European Dreams - A Newcastle United Story

Reaction score

View attachment 230464BREAKING NEWS: ALAN PARDEW QUITS
View attachment 230465
Alan Pardew resigns from Toon amid England negotiations

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has cut short his reign over the Tyneside club as he seems to be edging towards a contreversial move to the England hotseat. This leaves Newcastle preparing for the upcoming season looking for a new boss, in a campaign which sees them looking to stamp their authority in and around the top 10. Managing Director Derek Llambias had this to say. "Alan was a man that Mike and I loved working with and there is no one more deserving for the England job, there are no hard feelings. The important thing now is to kick on, get a new man in who will lead this club to success." There is undoubtably an air of dissapointment within the NUFC fanbase but also a great deal of respect and appreciation for their former boss.

Some Toon players took to Twitter on the subject:View attachment 230475
@dannysimpson12 - "gutted to see Alan go, great manager and great person. need to kick on now '#pardewforengland
@TimKrul - "good luck to AP, unreal amount of respect for the guy, your work will not be forgotten.. hers hoping you get the England job #legend

Newcastle are understood to want to quickly name a new boss in preperation for this campaign. Names in the mix include Rafa Benitez, David Moyes, Sven Gorrn Erikson and former Sunderland boss, Steve Bruce.

*using update, will update as often as possible.. so just bare with me and enjoy :)

View attachment 230481
View attachment 230482Newcastle United are delighted to name Tyler Hutchinson as their new manager

Hutchinson signs a five-year deal at the famous Newcastle club and he is very excited to get started. Derek Llambias said this today upon recruiting Hutchinson "Tyler is showing lots of potential and the fans can trust me and Mr Ashley on that one, this guy has talent. He is one of the best young managers around and we are convinced he will lead this great club to success."
The new boss had this today "Well, its all happened so quickly! I am delighted as i have supoorted this club all my life and im honored that Mike and Derek have put faith in me to do the right job. I am succeeding a brilliant man manager so i shan't rest on my laurels, however im up for this and my passion for this club is on par with every one of the fans."

Last edited:
View attachment 230488

New Toon boss wastes no time on reserve development

2 players have finalised loan moves to lower leagues, another loan bid accepted!

View attachment 230489
Bradden Inman - Season long loan to York CityView attachment 230490Paul Dummett - 6 month loan to Burton Albion
View attachment 230491Troubled Toon striker Nile Ranger is set to be reunited with Chris Hughton on loan as bid is accepted.

In other NUFC Transfer News -
the Toon have lodged a £3m bid for Palace whizkid Wilfried Zaha (TheSun)
Out-of-favour Everton hitman Victor Anichebe linked with £5.5m move to Tyneside (Guardian)
Shola Ameobi and Peter Lovenkrands look set to leave in the next month as Hutchinson looks to younger options (Independant)

View attachment 230614TRANSFER NEWS FROM NEWCASTLE UNITED
View attachment 230615
Vertonghen pictured this morning at the clubs Benton training ground moments after signing.

Newcastle United have today confirmed the signing of 24-year-old Belgian centre-back Jan Vertonghen from Eredvisie side Ajax on a 5-year-contract. Sky Sports News understands the fee for the 30 times capped international was in the region of £5.5m. This news emerges after Ajax revealed they had accepted bids from Newcastle, Lille, Porto and Juventus, so its fair to say there was fear competition for the player. Jan spoke to our reporters through an interpretor and he had this to say, "After speaking to my agent and my family I came to the conclusion that it was the right time to leave Ajax, it has always been a dream of mine to play in England and Newcastle offered me that chance. I was aware of the other interest from all over Europe but I never had a doubt in my mind that I was making the right move in joining Newcastle. I spoke to the manager and times at this club are about to get very exciting. I cant wait to start training and meet my new team mates and pulling on a black and white shirt.
View attachment 230616
In other Newcastle transfer news, the club have confirmed that Danish striker Peter Lovenkrands has left the club in a £1m to Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers on a 2-year-deal, the 31-year-old is said to be extatic to be joining such a ambitious, determined club. Toon Striker Nile Ranger has also finalised his season long loan move to Birmingham today.

Pre-Season Review
View attachment 230631
Lots of goals scored and I'm impressed with the performances, only setback was Exeter but can be excused as a young team was feilded. Players most impressed by: Demba Ba, Fabricio Coloccini and Sylvain Marveaux.

