European Champions Cup -Qualification?

haythornroy

Reaction score
Hoping someone can tell me or link me to a discussion that explains how to qualify for the ECC (and other tournaments).

I've just started playing this awesome game, and took a D2 team (Chesterfield) to D1, and then to the Champions league. Yet, I've still not been included in the ECC. I've participated in (and won) the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Euro Cup, the Community Shield, and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy tournaments. My only guess is that only teams from the top division in their respective country get to play in the ECC.

Is that right? and if so, do you have to win the Premiere League to get an invite? I don't think so as there are so many English teams in the ECC, unless it's something to do with having won at least once in the last (fill in the blank) years? What's the scoop?

Appreciate any info and thanks in advance for your time.

R

If you finish in the top four of the Premier League you qualify for CL and then 5th and 6th qualify for Europa League aswell as the FA cup winners. If a top 6 club wins FA Cup then 7th get
Europa League spot

Yeah do as the above

Last edited:
Jesus, you must be a noob, why would you think you get into champo league?

Maybe he isnt from England and doesnt follow much english football. Dont get on his back for not knowing something like this. Dont try and act all smart just as some people are not blessed with your "intelligence"

Nooob, i am your father

Haha, yep, I'm a noob. I know a good amount about how to play the game, but next to nothing about English leagues and Europe tournaments. This game has been great for teaching me a lot about European football. I chose England because of the 4 divisions so I could start in the lowest and see if I could gain promotion. I guess when I first started seeing news about the ECC, I thought it would be for division winners. Then when I won npower D2 and didn't get included in my second year, I figured it was for top divisions, or perhaps by world club rankings. So now i know. Thanks much Brian!

The top 3 clubs in the premiership qualify for the Champions league.
4th spot qualifies for the Champoions league but must go througth a qualifiing round

5th and 6th spot qualify for the Euro Cup. 7th depending on Cup results

There are a few slight annomalies:

If a club wins the Champoions League in the previous season but fails to finish in the top 4 the next season, They are automatically qualify and 4th spot drops down to the Euro cup. They would have to go through all the qualifiers though

Also If any club wins a domestic cup - FA cup, They automatically qualify for the ECC and the 6th places looses out. However if a club already in the top 6 wins a domestic cup then this places is given to 7th place.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
In addition to all mentioned above: if you go to nations screen, I mean list of nations of each continent, there you can see coeficients and qualification places for ECC and EC.

i once saw a championship team get into the europa league by being runners up in the facup i dunno if its a glitch but they finished 12 in the championship :/

i once saw a championship team get into the europa league by being runners up in the facup i dunno if its a glitch but they finished 12 in the championship :/

no that happens in RL..... Rarely though last team to do it i think was millwall as cardiff were not allowed to represent england seeing as they are welsh

Hoping someone can tell me or link me to a discussion that explains how to qualify for the ECC (and other tournaments).

I've just started playing this awesome game, and took a D2 team (Chesterfield) to D1, and then to the Champions league. Yet, I've still not been included in the ECC. I've participated in (and won) the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Euro Cup, the Community Shield, and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy tournaments. My only guess is that only teams from the top division in their respective country get to play in the ECC.

Is that right? and if so, do you have to win the Premiere League to get an invite? I don't think so as there are so many English teams in the ECC, unless it's something to do with having won at least once in the last (fill in the blank) years? What's the scoop?

Appreciate any info and thanks in advance for your time.

R
Sorry,but did you cheat?

Absolutely. I just started playing the game. I'll play straight up once I know how everything works. I went into editor and gave chesterfield buckets of transfer money. Tried to give them a huge stadium but for some reason that didn't take. But i have managed to get the board to expand the stadium twice for a total of 10k additional seats. Also grabbed Villa and Ronaldo and a few 15-16 year olds to watch them turn into stars in a few years. Did all that in editor then loaded that data file and started.

EEC

I finished 2nd in the league with Liverpool in my first season followed by Arsenal 3rd Chelsea 4th and Watford 5th. But Watford are in the ECC instead of me. Can anyone explain why haha