Ever Really Regretted Selling a Player?

Last year (irl) i bought ibrahimovic for 40mil + Eto
Turns out ibra is **** and inter put me out of the champo - signed pep guardiola

personally when i sell a player who scorse against me i regret it even if the goal didnt even matter :S

I havent. I wont sell the players who are in my plans. One player was Owen who was surplus, so sold to Fulham. Everytime he scored against me including last min Equaliser. But then he never score more than 7-8 goals. So its not a regret but he was motivated to play against me.

I dont sell players to teams in my league, or teams in any of my competitions, unless I know they can't compete with me

It wasn't so much of a regret. But I had Ibisevic with Hoffenheim, he wasn't performing at all, so united bid 15mil and I sold. This is in January 2nd season, I look at the end of the season and he had scored 15 in 10. Including an FA Cup final winner and scoring the winner to secure the premiership for them ¬¬

Leonel Figueroa

9leonelfigueroa.png

He was one of my favourite players at the club. I sold him in in the 2017-2018 season for £5million because I thought he wasn't exactly developed or first team worthy for my squad and I wanted to save his career so that he didn't sit on the bench his whole career.

A few seasons later and he turned into this beast... I regret selling him alot.

Pau Chun Ho

6pauchunho.png

I sold him when he was about 22 to Man United for £8.5million, decent money for someone who wasn't developed at my club but now he's turned into this quality player and has returned United into a good club again after they were crashing down. To make it even worse my scouts now highly recommend him to me which is a real huge pain in the ***.

Mohammed Traore

7mohammedtraor.png

Sold at the age of about 21 because he was undeveloped for £10million. As you can see though he has turned into a sensational midfielder... He's a natural CM and CAM which is annoying as I kind of need a quality CAM and he would fit the job perfectly...

And the worst sale I've ever made....

Rene Hasselbaink

9renhasselbaink2.png

When he was at the club he wasn't exactly my number 1, 2, 3 or 4th choice striker even with quality attributes... Man City (Who I've made into my fierce rivals in game due to constant battles on the pitch over many seasons) had been taking huge interest in Rene for a long time and then about 2 or 3 seasons back they finally made a bid of £43million for him. Now I didn't exactly need the money at all but seeing as the bid was so high I just couldn't refuse to reject it. Now a few seasons later I've realised the huge mistake I made... I gave my rivals a godly striker who has pretty much all the attributes you want and not only that but he has gained these awards while at Man City: World Player Of The Year, English Footballer Of the year x2, EPL top scorer, World Footballer Of the year, European Striker of the year, European Golden Boot and European Footballer of the year.... Along with a load of player of the month awards. He also scored the goal that lost me a title...

Robin Ricksen

10robinricksen.png

10robinricksen2.png

Sold him because he wasn't reaching any potential under me and went onto become a quality player and his sum has shot up since leaving....

Speakie
wow thats madness!
going off topic slightly where did you get them players from :O

Back on topic
I sold Vagner Love (Think it was on FM09).. I was offered the job at Man City and did a total overhaul of my squad, I sold him for £30mill to R Madrid.(thought that was a great piece of business) .. he then bagged 50 goals in his first season, and his value rose to £45mill .. was soul destroying :(

(message from jake, dont quote such a huge post again please :D)
[Sorry Jake, was just a habit :)]

Last edited:
Speakie
wow thats madness!
going off topic slightly where did you get them players from :O

Back on topic
I sold Vagner Love (Think it was on FM09).. I was offered the job at Man City and did a total overhaul of my squad, I sold him for £30mill to R Madrid.(thought that was a great piece of business) .. he then bagged 50 goals in his first season, and his value rose to £45mill .. was soul destroying :(

(message from jake, dont quote such a huge post again please :D)
[Sorry Jake, was just a habit :)]

Well to be honest a few I used genie scout to find.

A few though were genuinely found by me though.

It's disgraceful how good they have become though for the pesky little fees I sold them for

Yes i feel this big time,
I was playing as catania and the first season i signed well and got 6th, second season i signed dodo, he played every minute of every game and his value shot up to 12m, man utd bought him for 16m, i couldnt say no, the whole season i was playing with a second string left back, it got me knocked out of the champions league