Europa League - not in FM 2011 11.2 ???

metropolisCZ

Reaction score
Hi,
when running FM 2011 w/o patch 11.2 there was Europa League competition as it is called nowadays. I downloaded competitions logos and it worked correctly. After installing patch 11.2 mentioned competition is called just Euro Cup with random logo.
Does anyone notice?

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:58 PM ----------

Anyone to advise, please?

Last edited:
It is the EURO Cup as the europa league and the champions cup for champions league because they don't have licensing or something **** like that

Download the competition names fix...I think it's in the editing sectino of the forums.

It is the EURO Cup as the europa league and the champions cup for champions league because they don't have licensing or something **** like that

****, I didn't notice it's Champions Cup as well. Well, so in original game names of both competitions were okay and afterwards they realized they haven't got a license? Weird...

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Download the competition names fix...I think it's in the editing sectino of the forums.

Thanks, I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

I found it, but don't know if it's working with already running game. In how-to-use is mentioned "start new game", but I just wonder if anyone tried?

****, I didn't notice it's Champions Cup as well. Well, so in original game names of both competitions were okay and afterwards they realized they haven't got a license? Weird...
LOL Sports Interactive have never had the license for the European competition names - if you had them before then it would've been from a custom made database with names corrected

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Thanks, I'll try that.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

I found it, but don't know if it's working with already running game. In how-to-use is mentioned "start new game", but I just wonder if anyone tried?

Paste the file in "user-->my documents-->sports interactive-->football manager 2011-->editor data"

Then start a new game thats all... :)

Thanks, I'll try that.

Since it says 'Start new game' I'm gonna go ahead and guess you need to start a new game ;)

Susie Real Names is actually the better option. Because it has more corrected names, and because it does not directly mess with the DB since it uses .edt files.

LOL Sports Interactive have never had the license for the European competition names - if you had them before then it would've been from a custom made database with names corrected

ok, never noticed before (A) I had never any custom made database. btw first Football Manager/Championship Manager I played was season 99/00 :)

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Since it says 'Start new game' I'm gonna go ahead and guess you need to start a new game ;)

I just hoped I would not be necessary as I am already in the third season and don't want to start over again ;)

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Susie Real Names is actually the better option. Because it has more corrected names, and because it does not directly mess with the DB since it uses .edt files.

Need to start new game with this?

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

OK sorry mate, I found it. Not necessary.