European goal of the season: Vote now

Joss

Reaction score
Last week we asked for your suggestions for European goal of the 2010-11 season (as well as making a few suggestions of our own) - might have forgotten to post a thread for that - Now it's your chance to choose which goal will join past winners Benjamin Huggel and Grafite as your No1 goal.

Click the link(s) below to see a feast of goalscoring genius.

Poll: European goal of the season | Football | guardian.co.uk

I went for Dejan Stankovic. On the volley, 40+ yards out, 100% skill - Incredible strike.

Was between Guarin and Cavani for me. Cavani wins because he scored the winner in injury time.

From the list, Rooney for me. Incredible feat, plus a bit of bias.

However, Adel Taraabt's goal vs Swansea should be in there ahead of Routledge's. Insane goal.

Was between Guarin and Cavani for me. Cavani wins because he scored the winner in injury time.

Guarin's goal was insanely good. Cavani's was nice, too - just thought the fact Stankovic hit it so cleanly on the volley from there was outstanding.

From the list, Rooney for me. Incredible feat, plus a bit of bias.

However, Adel Taraabt's goal vs Swansea should be in there ahead of Routledge's. Insane goal.

Yeah - Routledge's was a nice pass from Taraabt but the goal against Swansea was top class.

Dejan Stankovic's goal was legen- wait for it

dary

Last edited:
Poyet's, Capuaro's, Hazard's, Stankovics's goals were great! (even though Dejans goal was unattended, I still feel you actually need to beat the keeper)

I voted for Guarin's goal, it is by far the most incredible strike of the ball I have ever seen!

There are some excellent goals, I love the Catania goal and all the ones mentioned.

But I voted for something more obscure, Dimitris Salmas' goal for me. The cross, the finish, brilliance.

Thanks Joss, I realised that after I had posted it.. forgot to come back and edit/delete it :)

Everybody vote for Routledge!

It's gonna be hard from this position but we can still try...

Dean Furman's would probably get my vote if it weren't for Routledge.