Everton clinch Beckford signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K
*Gasp*

Looking straight to the negatives of this deal,it's highly unlikely Beckford will do well in the Premier League,with there being so much competitivness (sp) not only in the league,but also for the striking position.There is an unimaginable gap (obviously) between League One and the Premier League.With that said,I can see that his goal tally would be less the half of what it was if it was to be 'translated' into top flight terms.

Saha and Yakubu are the front-runners in Moyes' starting eleven and for most of the season,Beckford will be a benchwarmer,might get in a few Europa League games,but I doubt he'll play past 20 games.

On the positive side,Moyes has always been a man to get the best out of a player - Cahill,Neville,Saha,they've all become much more recognised via Moyes' work and the same could be for Beckford.

But to conclude,I think Beckford would do pretty poorly at Everton,but then again,we can't jump the gun as the new season doesn't start until August.

Not a huge risk for Everton, doesn't really offer much in aerial ability but would be a good impact player to have off the bench in the last 20 minutes due to his pace.

He's free, there is risk in a bosman and Beckford won't be on much money.

I think he will be a ok signing at best, Not really much you can lose on a free who is likly to be on very low wages.He does have a **** poor attitude and misses way too many chances to be considered a solid finisher, In league one he was getting atleast 6 very good chances in a game and missing alot of them.

Noway in **** he is getting that many chances in the EPL, Everton may struggle to have 6 chances between the whole team in some games next season, He used to getting that many just for himself.He does know where the goal is though hes proved that much but in a lower league, A goalscorer he is without a doubt but a finisher he is'nt, With abit of work you never know but i hope he does well, Always nice to see a manager take a punt on a player from a lower league in England rather than looking abroad like most clubs do these days.

I can bet he will do well in Premier League and it's another player that Newcastle missed. ):

at the end of the day david moyes knows better than all of us about the game of football if he signs someone he signs them for a reason and on a four year contract obviously he is in his plans otherwise it would have been a pre season trial or a 1 year contract at the most..... good luck jb

Back