Ever Really Regretted Selling a Player?

Max

Reaction score
Hello. :)

So, how many of you have been seriously gutted that you sold a player and they've gone on to be amazing, or you've just missed them in you're team and you can't win a game without them?

Or have you just regretted it because you don't think you got enough money for them?

I sold Jimmy Briand to Middlesbrough the other day for £4m, and he then scored 2 against me next time I played them. :'(

So, have you ever really regretted selling a player?

i dont think ive ever regretted selling a player, i never rush tranfsers anyway so im always 99% sure when i sell a player

Yes. In one of the Time Machine's in 2070, Man City were selling a player for £0 to Lyon. I didn't know anything until about 3 years later when he was one of the best players, so checked on FMRTE and his PA was 199 XD

I always sell robbie keane when i got spurs. but at the end of the season, like to look at players stats i let go.

looked at keanes playing for villa.

Prem stats, where played 30 scored 33 goals. i was not happy.

ive definielt regretted signing a player though, wesley sonck, think it was fm07, or maybe fm08. 17 million didnt score a single goal for united in 28 games. sold him for just 5.75 million in the summer. epic fail

Somewhat...

I sold Martin Olsson from Blackburn for 15M pounds, and was unable to replace him for 6 months, my LB spot was an eyesore for the first half of the season, and cost me points...I ended up splashing out almost the same sum for a lessor player.

Somewhat...

I sold Martin Olsson from Blackburn for 15M pounds, and was unable to replace him for 6 months, my LB spot was an eyesore for the first half of the season, and cost me points...I ended up splashing out almost the same sum for a lessor player.
Exactly the same as me mate. I took over Blackburn in October in the 2nd season and it seemed Olsson had already been sold for £7m by the previous manager which I was gutted about, and I haven't really been able to replace him since and I've been playing Gael Givet there.

I'm currently 3rd in the league after 12 games so I'm hoping I can stay there, get some good cash and buy him back next season.

i released charlie sheringham due to his insane wages of £425 p/w - then for a while i didn't have someone who could scored the goals he did.

also letting ryan shawcross go on loan (on a different game obviously)

I went Rangers and cleared out the whole team pretty much and struggled to sign players. Kenny Miller being the 1st to go, £2million to Blackburn.
When I checked his stats at Xmas, 15 goals and 12 assists in 17 games. Gutted. I had Kris Boyd Injured, Lafferty unable to hit a cows *** with a banjo and On-Loan Helder Postiga sitting at a poor 5 goals from 16 games. :S

West Ham save. Sold Carlton Cole at the start of my 4th season. He was doing great but Man City offered 20M. He netted something like 28 goals in the league that year.

Ouch, unlucky there Deano. Just sold Aaron Doran in my 3rd season at Blackburn to Reading for £5.75m, hope it doesn't backfire. :S

I always regret selling Scots when I'm Celtic, e.g. Shaun Maloney, Caldwell, McManus, Caddis etc etc, but I need to. Caddis and Maloney are usually the last to go, mind.

this thread should be

Ever Really Regretted Selling/buying a Player?

as ive made a few that are dissapointing lol

Well as Napoli I regretted selling Christian Maggio. I didn't realise i didn't have another left winger, and was left playing with a **** youth until January. Then, as I couldn't sign a better replacement, I was left with this **** youth for an entire season. Then, last day of the season where I had to win against Sampdoria to secure Champions League football for next year, this **** youth gives away a penalty in the dying moments,when we are winning 1-0. Then, of all people, Christian Maggio steps up and scores the penalty. I also broke my spacebar in a fit of rage:'(

I had Otamendi and Roger Johnson as my first team players in Birmingham and Scott Dann as their substitute. Otamendi haven't been performing well but Scott Dann didn't impress either whenever he plays, although I didn't really gave him enough time. At the end of the second season I sold him for 5m to Sampdoria. In the next season Otamendi had been a disaster and I had to splash out the cash to bring in Danny Wilson. I took a look at Scott Dann at the end of the season and he was valued at 9m with an average rating 7.56 after playing every single game for them. Totally hated myself for not giving him a chance.

Sold alexis sanchez to man utd for £29m and bought alex texeira for £13m, he provided goals but didn't score them in the quantity sanchez did

Selling Yannick Djalo.

I just shouldn't have. :'(

I started a Inter Milan save, and I was in the 2nd season and decided to sell Eto'o and I thought it was a good deal, as I got £40 Million for him, Barcelona bought him back XD

Anyway.. I got to the Champions League Final, and was 3-0 up, Eto'o came on and got 4 goal's in 10 minutes.

I was gutted.

I'm manchester city, i sold martin petrov to sunderland for 4.5m. when we faced sunderland he scored two, but still they've losted 4-2 :D

Well if you consider, joining Liverpool, seeing Jonathan DeGuzman and thinking **** me what is he here for and selling him To Real for 32.5m and then go onto the Champoins league Final and him scoring in the 127th minute to see them victorious regretful[?], then yes i have:'(