfront)
use that money and get Pirlo for like 15 million (depends what season) he is pure class man!

Thanks for your comments... The thing is Midfield is my main problem at the moment..

I have got good striker and wingers but the midfield is suffering, I believe... Even with the likes of Lampard.. I've got Lampard, Essien, John Obi Mikel at the moment for my midfield.. Recently bought Ignacio Camacho, he'll join next season.. So, looking to strenghten my midfield actually and here R.Madrid comes for my 1st choice Central Midfielder that's why a bit confused...

I like your advice about signing Andrea Pirlo, I guess I'll give him a try...

Guys, please note I'm using 9.1 Patch... How is Essien in 9.1?

i am too!
get Pirlo, he really is brilliant!
best midfielder in the game! or for a younger option go for someone like Sneijder or Iniesta maybe.

i am too!
get Pirlo, he really is brilliant!
best midfielder in the game! or for a younger option go for someone like Sneijder or Iniesta maybe.

Thanks again mate... you've been very helpful.. I'll surely get Pirlo upon your advice and post results here how I do with him...

PS. kinda decided to sell John Obi Mikel and keep Essien with Pirlo ... Clubs are offering up to £25 million for John Obi Mikel... we'll see, I guess.. :D

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

right, one more little advice needed... i'm in my 2nd season as I said above.. Should I sell Anelka?

At the moment, I have Balotelli, Drogba, Cardozo, Marquinhos and Anelka.. Balotelli plays as AMR for me though...

thinking of offloading one of my strikers... any suggestions?

Anelka was my top goalscorer last season but just in this 2nd season he was not like before...

if i were you, i will sell Essien and bought Kuzmanovic for 15M€, Moutinho for 15€, or Palacios for 18M€ or Camacho for 10M€, or Toulalan for 25M€...i know that Essien could be better than these players, but i usually get tired with players, so for fun you shold sell him :) ...have fun, bye

sell anelka, try selling Drogba before he is past his peak to get the most money out of him. like 33 maybe.
try looking at Mikael Chretien for RB as Bosingwa is not that great.
starts at nancy lorraine, paid 6.5 all big clubs after him.
after selling Drogba, look for this guy named Victor Manon - Pachuca - Mexico.View attachment 6193
he is really really young and his stats are amazing.
try getting Roberto Soldado - Getafe early as he is really awesome too and he goes to Real or Chelsea in a couple of years and he goes for around 4.4 1st season.

sell anelka and get him!
train marquinhos to AML as natural.

lee is right, 56m is a huge bid, and personally I would take it. You can use this 56m effectively, and could easily buy a similar type of player for half this, and use the rest to strengthen the team or youth team. And his last comment is the main basis of a team, No Player is Ahead or Better than the Team.

56 mil, take it anyday, Essien is nice, but 56 mil gives u much more options!

Got to be honest with you mate i would of kept Mikel Obi as he is 1 of best Dm's in the game and hes young!

Essien is a real good player but is never consistent on my game so would probably be worth selling him for £56M as there are alot of good Mc in the game ive heard Pirlo being mentioned he is quality but if your looking for someone young and exciting then go for alan dzagoev of cska moscow hes only 18 maybe 19 in your game but is a seriously talented attacking midfielder and links up well with lampard and ballack also take a look at lucho gonzalez at fc porto as hes a powerfull goalscoring midfielder could be worth it if you play with right tactic???

Hope this helps

56 mil, take it anyday, Essien is nice, but 56 mil gives u much more options!

Got to be honest with you mate i would of kept Mikel Obi as he is 1 of best Dm's in the game and hes young!

Essien is a real good player but is never consistent on my game so would probably be worth selling him for £56M as there are alot of good Mc in the game ive heard Pirlo being mentioned he is quality but if your looking for someone young and exciting then go for alan dzagoev of cska moscow hes only 18 maybe 19 in your game but is a seriously talented attacking midfielder and links up well with lampard and ballack also take a look at lucho gonzalez at fc porto as hes a powerfull goalscoring midfielder could be worth it if you play with right tactic???

