davegutt0512

Reaction score
Hi There

Back with another attempt at another FM story, recent stories haven't been all that successful for me, I have had some positive feedback about my chosen layout but in all truth i have just done pure awful in each save i had.

So here goes one last attempt, with FM 2015 due in a few months i hope this one will last until then.

The idea for this story is to load up as many European leagues as my PC can handle, rather than starting unemployed (I find this usually results in a slow start to the game) I will use the "Pick a team for me" option and become the manager of the first team that is selected for me.

My aims from here will be to win as many European Trophies as possible with the main aim to win the 3 main continental trophies

1.European Champions Cup
2.Europa League
3.World Club Cup

I hope that this is an idea that readers will enjoy following and please post any feedback at all, after all its not worth writing this story if its not being well received. Thanks

I will soon post what leagues I loaded into the game and the all important random pick....

And my first club is........

So the leagues I have loaded are as follows;

Belgium
Croatia
England
Greece
Holland
Ireland
Portugal
Russia
Scotland
Sweden
Turkey
Wales

I have loaded these leagues to begin with as i didn't want to start this game with an already established team, as i become more established in the game i will remove certain leagues and add others if needs be.

So all that is left to do is let the game "Pick a team for me"

*Drum Roll*

View attachment 373822
​So there we go then, so we actually draw a team that are already in the European cup however we enter at the qualifiers and have little to no chance of getting through that so I don't imagine achieving any goals just yet.

View attachment 373821
Club History

View attachment 373820
Limited Finances

View attachment 373819
First Team

I like the idea mate!
Maybe without bold it would look a lot nicer and nicer to read?

Nice Idea, and good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

August & Transfers

View attachment 373788
So 4 games this month, 2 of which you can see were my 3rd round qualifier. I never expected to proceed past this opening stage and a 4-1 loss against M.Haifa confirmed this. We played OK but just couldn't get a foothold in the match against a team clearly better than us in most departments.
Moving on from this we had 2 good opening wins in the league and I am very pleased with that regardless of us being heavy favourites for both games, looks like we are not going to have any trouble putting the ball in the net, scoring 7 in 2 games in the league.

View attachment 373775
Obviously its early days but theres never a bad time to be top of the tree.

View attachment 373774
This months Player of the month couldn't go to anyone else, but in some solid defensive performances and scoring 3 in 4 games from CB.

View attachment 373771
So heres this seasons transfers so far, nothing major just some youth players leaving for first team experience and some cover players for the first team.

View attachment 373770
Just a quick screen shot of this guy, everyone will remember him, signed on a free, i thought he would be an ideal choice to add some experience to the first team and maybe tutor some youngsters.​

Milan Baros! I recognise him but I can't remember who played for! Good start aswell.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

September/October

September/October

View attachment 373690
Mixed couple of months in the league this time, we started the month falling to a late defeat in a game in which we dominated, we followed this up by winning 2 league games on the bounce against stronger opposition which was pleasing and then a close fought encounter in the cup we managed to come out on top and ended up just scraping through on away goals to a team in the division below us, if a cup run is on the cards then we will need to perform much better in the next round against PAOK. We went on to lose 3 out of the next 4 in the league with the only positive being a very dominant win over Panathinaikos a team i hope to fighting with towards the top of the league come the season end. Overall quite a frustrating time the last 2 months, down to slipping up against teams that we were big favourites to beat.

View attachment 373689
Very close towards the top of the league although looks as though Olympiakios are pulling away from the rest already. to be expected I suppose.

View attachment 373687
Player of the Update goes to this guy this month picking up 1 goal but 5 assists, looks like he is going to be an important player this season, he is actually attracting interest from bigger clubs aswel, hopefully we can keep hold of him.​

November

View attachment 373515
In short a very disappointing month this time only managing to pick up to points, not a lot to say about it really, we were poor and our early season promise seem to be fading already, conceding to many goals, may have to have a look at the tactic were using and see if we can tighten up a bit.

View attachment 373513
Dropping down to 9th is disappointing but after our bad results we can't be too disheartened as the league is still close and we have a game in hand on most of the teams above us.

View attachment 373511
Despite being poor all month this guy was eager to cement a first team place, scoring 4 in 4 games, that being all our goals this month.​

December

View attachment 373495
December didn't start too well losing my first 2 games against opposition i would be expecting to beat, after this we really pushed on into the new year picking up 7 points from the next 4 games, had 2 very dominant wins over weaker opposition and then came very close against champions elect Olympiakios, to then end the month picking up a good draw against the team giving them the closest run for the title.

View attachment 373492
As you can see things are really tight at the top, we have definitely lost ground on the top 2 but still looking good to hopefully achieve expectations of continental qualification.

View attachment 373491
After coming back from injury Veteran right winger Valdo was the catalyst for a good end to the month​

January

View attachment 373000
Another difficult month and the pressure form the board is building now aswel. Started off the month with a positive win away from home, we were actually winning 3-0 going into the 85th minute in the second game of the month only to draw 3-3, very annoying against a team in a similar position to us. after not being able to overturn a 2-0 loss at home in the cup we managed to throw away another lead to a late flurry of goals losing 3-2 from an early 2-0 lead.
We can be happy with the last result of the month playing well in a draw with the team sitting second in the league.

View attachment 372999

Kept a similar position in the league again, very tight league all the way down to the bottom, just 1 result could change alot.

There really isn't a player this month that i could single out to have played that well.

View attachment 372998
Brought this young kid in on loan from liverpool who looks like a very good prospect, he will replace Milan Baros as his contract came to mutual termination, he was very poor and after dropping him he wasn't happy.​

Right.......Shortly after I posted the update yesterday ....I was sacked!
I feel it may have been a bit harsh being only 3 points from European spots but that's the way things go.

Now I was enjoying playing and writing this story and I would really appreciate any help with what direction to go in next.....

My ideas are...
1. 1860 Munich - rise above bayern.
2. Stade de Reims - they won league 6 times in 50's and got to 2 champs league finals
3.Coventry city - -10 points & I support them

or any of your suggestions would be really appreciated as I'm stuck for ideas!

and hopefully I can start a new story this evening if I get some votes or ideas today
Thanks​

I'd go with Coventry mate, I'm local to them (about 12 miles) and support Birmingham. Coventry would be a difficult job due to the -10 so be a good challenge & read

So then A story then with my supported team Coventry City FC it will be then.

It's disappointing and unfortunate about this save as I was enjoying it but I think coventry city will make a good story for me as I am a passionate fan and will be able to get really stuck in to it.

I hope anyone who was interested in this save will follow me over to the new one....

So later tonight I will post a new thread........

Sky Blue Army - Back to the top

Thanks