View attachment 230634View attachment 230647View attachment 230646

News from Tyler Hutchinsons first pre-match confrence as he talks Arsenal, formation, strikers, aims and loans.

"The lads have come out of a very succesful pre-season with confidence and are now fully focused on the game tomorrow. Arsenal are one of the big boys and it would be reckless for us to sit back and let them attack us so its vital we have a go tomorrow and the lads know that. The initial aim for the end of the season is top 8 but I will be drilling a footballing style into this team capable of shooting into Europe, but we will see."

When asked about formations, playing styles and starters, Hutchinson had this to say:
"As is evident from those who've followed our pre-season you'll notice i like to play a balanced formation with 1 striker and it encourages a lot of quick goal scoring, attacking football. I have been asked on a number of occasions 'what will happen with Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse?' and I've took that into account. I will be allowing Cisse to relax, study the game, learn the language and then i'll guide him in slowly, I beg the fans to not expect the world from him from the off. He was excellent in pre-season but he needs time and when he gets that he will become one of the great Newcastle No.9's."

Finally, attention was brought back to transfers in and out:
"I would be mad to rule anything out, just dont expect any Man City-like deals from us. We still have a couple of targets and thats our job to get them over the line, I'm not promising anything. There will be more loans outgoing as we accepted a loan bid for Yven Moyo yesterday and (Shola)Ameobi is down in London touching up the final details on a season-long loan to Crystal Palace. We've also just got news from the England Under-21 camp that Sammy Ameobi has been injured and after some tests has been ruled put for 1-2 months so thats a blow to us."

In Other News: Stuart Pearce has agreed to take over the England hotseat for the next 3 years with Alan Pardew taking charge of the Under-21's with a view to taking over Pearce at the end of the 3 years.

Toon Gun Down The Gunners!
View attachment 230660
Gabriel Obertan gave a good account of himself against Arsenal after bagging a brace.
View attachment 230661
Tyler Hutchinson made the best possible start to his Newcastle career as the second half came to life in a thrilling 4-2 victory over Arsenal. The first half was hardly worthy of note with each sides cancelling eachother out, it was at half time when the eventual defining subtistution would change the match came. A struggling Sylvain Marveaux was replaced with Gabriel Obertan, however his introducted was muted as Andre Ayew put the Gunners 1-0 shortly after the break. This would not be for long though as Obertan bombed down the wing and knocked the ball in for an eager Demba Ba to get on the end of it. However soon after, Arsenal were again in front from Gervinho. Then the comeback was on as Obertan sped into the box and was brought down, he was adamant he would take the penalty and slotted home to make it 2-2. A case of right place right time followed this as Obertan stuck one in to put the Magpies ahead. Then Vuckic just needed to tap into an open goal to ensure the victory. (4 - 2) Next up for Hutchinson, the small matter of a Tyne-Wear derby at The Stadium of Light.
Man of the Match - Gabriel Obertan

PS - Only defining, important and big-hyped games will recieve match reports like this.. I dont wish to bore you all! However I would like any followers to let me know wether i should do this every game please..

Last edited:
View attachment 230667
Newcastle United Loan Man Utd Starlet Pogba
View attachment 230668
Newcastle have just confirmed that they have finalised a 5-month loan deal for 18-year-old Manchester United playmaker Paul Pogba. The Frenchman who prodimently plays in centre midfield will act as cover for Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote. The deal also includes and option to extend the loan until the end of the season which will give Newcastle United first option on Pogba for a set price believed to be between £4m-£6m. This signing comes in the aftermath of the Toon's 4-2 victory over Arsenal.

