morimech

Reaction score
Finished 2nd in my first season but my house rules state that I have to get rid of my foreign players. I can only sign UK & Irish, or players from CONCACAF nations to keep the save challenging. So those leaving:
Lukaku
Kone
Penaar
Mirallas
Besic
Robles

So now I need to sign:
#1 ST
#2 ST
#1 AML
#2 AML & #2 AMR hopefully only one player to fill both positions
#2 or #3 CM will get rid of Osman as well
#2 GK that will eventually take over #1 in a season or two.

That is a lot of positions to fill in one transfer window. Only signing I have made is Joe Flanagan to cover RB and LB. Hoping I can get Javier Hernandez and Justin Wilson for cheap as my STs. I liked Julian Green as an AML in FM14, but Bayern do not want to sell him. Any inexpensive players that meet my house rule criteria that you would recommend signing. Before anyone asks, only 45% of profits from sold players is available for transfers. So no huge transfer kitty is going to be available.

Finished 2nd in my first season but my house rules state that I have to get rid of my foreign players. I can only sign UK & Irish, or players from CONCACAF nations to keep the save challenging. So those leaving:
Lukaku
Kone
Penaar
Mirallas
Besic
Robles

So now I need to sign:
#1 ST
#2 ST
#1 AML
#2 AML & #2 AMR hopefully only one player to fill both positions
#2 or #3 CM will get rid of Osman as well
#2 GK that will eventually take over #1 in a season or two.

That is a lot of positions to fill in one transfer window. Only signing I have made is Joe Flanagan to cover RB and LB. Hoping I can get Javier Hernandez and Justin Wilson for cheap as my STs. I liked Julian Green as an AML in FM14, but Bayern do not want to sell him. Any inexpensive players that meet my house rule criteria that you would recommend signing. Before anyone asks, only 45% of profits from sold players is available for transfers. So no huge transfer kitty is going to be available.
This is actually a really nice information
o.png

take a look at Lewis Baker from Chelsea- amazing as CM, and he can be trained as an AML, and has immense potential if you ask me.. Aaron Kuhl turns out amazing as well.
for GK if you want someone young to take over in 2-3 years, look at Cleiton from Atletico Mineiro- he's 18 so you can look to relax the condition for him.. Ben Amos for back up.. else Alex Smithies...
Erick Torres, Carlos Fierro, James Wilson, Charlie Austin for ST.. Torres would be my pick of the lot..
if you want a CD, look at John Souttar to Kristian Alvarez..

AML/AMR: Josh Murphy, Joshua King, the one from Wigan.. Giovanni dos Santos, Suso from AC Milan can be picked cheaply(he's HG)..

Thanks for the suggestions. All that I have sold so far is Lukaku to Arsenal for $74 mil. Agreed to an offer for Besic but then he breaks his collarbone the next day so doubt that will come through. No offers yet on the others. Coming in I got Jon Flanagan and Patrick McNair on transfers. Also got Erick Torres but having work permit issues so may have to send him out on loan if the appeal fails. Got Aaron Lennon back on loan. It was easy to come to terms with Man Utd for Javier Hernandez but his wage demands were beyond what I could consider so I passed. Man Utd will not sell James Wilson to me. Jay Rodriguez is a tantalizing target. Is he worth the risk?

going players...

GK: Ben Garratt

DM: Erick Gutierrez. Gus Poyet

CM: Josh Vela, Will Hughes

AML/AMR: Redmond, Josh Murphy

ST: Woodrow, Zach Clough, Berahino, Harry Kane

if you can relax your criteria for players who are U18 when they join you, so that in 3 years they can be HG at your club, look no further than Gabriel Barbosa for ST! he is insane... he'll be 18 end of 1st season, and in 3 years would be HG at your club.

