European Champions Cup qualification issues!

NeoCoN7

Reaction score
So I'm having an issue with Champions Cup on FM2013...

I used the official Data Editor to move some teams around and I put Celtic in the Championship using the team swap option.

I completed the first season winning the Championship and therefore securing promotion to the EPL.

After a blistering season I finished second here's where my problems start.

At the end of the year it showed me the league and four teams had qualified for the ECC. Man Utd (1st), Newcastle (3rd), Man City (4th) and Chelsea (5th).

There was nothing next to me. Odd. I decided to play on a little and when I got my board expectations for the next season I couldn't select European Qualification however that was there in the previous season.

Also on my board confidence screen there was only the EPL and the FA Cup. Nothing for the ECC.

I've checked and my team is registered as being an English team. I can't figure out why I wasn't picked to play in Europe. (Bayern won the ECC - coincidentally enough - so it's not like Chelsea won it knocking me out of the running).

I've just started my new season and I should be going straight to the group stages. Can someone tell me if I will be in it or have I just wasted three days of my life?

If I were to guess, I'd say you just wasted three days of your life. A possible explanation is that Celtic is still considered a Scottish team, and as they're now playing in the EPL, they won't be qualified for ECC because they didn't qualify through the Scottish League. I'm not saying this is definitely the case, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. It's the kind of thing that can happen by using the editor.

Maybe someone who has experience with switching leagues, or more insight into using the editor and the consequences of that, can elaborate.