Spiderman Silences Sunderland in Dying MinutesView attachment 230683
Gutierrez saves Toon blushes
View attachment 230684
This turned out to be a scrappy but entertaining affair between the North-East rivals in a game which saw itself turn from a battlefield into a place of footballing magic. However it started off quite quiet with both teams assing the ball around and keeping possesion nicely but it all proved to be calm before the storm as Newcastle were caught and Ji Dong Wong found himself one on one and calmly slotted it past Krul, cue flairing tempers. From this point both teams found any excuse to get the other into trouble and the half time break couldnt come quick enough. Hutchinson gave Pogba his Newcastle and Premier League debut on the 60 minute mark and Hutchinson clearly thought he's be looked after by playing alongside the performer of the day Cheick Tiote. The game settled towards the end and then one quick turn and a pin-point pass from Cisse had Jonas through and he composed himslef and tooked in to the top corner, and thats how it ended. 1 - 1
Man of the Match - Cheick Tiote

Magpies Advance in Carling Cup
View attachment 230710View attachment 230711

Good win that I'm pleased with. Gave some youngsters the chance and they delivered, also encouraging that Cabaye got 70 mins on his way back from a knock he picked up in pre-season. Vuckic has yet to disapoint me this season, definitely looks big for the future and could be key to this competetion aswell as the FA Cup as we will be fighting for both.

Man of the Match - Haris Vuckic

Newcastle Back To Winning Ways with Second-Half Comeback
View attachment 230713
Demba Ba Seals Point as Toon Come From Behind Again
View attachment 230714
For the third time in the Premier League this season Newcastle have had to be inspired by going behind to gain points from a game. This time around they looked totally dominant for the first 45 mins but then Fulham striker Pavel Pogrebnyak hindered their efforts. Then an inspired Toon turn-around saw them gain all 3 points as goals from new-boy Pogba, captain Coloccini and hitman Ba secured the win. (3 - 1)
Man of the Match - Fabricio Coloccini
*Carling Cup Draw: Newcastle United v West Brom

Last edited:
Ba Treble Downs The Hoops
View attachment 230728Demba Ba collects match ball after impressive display in front of goal
View attachment 230729
An impressive display at Loftus Road keeps Toon unbeaten record intact. This was an enternaining game from the start as Demba Ba netted on 8 mins from a counter attack, followed by a tidy finish from Vuckic 3 minutes later. QPR retained hope when Faurlin converted from the penalty spot after Obertan fouled. Ba widened the gap once more a minute before the interval. 5 minutes after the restart, half time substitute, DJ Campbell headed home to keep QPR alive. But then Demba Ba effectively killed the game after 65 minutes with his third and Newcastles fourth. Federico Macheda gave the Hoops something to fight for when he scored with 5 minutes to go but it was to no avail. (3 - 4)
This leaves Newcastle 2nd in the Premier LeagueTable after 4 games with no defeats.

Villains Give Newcastle First Taste of Defeat
View attachment 230735Ireland and Bent Deal the Magpies Their First Blow
View attachment 230736
Villa dominated and took chances and we were not able to create anything. Poor day in which each player contributed to a poor performance, time to move on and focus on next game. Goals from former Toon loanee Stephen Ireland and ex-mackem Darrent Bent had us well on our way to defeat. (2 - 0)

following. :) looking forward to see how you do over the season.

Carling Cup
Toon Advance Again - Ba: We Are Contenders

View attachment 230773Leon Best and Sylvain Marveaux net in win
View attachment 230774
An assured performance from weakened team as we never looked like losing. Leon Best and Sylvain Marveaux delivered tidy finishes to allow the Toon to advance. It was quite important that we won this to pick ouselves up from the defeat at Aston Villa and this will allow us to hopefully get back to winning in the league.

Demba Ba: We Can Win This As Long As We Want It
View attachment 230775Newcastles Senegalese hitman believes theres no reason his team cant reach cup success this season. "The manager explained to us that we should fight and give our all in these matches because he wants us to win a trophy this season, also he is pulling every one together so that this team reach Europe, wether thats through the cup or us finishing in the top 6. We are an ambitious team right now and this cup belongs to us if we want it enough." The forward has impressed so far this term with 5 goals in his first 5 games in the league.

Newcastle Win Again View attachment 230780Demba shows no sign of stopping View attachment 230782 Newcastle United put their first defeat of the season behind them as they put Blackburn to the sword at St James' Park. Demba Ba added the first followed by two Vertonghen headers which were enough to sink the Lancishire side. Ba is proving to be one of the leagues most deadly forwards with a return of a goal per game this season. (3 - 1)
Current Standings (Top 7)
View attachment 230781

In other news Sky Sports News are reporting that Newcastle have accepted a £4.8m bid from npower Championship side Southampton for centre-back Mike Williamson and central midfielder Danny Guthrie which will see the deals go through on the first of January

Last edited: