European Journeyman - This is The Dream

kab0409

Reaction score
-
Intro
-
Welcome to my journey through Europe. I dream of becoming the best manager of all time. My name is Thomas Hansen from Oslo in Norway. After 25 years on this planet, I start on the dream I have had for many years, to become a football manager. Like many of you, I also played football growing up, but like most people, I realized that I could never become a professional football player. A few years ago, I shifted my focus to becoming a manager. I have spent the last few years studying football, but have not yet taken any official coaching courses. However, I have taken a bachelor's degree in Sport Management which will help me in the management profession. I see myself as a motivator who loves high pressure and attacking football. I am writing this in July 2021 at the same time as the first job applications are sent out. The journey can begin!

Playable leagues:
Austria - HPYBET 2nd League (Tier2)
Belgium - Nationale 1 (Tier 3)
Croatia - FavBet Druga Liga (Tier 2)
Czech Republic - Fortuna narodni liga (Tier 2)
Denmark - 3rd Division (Tier 4)
England - Vanarama National League North / South (Tier 6)
France - National Championship (Tier 3)
Germany - 3. Liga (Tier 3)
Greece - Super League 2 Betsson (Tier 2)
Holland - Kitchen Champion Division (Tier 2)
Israel - Leumit League - (Tier 2)
Italy - Serie C (Tier3)
Norway - PostNord-Ligaen (Tier 3)
Poland - Fortuna I liga (Tier 2)
Portugal - Campeonato Nacional Prio (Tier 4)
Scotland - Scottish League Two (Tier 4)
Serbia - Prva liga Srbija (Tier 2)
Spain - Spanish Federation Second Division (Tier 4)
Sweden - Division 2 (Tier 4)
Switzerland - Brack.ch Challenge League (Tier 2)
Turkey - Spor Toto 2. Lig (Tier 3)

-
Part1
-
We're going to Sweden
froso if.png

Östersund_from_Frösön.jpg

The first stop on the journey is Östersund in Sweden. Frösö IF gave me a contract for the rest of the season. The club is located just outside Östersund and plays in Division 2 Norrland. Östersund FK also played in the same division a few years ago, Graham Potter took the club all the way up to the Allsvenskan in just a few seasons. Potter is currently the manager of Brigthon in the Premier League, he was also a short period in Swansea after his stay in Østersund FK. There is another team also from Östersund, namely IFK Östersund who play in the same division as us.

The Club

the club.png

Club Vison
club vison.png

Finances
finances.png

League Table
table so far.png

Results so far this season
results so far.png

Schedule for the rest of the season
schedule.png

The club is newly promoted and is currently in 9th place after 11 games. There are 17 games left of the season and the goal is to avoid relegation playoffs. The club is like everyone else, semi-professional. When it comes to finances, the club has no money to spend, here it is important to keep expenses down. This means that it will be difficult to strengthen the thin squad I have at my disposal. The club is predicted to end the season in 12th place by the media. The team is undefeated the last 3 games.

Squad
squad.png

One of our better players Anton Olofsson is out with an injury for 3 weeks, and will probably miss the match against city rivals IFK Østersund. Hopefully we can bring in a couple of players who can give us some more depth.

With the players I have at my disposal, I want to have a more direct style of play. At the same time, we have to win our home games.

Transfers In
Rasmus Olsson signed.png

Michael myhrberg signed.png

We bring in 2 very young midfielders, but they are more than good enough to add quality.

-
Part 2
-
2021 season

Results
resultater.png

July - My first match as a manager ends with a strong away result. We increased the number of games without a loss to 4.

August - We continue the good form, 8 games in a row without a loss. We have to concede fewer goals.

September
- The adventure continues in September, 12 straight games without a loss. We won against the league leader Team TG FF, who is the pre-favorite for the title this season. We are also keeping a clean sheet for the first time this season.

October - I am so impressed with the team, we deliver far above expectations. 16 straight games without a loss. Can we fight for promotion?

November - An adventure always has an end, matches without a loss end in 17. A very disappointing collapse away from home against our city rival. Does this ruin our chances of a sensational promotion? We won our last 2 matches, but unfortunately it does not hold for a promotion. We end up in a strong 3rd place.