Hope this helps

Thank you for your comments..

Just to give you all an update with Essien... R.Madrid came back again for him and I sold him for £62 million.... :D As Gavla88 put it, Essien is a really good player but in my game he's not consistent with his performance... So, I think selling him for £62 million was a really good business...

I decided to keep John Obi Mikel ... a good midfielder, plus young... I tried to sign Andrea Pirlo but AC Milan wouldn't sell him even for £50 million....!!?? I agree, he's really good but he's already 30 years old... will be 31 when he starts playing for me.. so, I guess AC Milan really took the **** here...

I received a lot of money from my chairman Abramovich for next season and I bought Christiano Ronaldo for a crazy price of £125 million.. !! 8-| it's 2009/10 season and he's at his best form.... Planning to train him as a natural Striker and goals are guaranteed for every game... ))

Also bought Ignacio Camacho ... Tried very hard to sign Lucho Gonzales but he was already with Man City and they just wouldn't sell him.... Well, they haven't got a problem with the cash that's probably why... :D

One more advice: Could you guys recommend a very good centre back for my Chelsea team? I've got Mexes, John Terry, Sakho and Alex now... Most of them seem to get injured a lot and John Terry is not consistent in his performances... This is smth I'm worried about.... Any advice?

for right back I've got Bosingwa and Davide Santon..

I would sell Alex, bring in zapata
Your RB's seem good
Who is your back-up LB...i assume uv still got A. cole?

yeh tht is a very good deal try sign veloso to replace him also ppl like bojan keirrisson sanchez valencia love marcano zapata all these players are very good ppl to buy for any team

I would sell Alex, bring in zapata
Your RB's seem good

Yea, I also thought about selling Alex but at the moment he is playing much better than John Terry and getting goals for me too... :D his attributes are not great but he keeps scoring header goals for me from corners... So, i'm thinking at least to keep until January transfer and see how he is by that time...
Who is your back-up LB...i assume uv still got A. cole?

Yea, still have Ashley Cole... and he's become a top left back now... ManUtd, Arsenal keep offering big money for him..... I always Ashley Cole but if he is injured, I'm using Sakho as a back-up...

Tried very hard to sign Juan Manuel Vargas from Fiorentina but they wouldn't sell him even for £27 million.. ! lol..

I'll have a look at Zapata how he is.... I'm chasing Federico Fazio actiually at the moment... hopefully they'll sell him...

Yh fazio would be a top signing aswell...if zapata is too expensive

zapata is a top defender and fazio you cant go wrong with them 2 you really cant i have thm both on my real madrid league and last 4 seasons fazio has won defender of the year so he is top class and zapata well you cant go wrong he is a mint players

n vargras yeh he is hard 2 sign but if you keep offering for him they will accept thts all i did and i think they gt annoyed and accepted i paid 21 million for him and now he is like wow also look into pato from ac milan in 2010 you can sell him for 130 mill well barca made me an offer i dident accept coz pato is tht gd for me last season 44 goals in 29 games ben arfa is also top class and is you play him right behind your strikers you will get the best out of him there i always do

hope this helped

Shukhratbek i agree with you fella alex is a realy consistent performer and regurly outplays john terry but hes a lil moaner!!! always complaining that he wants a new challenge and what not what i did i sold carvalho and alex bought zapata for a crazy £25m as he was co-owned by ac milan also gave mancienne and ivanovic alot more game time which realy helped their development ivanovic is like a rock! and mancienne is young and highly talented! for right back position youve got 1 of the best in santon i also have him plus dario srjna if spelt correctly??? highly consistent and can play all along the right side similar to zhirkov on the left who is an absoluute gem btw lol hope this helps always remember to give your reserves a go jack cork also has the potential to be as good as essien!:D