LBond1

Reaction score
I have just won the league and europa league in my 4th season. I now have a transfer budget of £30m. I need signing suggestions as i really want to strengthen the squad to give myself a chance of winning the league again and challenging in CL.

View attachment 340189

Podolski scored 30 goals in all comps and Doumbia scored 29, plus i have 2 very promising regen strikers i want to bring into the team, so i think i'm okay for strikers. My midfield and defence are also pretty solid but i want to buy some young players that are going to develop a lot but that i can rotate in the first team.

Any suggestions? (doesn't have to just be young players as that may be difficult since i'm 5 seasons in)

Last edited:
Ole Selnaes, ryan gauld. lucas anderson, anthony knockart, ruben rochina, D.Praet

I have just won the league and europa league in my 4th season.

My midfield and defence are also pretty solid but i want to buy some young players that are going to develop a lot but that i can rotate in the first team.

Any suggestions? (doesn't have to just be young players as that may be difficult since i'm 5 seasons in)

1. ) Well since you are facing your 5th season, the answer is newgens

2.) Here, it would depend on what kind of players you can get. If looking for solid players that can put in an effort, I would use the filter and serach for players with the following

- Decision ( must be over 13)
- Work rate, Determination, Team Work: 2 of 3 over 15

After this, you will have players that are more likely to perform and not get upset in a rotationsystem.

1. ) Well since you are facing your 5th season, the answer is newgens

2.) Here, it would depend on what kind of players you can get. If looking for solid players that can put in an effort, I would use the filter and serach for players with the following

- Decision ( must be over 13)
- Work rate, Determination, Team Work: 2 of 3 over 15

After this, you will have players that are more likely to perform and not get upset in a rotationsystem.

Thanks for the advice, any idea what i should filter if i'm looking for creative 'flair' type players?

Thanks for the advice, any idea what i should filter if i'm looking for creative 'flair' type players?

Lets look at Flair. The stat in it self has nothing to do with quality as its a tendency rather than a quality. If you have a player with high FLAIR, it basiclly means that he will try to do the unexpected and play his own game. This means that if the team is to benefit from it, he has to know when to do it ( decision). What he actually does will be down to his creativity ( how many options he actually sees), his Technique ( what he CAN do) and then, his accuracy ( passing, long shots, dribbling etc)

This means that a player with really good stats in all areas apart from FLAIR need tro be encouraged to do it ( Cretive freedom)l whilst a player with high FLAIR but with with poor stats in the others should be told to stick to the match plan ( low, low creative freedom)

With his said, you need to find someone that can actyally make something of their FLAIR, otherwise its wasted.

Lets look at Flair. The stat in it self has nothing to do with quality as its a tendency rather than a quality. If you have a player with high FLAIR, it basiclly means that he will try to do the unexpected and play his own game. This means that if the team is to benefit from it, he has to know when to do it ( decision). What he actually does will be down to his creativity ( how many options he actually sees), his Technique ( what he CAN do) and then, his accuracy ( passing, long shots, dribbling etc)

This means that a player with really good stats in all areas apart from FLAIR need tro be encouraged to do it ( Cretive freedom)l whilst a player with high FLAIR but with with poor stats in the others should be told to stick to the match plan ( low, low creative freedom)

With his said, you need to find someone that can actyally make something of their FLAIR, otherwise its wasted.

Thanks for that! I've literally learnt so much from this! Hopefully i can pick up some nice little newgens now i know what im looking for

Just one more thing ( or 2)

- Regarding flair, also include the fact that whilst a player ( I am mostly refering to AMC/R/L´s) that you think is under your standard in terms of stats in Decision and Accuracy, but having a FLAIR of 20, he can still be superb when up against defenders lacking in ANTICIPATION. Here, he will beat/surprise his man and create really good chances.

- If the screenshot above is your actuall tactic and you should struggle in the coming season, just use this thread for further advice. You might do great but I have a feeling ( just a feeling) that you might be in for a tough time, not being able to met your expectations using that approach

This is the tactic I've been using since i started the save though, I would try changing it but I've been buying players to fit into the formation, i have 4/5 strikers so if i was to change to something with one upfront for example i would have to rotate that position more than i'd like to. I'll try using this tactic again but if its not going well i'll have to consider changing it.

This is the tactic I've been using since i started the save though, I would try changing it but I've been buying players to fit into the formation, i have 4/5 strikers so if i was to change to something with one upfront for example i would have to rotate that position more than i'd like to. I'll try using this tactic again but if its not going well i'll have to consider changing it.

My point here is that when a team has won the league ( like you have), your opponents will start playing more cautious against you. Here, an Overloading FORMATION might not do the trick

My point here is that when a team has won the league ( like you have), your opponents will start playing more cautious against you. Here, an Overloading FORMATION might not do the trick

Oh right i see, what do you suggest i do?

Oh right i see, what do you suggest i do?

Nothing at this point :D As you are using a downloaded tactic that has served you well, then you should stick with it...
...but.. IF you should struggle and get frustrated, just give me/us a shout

Nothing at this point :D As you are using a downloaded tactic that has served you well, then you should stick with it...
...but.. IF you should struggle and get frustrated, just give me/us a shout

Thanks for all your help, i really appreciate it since this is the first football manager I've ever owned, so i'm not exactly an expert!