Ever been gutted for a player?

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
For the the first time since playing FM/CM I've genuinly felt sorry for a player, the player being Rafael van der Vaart.

I had a bit of an injury crisis in December and needed an AMC, as always VDV was listed and I picked him up for £6.75m. Thinking I had got a good player along with a good deal I boasted about the player to a few friends over a game of FIFA on XBL. I was soon told that VDV doesn't perform as well on FM10 as he did on 09 and I felt dissapointed I'd wasted the last of my transfer kitty on him.

However he soon proved SteveO wrong as he had a great half season and scored the goal that clinched the league title for me with Spurs. In 16 apps he scored 8 goals, assisted 12 and finished with an average league rating of 7.65. He then picked up a knock in training (his only injury) and missed the FA cup final.

If that wasn't bad enough for him, he was called up to Netherlands pre world cup squad, never got a game and was dropped, missing the world cup. Poor lad. :'(

Ever been gutted for a player yourself, or am I getting too involved in FM for once?

In my game i had David Goodwillie who hadn't scored for aaaaaaages and got dropped from Scotcland and my first team. Due to an injury to Milevskiy i called him back up and he got off to a flyer. He got called back up to the international squad and then...got injured for 7 months lol.

Nope, but I can see where people's emotions can run high in the rollercoaster that is FM.

You must be a pretty good manager to win the league in the first season with Spurs.

I am almost winning the league in my first season with Sunderland o.o... have about 20 points more than chelsea. 25 wins 4 draws o.o

I am almost winning the league in my first season with Sunderland o.o... have about 20 points more than chelsea. 25 wins 4 draws o.o

I won the league with Middlesbrough in my first season on FM09. Tuncay thought that he was Cristiano Ronaldo or something and couldn't stop getting goals from me. Good times. Went into the second season and couldn't follow it up. Ended up 5th after blowing alot of cash some big signings. Bad times. 8-|

I won the league with Middlesbrough in my first season on FM09. Tuncay thought that he was Cristiano Ronaldo or something and couldn't stop getting goals from me. Good times. Went into the second season and couldn't follow it up. Ended up 5th after blowing alot of cash some big signings. Bad times. 8-|

What does this have to do with the topic?

I feel sorry for Nicolas Frutos(Anderlecht). Search for him, he has some god-like striker stats, but picks up injuries everytime he plays. Take away the injury-proneness, you got yourself a 20+ goal a season forward. :'( Singed him once for Newcastle in Championship, cost less than 1m. Started with 7 games 7 goals, 8th game, he scores, second half, torn hamstring, out for 8 months:(

He said he won the prem with tottenham, I said I won the prem with Sunderland, just because I didn't talk about the player it doesn't mean its off topic, but whatever you say.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Oh, funny, I just searched that player, and he got so many injuries that he retired at the age of 29 and is now a first team coach. LOL

I feel sorry for Nicolas Frutos(Anderlecht). Search for him, he has some god-like striker stats, but picks up injuries everytime he plays. Take away the injury-proneness, you got yourself a 20+ goal a season forward. :'( Singed him once for Newcastle in Championship, cost less than 1m. Started with 7 games 7 goals, 8th game, he scores, second half, torn hamstring, out for 8 months:(

He said he won the prem with tottenham, I said I won the prem with Sunderland, just because I didn't talk about the player it doesn't mean its off topic, but whatever you say.

Um..... yes it does. Did you read the OP?

This is a thread about whether you have felt sorry for a player, ie he had a great season but then got dropped by his country, or got a bad injury etc. You two have just mentioned how your season went, so kindly stop spamming the thread up unless you wish to make an on topic point.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Oh, funny, I just searched that player, and he got so many injuries that he retired at the age of 29 and is now a first team coach. LOL
he was mainly talking about the player. you just went of topic.

felt sorry for nani, sold him at the start of the gam because i wanted jovetic. but he ended up doing so badly at inter i took him back on loan.

While playing my Los Rios game, I had a player called Aldrey, he was amazing in my 1st two seasons, getting loads of assists from midfield and getting the odd goal, finishing both seasons with a AVG rating of over 8. After two promotions, I was in a league where you can't used none EU players, unfortunatly for Aldrey, he is brazilian.

The thing is, after 2 years of being in a team in spain, you gain spanish nationality, so I checked Aldreys information when it 1st asked me to register my squad, it said he was waiting for his paper work so I couldn't register him, but I still had another month till I have to register my final squad, so I thought, 'ok he will have the paperwork by then.' Unfortunatly for him, it didn't and he wasn't able to be registered.

Two days after submitting my final team, he got his paper work through. :(

So he had to sit doing nothing till Jan when I could finally register him!

Poor lad! lol

I hate the way FM has done international call-ups. If you are a low side in the Premiership and you sign an international player, their country usually drops them, despite their form, the selection is based purely on who you play for, it's bullshit. I hope they sort it out for the next game.