EURO 2012 Betting Thread

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
Thought it might be an idea to create a thread for this, seeing as the other one is sort of dead, and it'd be nice to have a dedicated thread for it.

Anyone put a few cheeky bets down on EURO 2012?

Really tempted to put a fiver on Italy to win with Di Natale top scorer @100/1 but my bank card doesn't let me bet online so I'd have to leave the house. **** that.

Really tempted to put a fiver on Italy to win with Di Natale top scorer @100/1 but my bank card doesn't let me bet online so I'd have to leave the house. **** that.

Pretty good that they wont let you. Di Natale isn't one of Prandelli's favorites so wont be playing that much I think.

Pretty good that they wont let you. Di Natale isn't one of Prandelli's favorites so wont be playing that much I think.

yeah it's saved me quite a lot of money actually. Really? I haven't really watched them play just figured with a juventus backbone and the leagues 3rd top scorer they've got a good chance

I've got a few down since I had some free money to play with. As such, my bets read:

£1 on Germany to win, France runner-up @ 33/1
£2 on Ola Toivonen to be Sweden's topscorer @ 12/1
£3 on Pedro to be Spain's topscorer @ 12/1
£2 on Roman Shirokov to be Russia's topscorer @ 8/1
£1 on Tomas Rosicky to be Czech Republic's topscorer @ 12/1
£1 on France to be highest scoring team @ 10/1
£2 on Greece to be lowest scoring team @ 7/1
£2 on Karim Benzema to get topscorer @ 10/1 (though apparently he slept funny on the flight over and is a doubt for the first match, just my luck)

yeah it's saved me quite a lot of money actually. Really? I haven't really watched them play just figured with a juventus backbone and the leagues 3rd top scorer they've got a good chance

Yeah, Di Natale's out of favour at the mo for some reason. Frankly, considering the flakiness of their current striking partnership - Cassano and Balotelli - I'd have given him a shot, but apparently Prandelli's going for natural talent over all else up front. I'd keep my eye on Mario. Either he's going to explode or be shocking. One thing's for certain, SOMETHING will happen regarding him.

Not sure about Italy. They seem to lack that little bit of quality for me. Montolivo's never really impressed me, and good as Pirlo is he'll have to get through a lot of work.

Yeah, Di Natale's out of favour at the mo for some reason. Frankly, considering the flakiness of their current striking partnership - Cassano and Balotelli - I'd have given him a shot, but apparently Prandelli's going for natural talent over all else up front. I'd keep my eye on Mario. Either he's going to explode or be shocking. One thing's for certain, SOMETHING will happen regarding him.

Not sure about Italy. They seem to lack that little bit of quality for me. Montolivo's never really impressed me, and good as Pirlo is he'll have to get through a lot of work.

Maybe I'll just reduce it to a quid bet then and put a few more on like you. Is Llorente likely to start for spain? He's 14/1 to finish top scorer.

You better hope Benzema is fit to play especially as it's against England would be missing out on a few goals haha.

Maybe I'll just reduce it to a quid bet then and put a few more on like you. Is Llorente likely to start for spain? He's 14/1 to finish top scorer.

Hmm... possible? Yes. Likely? Probably not, but if Torres doesn't start scoring soon then expect him to be deposed quickly. If I were you I'd make that one a small bet, purely because A) Spain, contrary to popular belief, don't really score that much in proper international competitions, and especially without Villa and B) He's not too likely to start.

You better hope Benzema is fit to play especially as it's against England would be missing out on a few goals haha.

Tell me about it! Will be well ****** if he doesn't make it.

£10 Bet on Italy to win at 14/1

£5 Holland

£5 England in a sweep.

Portugal in the FM-Base IRC sweep!

£10 on spain to win with RVP to be top scorer

£10 on holland to win with benzema to be top scorer

this was the day before the tournament started! haha