Bullardinho

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just entered pre-season of my 3rd year with Everton and I feel I have reached a make or break point. These are my seasonal results so far:

1st Season: Budget £2.4mil
League - 4th
FA Cup - 4th round
Capital One Cup - 4th round

2nd Season: Budget £7mil
League - 6th
Champions League - Final - lost 5-1 to Man Utd (Had a pretty easy run until a 4-3 agg win against Barca in the Semis.. I know.. I dont know how either!!)
FA Cup - 3rd Round
Capital One Cup - 6th round

Squad to date:

GK: Howard (looking to replace and back up Ospina just isnt good enough)
RB: Coleman (possible weak leak all though had a fantastic 2nd season)
CB: Jagielka (Cptn) (need a good english youngster for cover and future replacement)
CB: Mazuch/ Savic
LB: Baines
RW: Miralles (need cover, possibly buying a better option and have him as rotation)
CM: Hiljemark/ Pienaar (needs replacing)
CM: Fellaini/ Goretzka
CM: Barkley/ Osman (contract due to run out and needs replacing)
LW: Nem/Ljajic
ST: Jelavic/Hoarau (signed on a free, 1yr deal, will be releasing and need a replacement. I do have Mason Bennett coming back from a fantastic season with Boro on loan)

I have £30mil as a transfer budget this season thanks to our Amazing CL run but I dont want to spend all of this as we are still in alot of debt, we only have Europa league football this year and I want to keep the books under control.

Any ideas for signings? Any changes people recommend? What would you do to make sure you become a consistent top 4 and get back to CL?

Any suggestions would be great and thanks for reading!

I have Wellington nem, ter stegen and xhaka. Who are all tipped on other posts on here. They are reasonably priced if you get them early enough.

Wellington Nem and ter Stegen are great choices, especially if you can get them in your first season. Marco Verratti from PSG is awesome, it's possible to get him with a relatively low initial fee and a lot more after 50 league appearances, but in your case, I'd be looking at as many Regens as possible, trying to consolidate for the season to come and giving them as much game time as possible (without losing), and in season 4, watch them start to mature.

also playing Everton
1. season
sold Fellaini, Baines, Howard, Anichebe, Osman, Heitinga, Hibbert. TOTAL 97mio£
BUY Astori, Willian, Yttergård, Kweuke, John Ruddy (WorldClass Goalkeeper), Strandberg, Belhanda, C.Benitez TOTAL 84mio
Playing Modern Warfare.
1st Season:
League - 8th
FA Cup - Semi final lost to Man City
Capital One Cup - Final Lost to Tottenham

2.season starting lineup
J.Ruddy
P.Jagielka,S.Strandberg,D.Astori,S.Bocchetti
Y.Belhanda,D.Gibson,M.Bolatti,Willian
N.Jelavic,C.Benitez

Best Players Strandberg, Belhanda,Benitez

Last edited:
Start scouting for regens and sort after maximum fee. Build for the future.

Ospina is class but look at Mattia Perin, Mattia Destra will score you alot of goals! erm thomas drage for future, boyata for cb cheap and is a rock at the back!!

Hi All,

I have just entered pre-season of my 3rd year with Everton and I feel I have reached a make or break point. These are my seasonal results so far:

1st Season: Budget £2.4mil
League - 4th
FA Cup - 4th round
Capital One Cup - 4th round

2nd Season: Budget £7mil
League - 6th
Champions League - Final - lost 5-1 to Man Utd (Had a pretty easy run until a 4-3 agg win against Barca in the Semis.. I know.. I dont know how either!!)
FA Cup - 3rd Round
Capital One Cup - 6th round

Squad to date:

GK: Howard (looking to replace and back up Ospina just isnt good enough)
RB: Coleman (possible weak leak all though had a fantastic 2nd season)
CB: Jagielka (Cptn) (need a good english youngster for cover and future replacement)
CB: Mazuch/ Savic
LB: Baines
RW: Miralles (need cover, possibly buying a better option and have him as rotation)
CM: Hiljemark/ Pienaar (needs replacing)
CM: Fellaini/ Goretzka
CM: Barkley/ Osman (contract due to run out and needs replacing)
LW: Nem/Ljajic
ST: Jelavic/Hoarau (signed on a free, 1yr deal, will be releasing and need a replacement. I do have Mason Bennett coming back from a fantastic season with Boro on loan)

I have £30mil as a transfer budget this season thanks to our Amazing CL run but I dont want to spend all of this as we are still in alot of debt, we only have Europa league football this year and I want to keep the books under control.

