Everton F.C. - Can the Toffees Break the Top 6?

April-May 2021
'Finishing the 2nd Season'

Lucas Digne.PNG

In the save, Lucas Digne is being heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid and also to Inter

Round-up
We slowed up a little in the final two months, but still had a very successful period and we were able to secure a great finish in the league. We finished off the Premier League on a 32 match unbeaten streak, which is crazy! We are yet to lose to a team twice in the same season which is a class achievement and long may it continue through the next season.

April Results
April 2021.PNG

As you can see a couple disappointing results as we drew 0-0 to struggling Leeds, needing away goals to get past Bournemouth and being outclassed by Lazio in the 1st leg of the Europa League semi-final. But there were some great ones as well, as I beat Tottenham after rejecting their job offer and we turned around a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2 against Chelsea. The Europa League however, required a massive 2nd leg from us to turn it around.

May Results
May 2021.PNG

We finished off our season fairly well, despite crashing out of the Europa League. We certainly did well in Europe at our first time of asking and despite several chances against Lazio at home, we couldn't quite score but it was an overachievement to get to that stage. In the league we drew with Liverpool in an end-to-end game, got revenge against Wolves for our earlier defeat and then rounded out in fitting style with a top draw performance against Blackburn.

League Table
Final League Table.PNG

The final table shows us a fairly comfortable 2nd with just 3 defeats to our name!!! Manchester City cruised to the title and nearly went unbeaten although couldn't reach 100 points, while London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham failed to qualify for Europe in disappointing seasons for the pair. At the bottom end, Newcastle, Leeds and Southampton all went down to the Championship. Next up, a season review!

Season Review 2020/21
Photo.PNG

Everton celebrate a 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace

Competition Winners
Premier League: Manchester City
FA Cup: Arsenal
Carabao Cup: Liverpool
EFL Championship: Burnley
Champions League: Barcelona
Europa League: Manchester United

Season Review
Season Review.PNG

We enjoyed a brilliant second season, finishing as the runners-up in the Premier League as well as making a run to the Europa League semi-finals. Our domestic cup performances were still not quite as I would've liked, even though we did make the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Season Awards
Season Awards.PNG

Our best player this season was Lucas Digne according to the fans and I have to agree with them. He was amazing at left back, Adama Traore also had a great year after joining from Wolves and Nicolo Zaniolo lived up to heavy expectations at just 21 years of age!

Overall Best Eleven

Overall Best 11.PNG

Our Overall best eleven featured 5 new inclusions on both the starting line-up and bench. Adama Traore definitely deserves it, as does Zaniolo and Xhaka on loan, who likely won't be joining permanently also had a great year, although I thought that maybe Andre Gomes deserved to be in there instead.

Team of the Year
Team of the Year.PNG

This season we had 3 players included into the Team of the Year, both of our full-backs, and Patrick Cutrone up front. Otherwise, it was filled up by mainly Manchester City players, but Liverpool still had Salah and Mane in there on the wings. Kyle Walker-Peters was a great acquisition as well at right-back replacing Seamus Coleman to full affect.

Squad Dynamics
Squad Dynamics.PNG

Our squad is delighted in all aspects and almost every single player is happy! They're still also pleased to have me at the helm which is great.

Squad List
Squad List.PNG

Our squad was, as it was last season, very very good. GK Jordan Pickford had a good year this time around. It wasn't quite as good as the last but he was still a reliable option between the sticks and I see no reason for needing any change there. Kyle Walker-Peters was brilliant at right-back and so was our entire defence, with Edson Alvarez signing on in January and being one of our best players. Lucas Digne was our Player of the Season this year at left back too. Midfield also endured great success, with Zaniolo and Xhaka forming a very solid midfield partnership.

Up front was where we had a few issues, with Yusuf Yazici flopping after coming in and Alex Iwobi having an OK second season. However, Adama Traore was great and Patrick Cutrone scored a number of vital goals but was a little patchy across games. Moise Kean was far from his golden boot winning first season which is a bit worrying but came good towards the back end of the last season.

My Player of the Season: Lucas Digne
My Young Player of the Season: Nicolo Zaniolo
Needs Improvement: Yusuf Yazici
Most Disappointing Player: Jefferson Lerma

Summer Plans
A big summer ahead. I think we need a new CAM as Yazici hasn't showed me what he can do. A new central midfielder is needed as Xhaka was only on loan, while I might go after a new CB to add to our squad depth as well as having some back-up for Lucas DIgne at LB as it is an area where I currently have little back-up to replace him.