European super league

SAFC7

Reaction score
ok, so listening to talksport on the radio Ian Wright (legend) and Adrian Durham (numpty) were talking about this new league that MIGHT be formed called the European super league.

the top teams of europe will be entered. the teams from england that will be entered are;

the top 4 (man utd, chelsea, arsenal and liverpool) and NEWCASTLE UNITED (spot the odd one out there). i might be a sunderland fan but why newcastle they havent got a leg to stand on. the manager has nearly snuffed it, the chairman is a total ***, and they might be in the fizzy pop league next season (as much as i want it to happen i doubt it though).

if this league does happen will this be the end of english football if it does happen????

(UEFA have lost the plot)

(just thought id make this thread to get a discussion going, if theres already threads on this soz but ive never seen them, cheers):D:D

Last edited:
This Superleague will never happen. do u really think big teams in Europe will leave their own leagues where they are garunteed big money. If it did happen then the only teams in it will be those from smaller nations in Europe. as for Scotland the only teams with a chance of getting in are Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. Newcastle on the other hand are only on the list because when the teams where decided years ago Newcastle where one of the big teams in europe
In conclusion this league was thought of by AC Milan who havhnt been very successful in Italy in recent years so i'll leave you to do the maths lol

just heard it on talksport thats all just thought id get ppl off here to give there opinions on it

Durham is a ginger **** lol. I heard it aswell. I remember the g14 always moaning about a super league but i cant see it.

it would make a lot more money than national leagues for all the big teams, because the games would be madrid-chelsea arsenal-bayern, and so on every week all europe would watch that league, instead of 7mil watching madrid-barça, it will be 14mil because it will affect other teams and since we know that money mainly comes from TV nowadays, you do the maths it would be brutal money, more than CL and UEFA together, but I still don't see it happenning (every week 2500km to play a game seems a bit too much) think it is just a rumor and if it isn't it would be a disaster for lower sides, and totally unfair to them, like this new CL has been, but worse. On the other side it would be like the NBA nothing could be better than that superleague.

Without having read this I decided about a month ago to set up a super league on the good old fm took me about 3 hours to create mind I put the top 4 from england spain, italy top 2 from france and germany and holland and then Newcastle and Man City! I started with Man Utd but it was soooo hard i pick up a decent point away at Barcelona and then next game would be away at say Bayern, it was so difficult to get the momentum going but very interesting and I was thinking hw many people would tune in to watch it would bee xciting week 1 madrid versus chelsea and arsenal versus juventus etc etc