Cole89

Reaction score
In this save I will be aiming to make Newcastle a force to be reckoned with around Europe

View attachment 284362

1st season aims:
European qualification for next season (league Finish)
Have a good run in the Europa League
Reach a domestic cup final
Keep the spending to a minimum

The Tactics:

View attachment 284363View attachment 284364View attachment 284365

I will most likely be using the 4-1-2-2-1 the most as I've tried many different saves with the 4-2-3-1 and I haven't been able to make it work with any of them.

Key Players:

Tim Krul
Davide Santon
Yohan Cabaye
Hatem Ben Arfa
Demba Ba
Papiss Cisse

Transfers:

In
Wellington Nem £3.5m
Ademilson £5.25m
Martin Montoya (Loan)
Jores Okore £1.3m

Out
Steve Harper £400k
Jonas Gutierrez £11.5m
James Perch £5m
Danny Simpson £3m
Rob Elliot £130k
Sylvain Marveaux £5m

Pre - Season

4-1 Newcastle Reserves
Ben Arfa (2), Ba, Cisse

2-2 Sabadell
Ferguson (2)

1-1 Ponferradina
Vuckic

3-0 Oviedo
Cisse (2), Coloccini

The next update will be the first 2 months

Last edited:
August

View attachment 284377
Play-off

Newcastle 3-0 Omonoia
Wellington Nem (63), Ademilson (71), Coloccini (90)
Omonoia 2-0 Newcastle

View attachment 284380

Newcastle 5-0 Swansea
Coloccini (7), Anita (11), Cisse (18,30), S.Taylor (59)

Man City 1-1 Newcastle
Cisse (27)

After a good solid home win in the 1st leg of the Europa league I decided to rest most of my 1st team
for the return leg in Cyprus in which resulted in an embarrassing defeat. Nevertheless we made it into the group stages where we face Dinamo Bucharest, Sporting and Rubin.

We couldn't have wished for a better start to the league campaign with a 5-0 thumping of Swansea, it was a match in which we completely controlled possession and restricted the opposition to shooting from way out. The Man City game however, it may look a good result by the scoreline but it was another match we controlled from start to finish, and if it wasn't for Edin Dzeko doing what he does best (coming on and scoring in the last couple of minutes), then we would have won much deserved 3 points.

September

View attachment 284377
Group Stage

Dinamo Bucharest 0-1 Newcastle
Vuckic (37)

View attachment 284380

Newcastle 4-0 Liverpool
Tiote (22), Pepe Reina O,G (43), Wellington Nem (71), Carragher O.G (78)

Fulham 0-4 Newcastle
Cisse (23,34,54), Ben Arfa (87)

Arsenal 0-0 Newcastle

Newcastle 2-0 West Brom
Ben Arfa (39), Wellington Nem (56)

View attachment 284381

Crystal Palace 0-3 Newcastle
Ben Arfa (pen 6), Maddison (7), Ademilson (76)

A good start to the Europa league group stages with 1-0 win courtesy of a great 30 yard strike from Vuckic. We perhaps should have won by more considering the standard of our opponents but i did send out a second string side.

September was a great month for our defense in terms of keeping clean sheets. Two own goals helped us to claim all 3 points against
liverpool but in truth it was just like a re-run of the Swansea game, they couldn't keep up with the speed of passing from our team. Next up was Fulham who never really stood a chance against us, as soon as Cisse opened the scoring it was just a matter of how many were we going to score. Arsenal battled non stop for the whole 90 minutes against us and if it wasn't for their keeper it would have been another trouncing, Cabaye missed a penalty in the 86th minute aswell. We ended West Broms perfect start to the season with two well taken goals from our wingers.

As i wasn't drawn against a premiership team i decided to play a few youngsters against
palace and it turned out perfectly with one getting on the score sheet in the process.

I would have posted the league table but as I've actually completed the season i can't really do that now.

Last edited:
October

View attachment 284425
Group Stage

Newcastle 2-0 Sporting
Ben Arfa (19), Wellington Nem (32)

Rubin 1-4 Newcastle
Ba (6,11), Vuckic (60,85)

View attachment 284426

Newcastle 2-2 Reading
Santon (41), Williamson (73)

Stoke 1-0 Newcastle

View attachment 284427
Leeds 0-3 Newcastle
Bigirimana (27), Ranger (55,71)

We continued on with our good start in the Europa League with a solid performance at home to Sporting with another 2 goals from our inform wingers. The result against Rubin was a shock in all honesty, I rested a few 1st team players as we had a tough game against stoke to come up next.

Disappointed with the result against Reading, not as much that we drew but that we conceded after going 7 games without doing so. Aaarrgghh we lost our 1st league game after an early goal from Walters.

