Euro 2012 Match Discussion Thread

Arsenal keeper in ****-up shocker #2 haha. Great save though.

Goal ruled out, Greece really going for it now. Salpingdis has been immense!

This is a fantastic game; I didn't expect Greece to equalise, I didn't expect that Wojciech Sczcesny would make two mistakes, and I didn't except the substitute goalkeeper to save it. It's been a good game so far; but I thought Sczcesny would be one of the best keepers at the Euros - but it seems not!

What else can this game throw up!?

This game has been great to watch. Hopefully the rest of the tournament will be just as exciting. Can we have this ref for every game please.

it's funny how so many people/pundicts said this would be a boring game haha.

it's funny how so many people/pundicts said this would be a boring game haha.

On paper, it could have well been a boring game.

Tournament football can produce anything though, especially with both teams knowing this is a game they can win.

Great opening game poland should have been 3-0 up at half time but have lost the plot in second half, my man of the match the ref:p

This has to be best opening game i have ever seen, who would have expect obscure teams creating such a fantastic show?

Hopefully its a sign of great tournament ahead of us.

Had near enough everything for a neutral, 2 goals, 2 reds, a missed penalty and a disallowed goal.

That Salpingidis looks quite a lively player for Greece as well.

Had near enough everything for a neutral, 2 goals, 2 reds, a missed penalty and a disallowed goal.

That Salpingidis looks quite a lively player for Greece as well.
Yep would be my propper man of the match!

Salpingidis was really the only one looking like creating something for Greece late in the match I thought. Hopefully the manager will have a mind to start him the next time around.

Also, I missed the sending off of the Greek player, but I was told the decision was a bad one. Agree?

Salpingidis was really the only one looking like creating something for Greece late in the match I thought. Hopefully the manager will have a mind to start him the next time around.

Also, I missed the sending off of the Greek player, but I was told the decision was a bad one. Agree?
Was shocking mate should not have had 1 yellow let alone 2! Ref wanted to be in the light.

Pretty terrible yeah both yellows were extremely soft the first one wasn't even a foul.

Pretty terrible yeah both yellows were extremely soft the first one wasn't even a foul.

Yeah. Even here in Poland that red card for Greece raised a lot of eyebrows amongst pundits and fans alike.

It was almost a relief when they booked Szczesny out, i don't want our team to be new South Korea carried by the refs just because we're the host.

Have this for a stat - Opta Sports ‏@OptaJoe22 - Czech Republic have never missed a penalty at the Euros (8 taken). Before them, Czechoslovakia scored with all 14 of theirs. Perfect

Well, I wasn't overly impressed with Poland I have to admit. They looked like they had two decent players - Lewandowski and Obraniak... Both of whom are pretty well known anyway. The rest of their teams needs to put in a bit more of a shift to qualify as other than those two, they seemed to switch off when Greece went down to ten men.

Well, I wasn't overly impressed with Poland I have to admit. They looked like they had two decent players - Lewandowski and Obraniak... Both of whom are pretty well known anyway. The rest of their teams needs to put in a bit more of a shift to qualify as other than those two, they seemed to switch off when Greece went down to ten men.

What do you expect from a team ranked 62nd in the world, who haven't needed to play a competitive game in 2 years. This is the only game I think they have any chance of getting a point, and they got one, but the next two games they will be playing vastly superior teams.

Akinfeev isn't starting in goal for russia wtf? Is he injured? That's my fantasy team ******.

Edit: Nvm been injured for a month and is on bench wish I'd have known that.

Last edited: