Reaction score
I'm currently playing as Everton and after finishing 6th last season and getting into Europe, made some changes to the squad. Firstly selling two players (Lukaku and McCarthy) whom the fans didn't appreciate me selling.

However my actions were proved to be good as i'm currently sat in 1st after 28 games and winning the Capital One Cup.

Anyway, i'm just curious as to how I could improve this squad so as to challenge in the UCL.
Obviously with it still being 28 games into the season, I dont have an initial budget but if this season is anything to go by I imagine it to be around £35m-£40m

I'm currently playing as Everton and after finishing 6th last season and getting into Europe, made some changes to the squad. Firstly selling two players (Lukaku and McCarthy) whom the fans didn't appreciate me selling.

However my actions were proved to be good as i'm currently sat in 1st after 28 games and winning the Capital One Cup.

Anyway, i'm just curious as to how I could improve this squad so as to challenge in the UCL.
Obviously with it still being 28 games into the season, I dont have an initial budget but if this season is anything to go by I imagine it to be around £35m-£40m
slightly off topic to open with your tactic is very similar in part's to the one i am using i had to blink twice at your setup there.

Seems like a good setup to me that could challenge. If i am being picky here maybe change the left back to someone like Jorge if you can get him. Possibly changing one of your CM's to a have a defend duty i always like 1 Center midfielder to have a defensive role not in a support role and lastly i would probably go all out balls deep on a striker. Spend money the absolute best you can. While Zaza is no doubt a good striker, to penetrate the best of defense i would go all out on a front man.

Here is my formation at the moment.

I am in a similar situation myself, pushing for that Champion's League next season first season went quite well getting to Quarter's but we can do better if we can avoid injuries and such.

Thank you for your reply and I do agree a left back is definitely needed, as although Garbutt got an average of over 8 in the last few games of the season and over 8 in the first game of this season, I do feel he is more of a backup full back atm. Jorge isnt in my game as I mustn't have the correct leagues loaded but I have had an offer accepted for Joao Cancelo who is a RB by trade but I feel he can make a change to the other side and contribute highly and will also provide cover should Coleman get injured.

So after winning the league on the final day as Chelsea lost to Man Utd, I have been trusted with 46m (58m after the sale of Mr Red Card himself, Sokratis)

I have made bids for Xhaka (4m - Chelsea) and Kevin Trapp (5m - PSG) who were both transfer listed so should have 24m for a striker, providing the Cancelo offer is accepted.

Any ideas on a striker? I've put in a cheeky but for Zivkovic but I dont think it will be accepted.

Thank you for your reply and I do agree a left back is definitely needed, as although Garbutt got an average of over 8 in the last few games of the season and over 8 in the first game of this season, I do feel he is more of a backup full back atm. Jorge isnt in my game as I mustn't have the correct leagues loaded but I have had an offer accepted for Joao Cancelo who is a RB by trade but I feel he can make a change to the other side and contribute highly and will also provide cover should Coleman get injured.

So after winning the league on the final day as Chelsea lost to Man Utd, I have been trusted with 46m (58m after the sale of Mr Red Card himself, Sokratis)

I have made bids for Xhaka (4m - Chelsea) and Kevin Trapp (5m - PSG) who were both transfer listed so should have 24m for a striker, providing the Cancelo offer is accepted.

Any ideas on a striker? I've put in a cheeky but for Zivkovic but I dont think it will be accepted.
If you are gonna play a Complete Striker i would go with either Barardi or Barbosa both can score heavy in that role. Not sure on how much they will cost now but you can pick up Barbosa pretty cheap early on.

Yeah they've both gone to Arsenal and PSG and they want 70m+ for them. I have no chance at any of them two. I had a look at Barbosa after your screenshot