Table
Tabell ferdigspilt.png

Season development
Sesong utvikling.png

Incredibly impressed with what the team manages to deliver. We end up in a 3rd place which we are very happy with, only 1 poor point behind the playoff place. We played with a 4-2-3-1 formation in all the matches which worked incredibly well. The tactics were simple, high pressure, offensive and direct football. When I took over, I wanted us to be unbeatable in our home games. We managed that, no loss at home so far during my stay here. In 8 home games we won 6 and played a draw in 2 games.

Stats
stats.png

beste 11.png

Almost all the players delivered this season. Especially Joel Lundström, Christoffer Nilsson Ihrén, Rasmus Olsson, Carl Panoncilion and Majed Saedi all had a fantastic season.

The new signings
nysigneringer prestasjon.png

The young boys Olsson and Myhrberg took the step immediately. These two can take the club to new heights.

New contract
Ny kontrakt.png

After a few weeks of assessment, I chose to sign a new 1-year contract with the club. I believe that we can fight for promotion next season.

-
Part 3
-
2022 season Pre-Season
-
Pre-season
pre season resultater.png

We deliver a decent pre season against varied resistance. With 8 new players in the team, we have strengthened the team considerably. We will continue with the same tactics as last season.

Before the pre-season Alexander Nilsson Ihrén announced that he will leave the Club under the bosman ruling at the end of his contarct that expires at the end of the season. He is the brother of last season's top goalscorer Christoffer Nilsson Ihrén.

Season preview
Skjermbilde 2022-04-10 233928.png

The club is predicted to be in 9th place this season. The board expected a position in the middle of the table. Personally, I think the team has the opportunity to fight for promotion.

New scout signed
The club has signed 1 new goalkeeping coach. Oscar Jonasson has signed a £ 50 contract for the rest of the season. The 37-year-old has previously been both goalkeeping coach and player in IFK Uppsala.

Jonas Gunnarsson will enter the role as head of youth development, on a 1-year contract.

The club has set up a separate scout team, where Jon Lindskog gets the role as chief scout. The rest of the team are scouts Hannes Blomqvist and Sebastian Eneroth. All 3 have received a one-year contract.

Sigurd Ekrem is the club's new physio.

Transfer in
Fahad Shariff - Free transfer - the 24-year-old ball-winning midfielder has the potential to become an important player this season.

Tommy Silfverberg - Free transfer - the 16-year-old sweeper goalkeeper is the club's new first goalkeeper.

Noah Appelberg - Free transfer - the 20-year-old left back goes straight into the team.

Omar Eddahri - Free Transfer - 31 year old experienced winger who gives us security and options offensively.

Loyanda-Kiesse Irvine - Free transfer - 22 year old attacking player who can play as a winger and striker.

André Larsson - Free Transfer - the 26-year-old central midfielder returns to the club after a few seasons with the city rival.

Callum Nicell - Free Transfer - The 22-year-old Irishman with a past at Leeds United will be a first choice in central midfield.

Hugo Moldin - Free Transfer - the 19-year-old right-back has enough skills to be a first choice.

Transfers out
Sebastian Rolandsson to Söderhamns FF - £ 0 - the young 21 year old midfielder takes the step down to division 4 (Tier 6).

Alvin Westin to Säffle SK - £ 0 - The 22-year-old played no games last season, is far from a place on the team.

Ville Ödmark to Morön BK - £ 0 - the 21-year-old right-back played only 4 games last season.

-
Part 4
-
2022 season - First half of the season
-
Results
Resultater.png

April - perfect start to the season with a home win. Undefeated after 5 matches. Solid home win against IFK Lulelå who are favorites for the title this season.

May - the victories continue and we lead the league. We lose the last match in May, but we keep the first place in the league.

June - what was a brilliant start to the season has turned into a pure nightmare in June. From 1st place to 7th place after 1 point in 5 matches. We lose the first home game under my leadership at the end of June. We must work hard to reverse the bad trend. Promotion is still an option but it will be tough.

League Table

Tabell.png

Transfers out
Sami Talsi to TPV Tampere - Loan
Filip Englund to Ytterby IS - Free
Hugo Enfors to Morön BK - Free
Wasy Burhan to Morön BK - Free

-
Part 5
-
2022 season - second half of the season
-
Juli.png

July - after a weak month in June, we win all 5 matches in July and climb back to 1st place in the table. With 8 games left, anything is possible. In July, I win the manager of the month in division 2. In July, the club accepts my request to start coaching education. For the next 4 months I will study to get a National C License. The club covers the course cost of £ 600.

August.png

August - 7 points in 4 games is ok. We are 2 points behind the league leader. 1 point behind playoff spot. With 4 games left of the season, everything is in place for an incredibly exciting end to the season.