Erick Torres is a very good player, just like Carlos Fierro but a week bit less in potential I believe.
John Souttar is a very good CB given time and development...
Lewis Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek turn out to be decent. Baker specifically can become immense. I'll upload a screenshot later..
Aaron Kuhl is a very good addition for any team, and might be available cheaply.
if you want a perfect winger/attacking player, sign up Patrick Roberts(if you are on the latest update he's probably at Man City and won't be possible to sign)!
Chalobah, Boga, Bertrand Traore and a few other Chelsea reserves have huge potential, so if any of them be available, pick them up. Lucas Piazon?
Same for a few City youngsters...

James Wilson can become a top player, so if he's available cheaply, pick him up! Try loaning him in first, then see...

Jay Rodriguez has an injury record, and Charlie Austin or Berahino would be better options...

Everyone else has given great suggestions but I recommend Jordan Rhodes for #1 striker. A good (defensive CM) would be Jorge Enriquez of Chivas.

ST - Fierro/Kane/Wilson
AML/AMR - Grealish - Highly recommend. Also look at Lozano
CMs - Will Hughes/Ward-Prowse

I sure hope you are right about Jordan Rhodes as I signed him for $14 million. Also signed Jonathon Henly on a free and got Julian Green from Bayern on loan. Sold Besic to Newcastle for $13 million and Kone to Villareal for $3 million. Have enough funds to sign another player but not for more than $15 million. Man Utd. refuses me James Wilson no matter what. Made an offer for Nathaniel Chalobah for loan but he has not made a decision on his club choice. Still need to move Pienaar, Mirallas, and Robles.
Fierro is not interested in joining at this time and I cannot risk signing another player that won't get a work permit

Jordan Rhodes is coming up big. After a couple preseason matches I was thinking his signing was a huge mistake, but after 3 PL matches, he has scored 3 and has 1 assist. Chalobah decided to come to Everton and has looked good as a sub. Finally sold Mirallas on deadline day, for not as much as I wanted. Did have my transfer offer for Berahino and contract accepted, but the board cancelled the transfer for lack of funds. Julian Green is also a huge loan signing. I highly rate this American. I have to make his move to Everton permanent. Peinaar is hurt and did not get any offers for him or Robles.

Not everything is good though. Got destroyed by Man City 1-5. Four of those goals were long shots. Everything was going in.

Year 2 January transfer window, I have signed Joe Gomez, Magnus Norman, and Will Hughes (loaned back to Derby for the remainder of the season). None that can immediately help the team but more for the future. I have Osman and Hibbert retiring at the end of the season, and will not offer Gibson a new contract. I was going to give Naismith a new contract but he is upset about the sale of Mirallas and will not negotiate. Agreed to the sale of Robles to Southampton but he refused their contract.

Jordan Rhodes is tied for 1st in league goals with 16 in the first half of the season. Erick Torres finally got his work permit and has scored a few coming in as a sub.

Start of 3rd season and I got my squad according to my house rules. (Only UK, Irish, or with a CONCACAF nationality). And the business I have done so far.

The decision to let Gibson leave on a free was a difficult decision but he just never really fit into my tactics. I could of kept Oviedo but he was a whiney ***** so this was an easier decision. Could not get rid of Robles and still had a year on his contract. He was content to sit in the reserves so I ended up just buying out his contract. All of these decisions will bite me in the *** no doubt.

After the screenshots were taken I was able to get Carlos Fierro on transfer. But this **** game. He got himself injured while on international duty and is out 3 months. The ink on his contract was not even dry yet.

I finally won the EPL but a bit later than I would of liked. This is the squad that did it sticking with my house rules.

Still have the Champions League final to come. Some player stats. Joe Gomez seems to be a bit of a cheat (look at the lower right of the SS). Playing him as a ball playing defender stopper and as cover at FB. Barkley was my best player but wanted to sit on the bench and collect a paycheck. And in short order tore a hamstring and never really got in their 1st team (He tore 3 hamstrings in 2 years for me) The Stones January transfer to Chelsea I thought would for sure sink me but McNair stepped upped with Gomez by his side.

Last edited: