• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain could be ready for the European Championships in 2012.

More...

Unless there is a massive injury crisis immediately before the Euro's I can't see why we would need Chamberlain in the squad..

Unless there is a massive injury crisis immediately before the Euro's I can't see why we would need Chamberlain in the squad..

Cant see where he gets in (What i would pick right now, but some are still up for grabs)
Hart
Which ever GK isen't retired
Same as above

Cole
Baines
Terry
Jones
Jagielka/Rio Ferdinand
Smalling/Richards
Walker/Johnson

Parker
Cleverley
Wilshere
Gerrard
Young
Milner/Rodwell/Thudd/Carrick
Sturridge
Downing

Rooney
Bent
Zamora
Agbonlahor
Welbeck/Defoe/Carroll

Arsene Wenger said:
"I don't rule him out. It depends on his progress here"

And BBC somehow translate that small statement into a full article on unrelated ****. As a football fan, I shake my head in annoyance. As a journalist, I can't help but admire their total disregard (or perhaps their strict adherance) of just about everything that makes a story .

Last edited:
Cant see where he gets in (What i would pick right now, but some are still up for grabs)
Hart
Which ever GK isen't retired
Same as above

Cole
Baines
Terry
Jones
Jagielka/Rio Ferdinand
Smalling/Richards
Walker/Johnson

Parker
Cleverley
Wilshere
Gerrard
Young
Milner/Rodwell/Thudd/Carrick
Sturridge
Downing

Rooney
Bent
Zamora
Agbonlahor
Welbeck/Defoe/Carroll

No Adam Johnson? No Lampard? No Walcott?

No Adam Johnson? No Lampard? No Walcott?

Who would you drop to put each of those three in? I'd rather have Gabriel 'hits 25 and suddenly develops a footballing brain' Agbonlahor over the one-dimensional Walcott. Likewise, Adam Johnson has had, what, three starts for City in the league this season? I'd find it hard to justify picking him over the more rounded and crucially regularly-playing Downing. Lampard doesn't fit our system.

Walcott can run fast.

Thats all

That's a little harsh: he's a decent, if inconsistent, finisher. But in the essence you are right, he is the epitome of the velocista.

To be honest though guys Walcott will be in the squad, hopefully Sturridge will too but it seems unlikely.

Walcott's mere speed creates psychological trauma for defenders, even if he can't do much else. But I'm pretty sure Oxo won't make the side barring a major injury crisis.

To be honest though guys Walcott will be in the squad, hopefully Sturridge will too but it seems unlikely.

I know, but its all very well being dangerously quick, but that can only get you so far, got to have to more to your game than that. Still think Walcott is better off being developed through the middle.

Big shame if DS doesnt go

To be fair, didn't we say that about his inclusion in the World Cup?

Love him, but very much hope he doesn't go to the Euros. If he does, he'll just be another Walcott situation and that's not what anyone wants IMO.

That's a little harsh: he's a decent, if inconsistent, finisher. But in the essence you are right, he is the epitome of the velocista.

You and your fancy words which I had to google ;)

Back