Who will the league?
Skjermbilde 2022-04-12 110338.png

September
September 1.png

september 2.png

September 3.png

The table with 1 match left to play
Tabell 1 kmap igjen.png

5 teams can win the league or reach the playoffs with 1 game left. Umeå FC Akademi in 6th place can not get promoted as the first team Umeå FC is in Divison 1 Norra which is the level above Division 2 Norrland.

-
Part 6
-
2022 season - Last game of the season

Build up to the last game

1 kamp.png

Champions
last game.png

Result last game.png

winners.png

League Table
tabell.png

past positions.png

Results this season
Results first half.png

Results second half.png

Stats
stats.png

New sign.png

Thoughts on first trophy

The first title came faster than I had thought, but after last season I got the feeling that this team could have a chance to win the league. Divison 2 Norrland is an incredibly even league, as many as 5 teams had the opportunity to win the league in the last round. The tactics work incredibly well offensively, but defensively there is still a bit to work on. This also has a lot to do with which players are available. The club will have to invest in new players, facilities and young people if the club is to be able to build on the promotion. The club has offered a new 1 year contract. I need time to consider what is right for me.

Attachments

• 1 kamp.png
    1 kamp.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 13
-
Part 7
-
Hansen signs new contract
new contract1.png

After several weeks of assessment, I have chosen to extend my contract by 1 year. Division 1 Norra will be tough for the team, the goal must be to avoid relegation. The players take a holiday after the end of the season and return to the pre-season in January.

National C License
national c license1.png

-
Part 8
-
2023 Pre-season
-
Pre-season
pre season.png

Prediction

prediction.png

Transfer in
Liam Munther - Free transfer - 22 year old central midfielder, good enough to be a first choice.

Gustav Klintberg - Free transfer - 21-year-old offensive midfielder, young player with great potential.

Erik Friman - Free Transfer - 18 year old striker, talent who can quickly become a first choice
Daniel Jamil - Free Transfer - 19 year old central midfielder, great talent.

Mail Lundgren - Free transfer - 21-year-old midfielder who can fight for a place on the team.

Dragos Farcas-Lohan - Free transfer - 24 year old forward, will be a backup.-

Renan Faustini - Free transfer - 22 year old wing that will be a first choice.

William Andersson-Junkka - Free Transfer - 22 year old right back who is a clear first choice.

Raymond Mendy - Free transfer - The 27-year-old from Gambia is best as a midfielder, but can also play in midfield.

Alex Jacobsson - Free Transfer - 22-year-old striker, will probably be a first choice.

Simon Röse - Free transfer - 30 year old experienced goalkeeper, will be a good backup.

Jesper Lernesjö - Free transfer - 27 year old left back who gives us more depth in the position.

Gustav Kadura - Free transfer - The 26-year-old will be the
best midfielder we have.

Transfers out
Victor Åström - £ 0 - to Säffle SK

Alexander Nilsson Ihrén - £ 0 - to IFK Sundsvall

Andreas Roos - £ 0 - to Slätta SK

Sami Talsi - £ 0 - to PPJ

Christoffer Nilsson Ihrén - £ 0 - to IFK Sundvall

Fahad Shariff - £ 0 - to Stenungsunds IF

Very hectic transfer window, many players in and out. Hopefully the squad is good enough to avoid relegation.

Expectations
exp.png

The season is probably going to be tough. 35 points is the goal, it is enough to avoid relegation.

-
Part 9
-
2023 - First half of the season
-
Results
results first half.png

The first half of the season is almost like a dream, we perform at a very high level. Now everything is in our own hands in the battle to avoid relegation.

Table
table.png

National B License started
national b license.png

-
Part 10
-
Part 10 - second half of the season 2023
-
Wanted by many clubs
Umeå FC Akademi job offer declined.png

Skiljebo SK declined.png

Lunds BK declined.png

Friska Viljor FC Job offer declined.png

Several clubs offered me an interview to take over as new manager, but at the moment I want to continue with Frösö IF.

National B License completed
nbc complete.png

National A License started

NAL.png

Results
results second half.png

We are delivering a fantastic season. Only 9 points behind the title. Against all odds, we end up in 5th place in the league.

Manager of the mont august
manager of the month august.png

League Table

final league table.png

Past positions
past positions.png

Stats
stats.png

New stadium
new stadium.png

Youth
youth.png