Any ideas for signings? Any changes people recommend? What would you do to make sure you become a consistent top 4 and get back to CL?

Any suggestions would be great and thanks for reading!

I'm also managing Everton, wondering were you got 30 Million from in your current season, did you get tempted by the boost the bank balance.

I started my first season with 1.5Million budget.
I sold Jelavic for 12 Million, and brought in

Carlton Cole (Loan)
John Carew (free)
Owen Hargreaves (free)
Harry Kewell (free)
Lasse Schone (Loan )

7 Games in I'm 8th so far, out the League Cup got drew away vs Chelsea :(.

My money is gone from Jelavic, the clubs balance is only 4 Mill now, was 15 after Jelavic sale, no idea what board are spending it on lol.
Player wages dont make 10 million in two months.

Its ****** frustrating I want another striker but got no funds, despite selling Jelavic for 12 mill and not spending grrrrrrr.

You think starting Mirllas as a loan striker is my best bet

I'm also managing Everton, wondering were you got 30 Million from in your current season, did you get tempted by the boost the bank balance.

I started my first season with 1.5Million budget.
I sold Jelavic for 12 Million, and brought in

Carlton Cole (Loan)
John Carew (free)
Owen Hargreaves (free)
Harry Kewell (free)
Lasse Schone (Loan )

7 Games in I'm 8th so far, out the League Cup got drew away vs Chelsea :(.

My money is gone from Jelavic, the clubs balance is only 4 Mill now, was 15 after Jelavic sale, no idea what board are spending it on lol.
Player wages dont make 10 million in two months.

Its ****** frustrating I want another striker but got no funds, despite selling Jelavic for 12 mill and not spending grrrrrrr.

You think starting Mirllas as a loan striker is my best bet

The £30 mil bank balance came from a 6th place finish and Champions League Final, Revenues alone took the club out of debt!

The problem I had with Everton was the fact that there is no point selling of your big name players because the board give you around 20-30 percent of the profit and you cant find replacements.. if you can get the team out of debt then Everton really can break the top 4!

Miralles always plays best as a RW inside forward! Then i would play Cole as a Target man!

The £30 mil bank balance came from a 6th place finish and Champions League Final, Revenues alone took the club out of debt!

The problem I had with Everton was the fact that there is no point selling of your big name players because the board give you around 20-30 percent of the profit and you cant find replacements.. if you can get the team out of debt then Everton really can break the top 4!

Miralles always plays best as a RW inside forward! Then i would play Cole as a Target man!

Had to sell Felliani and Jelavic because they were sulking saying they want a bigger club, I'm 7th now after 25 games, hopefully I can finish top 4 to get some money.

Problem is my sqaud is not very strong with the loss of Jelavic and Felliani, I managed to Sign NZogbia in January, his pace has helped he and Mirrallas are inside Forwards with Anichebe as a lone target Man.
That has given me better results of late.
Cole been injured since he got here, torn his knee ligaments, lot of good he is.

Will update again

Yeh let me know how it goes, would be interesting to see where you finish. I tried a couple of seasons with Everton this year to see what makes them work, each time selling a different combination of players and what I found out was at no point should you sell Fellaini! Heitenga is a good sale.. 10mil easy and you can bring in someone like Okore for around 1.2mil I think. Wellington Nem is a must at 3.4Mil I think! also Mason Bennett and Will Hughes from Derby for around 7Mil for the pair and Hiljemark for around 900K that is a Everton team with a future!

Finished 6th with Everton, getting the last Europa League spot over Liverpool who finished 7th :), although so I thought, Liverpool for some reason Qualified as well ?....they didnt win any cups.

Anyway got 12 Million for finishing 6th, and 7 Million budget for my second season.
I think I have a weak sqaud and I overachieved finishing 6th.
Relying on Carew and Anichebe for goals all season, to be fair they delivered 20 goals between them.

will post my second siginings too (I bought Mason Bennett based of your recommendation) some really good players transfer listed.
Ill post my in and outs of season 2 soon tell me what you think

Gotta say I'm very happy with the squad now for the upcoming season.

Out

Steven Naismith 5 Million
John Heitinga 11 Million
Magaye Gueye 4 Million
Apostos Vellios 2 Million
Shane Duffy 2.7 Million

in

Deneilson (loan)
Wilfred Zara (loan)
James Milner 5.75 Million
James McCarthy 6 Million
Mason Bennett 3.5 Million
Marco Capuano 4 Million

My midfield is so much stronger than last season, only concern is Anichebe is my first choice Striker, and a 16 year old Mason Bennett second choice.
Might be able to get a stiker on loan to help out.
I've also lost Mucha, so my reserve Keeper is terrble, dont have the funds left to address it.

Gotta say I'm very happy with the squad now for the upcoming season.

Out

Steven Naismith 5 Million
John Heitinga 11 Million
Magaye Gueye 4 Million
Apostos Vellios 2 Million
Shane Duffy 2.7 Million

in

Deneilson (loan)
Wilfred Zara (loan)
James Milner 5.75 Million
James McCarthy 6 Million
Mason Bennett 3.5 Million
Marco Capuano 4 Million

My midfield is so much stronger than last season, only concern is Anichebe is my first choice Striker, and a 16 year old Mason Bennett second choice.
Might be able to get a stiker on loan to help out.
I've also lost Mucha, so my reserve Keeper is terrble, dont have the funds left to address it.

That does seem like a much stronger squad, I would say just search through the out of contract players for a keeper, guarantee you will find a decent back up keeper!

I really would vouch for Bennett as a 1st team striker already, he managed 17 goals in 10 starts and 27 subs for me in the 1st season, then I sent him on loan to fulham for the 2nd season and he won Prem young player of the year and was the 2nd top scorer in the Prem with 22 goals (behind Giroud).. he recieved his 1st England cap at the age of 17 and was a 1st team regular!

Failing that Guidetti (Man City) on loan if you can. And Btw Milner is a fantastic signing and all I would say regarding Zaha is I am yet to see ANY proof from anyone that Zaha actually improves at all as a player, unless he shines in your Everton team.. do not make it permanant!

Good luck with the 2nd seanon, keep me posted!

Zaha has been fantastic for me so far, scored 8 goals and plenty of assists, I left Taudul as the back up keeper, hes been improving a fair bit though the season.
Zaha wont be signed after his loan, unless hes on the cheap.

FMC mode moves much quicker than normal, I'm nearly in January already :) 4th in the league and into the knockout stage of the Europa League. (I under estimated the revenue you get from Europa League, Champions League must be even more)

James McCarthy has been fantastic for, but has broken his foot, a big blow but I still have Deneilson and Milner has my two Centre mids.

I've played many Everton games on FM, gotta say for some reason I'm enjoying this one the most

Rossi as a loan signing is an awesome signing aswell!

You have some good ratings in there, definitely looks like a top 4 side!

Where did you sign John Stones from, not a player I have seen before, Peruzzi from Velez is gonna be a world class RB and is really cheap by the way!

John Stones is an Everton Player, hes in your Squad when you start.

To adress Liverpool qualifying, 7th place carries a Europa League: 3rd qualifying round, place if the FA and Capital One cups are won by teams placed 1-6.

Rossi backup to Anichebe? Would have to be starting for me. Anichebe doing well though? Glad soo many enjoying FMC, cant wait to see what changes they make to FMC for FM2014, option of large db and more countires and i will be happy bunny. Gd work guys, some nice looking everton lineups there.

Anichebe only done okay, about 15 goals in all competetions from about 40 games. He's better up front than Rossi for my system becuase I generally play long balls.
He holds the ball up and brings Zaha and Mirallas into the game.
Pieanaar got injured for a while so I put Rossi in the AMC role were he did ok.

Starting my third season soon, I signed Gabby Agbonahlor to help out upfront, going to start him ahead of Anichebe and adjust the way I play to accomodate.
Cant hoof balls up to him as he wont hold up the ball.

I'll post my squad for my third season tonight :)