Yet another great performance from our 2nd string team against Leeds in the League cup, They never really put up a fight.

August

I would have posted the league table but as I've actually completed the season i can't really do that now.[/B]​

You know you can look over previous seasons in the league table view? Then you can take a screen shot!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

November

View attachment 284568
Group Stage

Newcastle 1-2 Rubin
Vuckic (81)

Newcastle 3-0 Dinamo Bucharest
Ba (6), Cisse (63), Ben Arfa (67)

View attachment 284569

Newcastle 1-1 Norwich
Tiote (29)

Newcastle 2-1 Man Utd
Ben Arfa (50), Coloccini (80)

Everton 1-1 Newcastle
Ben Arfa (39)

Newcastle 3-0 Chelsea
Ba (56,84), Cabaye (pen 64)

Newcastle 3-1 Tottenham
Cisse (10,45), Cabaye (88)

Not too bothered about the result against Rubin as we secured qualification with the win over Bucharest.

November was a great month in terms of results, 3 massive wins against 3 of the top teams in the country. It was great to see Cisse getting back on the score sheets having not scored since the hat-trick against
Fulham.

December

View attachment 284568
Group Stage

Sporting 0-3 Newcastle
Ben Arfa (14), Ademilson (22), Tiote (80)

View attachment 284569

Newcastle 2-1 Southampton
Tiote (74,83)

Aston Villa 3-0 Newcastle

Wigan 0-1 Newcastle
Cisse (31)

Sunderland 0-3 Newcastle
Cisse (26,37), Ben Arfa (88)

West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
Bigirimana (21), Spence (OG 36)

Newcastle 1-3 Q.P.R
Traore (OG 64)

Swansea 0-0 Newcastle

View attachment 284574
Quarter-Final

Cardiff 3-2 Newcastle
R.Taylor (30), Abeid (79)

So after the thumping we gave Sporting we finished top of the group and we have been rewarded with a 1st knock-out round tie with Atletico Madrid. Even if we came 2nd we would've drawn Liverpool so tough game either way.

A long month in the league..... we dropped too many points against silly teams, i suppose the only plus I can take from the league results is the 3-0 away win against our rivals Sunderland.

so we're out of the League cup.....​

January

Transfers
In

Mark Noble £6.75m
Jack Rodwell (Loan)
Daniel Sturridge £8m

Out

Conor Newton (Loan)
Michael Richardson (Loan)
Yven Moyo (Loan)
James Tavernier (Loan)

View attachment 284608

View attachment 284611

Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
Ba

Newcastle 0-2
Man City

Newcastle 2-0
Arsenal
Coloccini, Ameobi

Newcastle 1-0
Fulham
Ben Arfa

West Brom 0-2 Newcastle
Ben Arfa, Ameobi

View attachment 284612
3rd Round

Newcastle 0-0
Tottenham

3rd Round replay

Tottenham 1-0 Newcastle

Not the worst results in the world but I am disappointed with the Liverpool and Man City ones. Liverpool was a game I was expecting to win but our midfield got severely out played by the scousers. I'm glad our form picked up at the end of the month with wins over Arsenal, Fulham and West Brom. Its also worth noting that Ameobi seems impressive after filling in for Cisse and Ba who are on international duty.

Well there goes my aim of reaching a domestic cup final this season. to be honest, it shouldn't have gone to a replay because we were shocking in the 1st game and Spurs really should of hammered us.

After losing Tiote to the African nations we really needed to replace him so i decided to bring in Mark Noble, probably paid too much for him but I'm a big fan of his so....Just after i signed Noble, Man City decided to list Rodwell for loan and it was too good to walk away from him. I signed Sturridge for same reason as Noble really, only to cover for the 2 Senegalese strikers, although if he plays well he could force 1 of them out as im looking to offload 1 of them if not both next season.

February

View attachment 284614
1st Knock-out Round

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Newcastle
Cisse

Newcastle 3-1 Atletico Madrid
Cabaye, Ademilson, Ben Arfa

View attachment 284611

Reading 2-2 Newcastle
Anita, Wellington Nem

Newcastle 0-0 Stoke

Norwich 0-1 Newcastle
Tiote

A superb performance in the 2nd leg against At Madrid, Coloccini did great in keeping Falcao quiet all game. We've been drawn against Marseille with the 1st leg being at home.

A mixed set of results in the league this month. It was good to see Wellington on the score sheet again having not netted since October. On a plus side at least we remained unbeaten this month in all comps.

How's everyone finding the lay-out and all that? Do you still want me to carry on like I'm doing or just post the end of season results? as I've played up to October in the 2nd season.