Everton FC - what can be done on a small budget?

smiles1000

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS

David Moyes has quit as Everton manager due to being fed up with lack of money that continually holds the club back and the inability by the board to attract new investors to the club. There has been no comment on this matter by the club yet but Moyes was seen half an hour ago climbing into a silver Mercedes and looking grim faced.

STATEMENT FROM EVERTON

Bill Kenwright – It is with great regret that we have to announce that David Moyes has tendered his resignation due to continual disagreements with the board. We wish David the best of the luck with his future and that hope to make an announcement in the next week on who will take over as the new manager.

Potential Candidates

Roberto Martinez –
the current Wigan manager is the favourite for the job after keeping Wigan in the Premier League for the last few year.

Mark Hughes –
Ex Blackburn, Man City, Fulham and QPR manager currently out of work and looking to get back into management.

Roberto Di Matteo –
Ex West Brom and Chelsea manager, won Champions League with Chelsea last season, also out of work and looking for a new job.

BREAKING NEWS

Everton Football Club is pleased to announce 25 year old Thomas Hickman as their new manager. Bill Kenwright – “This man may not have any experience but we feel this is the right person to take this club forward and has impressed all members of the club with his vision of the club.”

INTERVIEW WITH THE NEW MANAGER

Reporter- Hello Thomas and welcome to your new role as manager of Everton Football Club.

TH – Hello and thank you for the wonderful welcome to my new role.

Reporter – So starting from the beginning you’re following one of Everton’s best managers David Moyes. How do you feel about this?

TH – To be following in the footsteps of someone like David is an honour and also a challenge because of the longevity he was here for and always kept Everton competitive in this division.

Reporter – What are your aims for this season and also long term?

TH – To start with my aims for this season is a top 7 finish and hopefully a place in Europe next season. Also a good cup run wouldn't be so bad either because it can get you a place in Europe if you do well enough and extra income wouldn't be a bad thing either. In the long term my aim is to have Everton challenging for trophies every season.

Reporter – It’s well known that Everton don’t enjoy the same budget as some clubs in the league so do you see this a pitfall to your aims for this club?

TH – I see it as part of the challenge of managing this wonderful club and having had a few meetings with the chairman and the board, they have promised me that will back me in every way they can.

Reporter – Anyway that’s all we have time for so good luck in the job and I will look forward to see how you get on.

TH – Thankyou.

Pre Season Fixtures
Southport (Away)
Won 3-2
Goal Scorers – Fellaini, Barkley, Vellios

Bury (Away)
Draw 0-0

AC Ajaccio (Away)
Lost 1-0

Preston North End (Away)
Draw 0-0

Everton (CHI) (Away)
Won 3-0
Goal Scorers – Osman, Vellios (2)

Over pre-season I left my assistant to take charge of the games because of limited playing time due to other commitments and it gave an idea on what he is like looking after the team. The results gained aren’t brilliant but I’m not that bothered because this is time of the season when the players just need to get game time under their belt so that they have match sharpness when the season starts. Also these games allowed the players to get used to the tactics that will be used over the coming months.

Transfers

View attachment 344867
Due to only having a budget of £1.5 million there was only one player brought in and that was a midfielder who was bought to add more depth to the squad which I thought was lacking.

Last edited:
August 2012

Premier League

Norwich City (Home)
Draw 0-0

Premier League

Manchester City (Away)
Lost 4-1
Goal Scorer – Pienaar

Capital One Cup (2nd​ Round)

Chesterfield (Away)
Won 2-1
Goal Scorers – Barkley, Duffy

A disappointing start in the league especially when we had the most possession and chances against Norwich but couldn’t score but we had to be thankful to Tim Howard for saving a penalty just before half time. The trip to the league champions was eventful as the introduction of Kaka just after half time changed the game for them and two late goals made the score line look unjust. Glad to get a win in the cup in which we hope to have a good run in. Drawn Notts County away in the next round.

September 2012

Premier League

Queen Park Rangers (Home)
Won 3-1
Goal Scorer – Jelavic (3)

Premier League

Southampton (Away)
Lost 1-0

Premier League
Arsenal (Home)
Won 3-0
Goal Scorers – Baines, Jelavic (2)

Capital One Cup (3rd​ Round)
Notts County (Away)
Draw 3-3 AET – Won on penalties
Goal Scorers – Pienaar, Vellios (2)

Premier League
West Brom (Away)
Lost 3-2
Goal Scorers – Heitinga, Baines

A mixed bag of results from the month of September with the highlights being the win against Arsenal and the comeback from 2-0 down against Notts County to force extra time before mounting another comeback after conceding early in extra time. The poor form away from home in the league is a major worry but this is something that can be turned around in the next few games.

View attachment 345416

October 2012

Premier League

Newcastle (away)
Lost 5-2
Goal Scorers - Jelavic, Distan

Premier League

Reading (home)
Won 2-0
Goal Scorer - Jelavic (2)

Premier League

Wigan (home)
Won 3-0
Goal Scorers - Mirallas, Own Goal, Jelavic

Capital One Cup (4th Round)

Norwich (away)
Won 1-0
Goal Scorer - Vellios

A bad start to the month with the loss to Newcastle but the rest of the month went well with 2 wins at home in league and an away win in the cup. The away form in the league is still a major issue but this is hopefully we can address in the next month. A team meeting was held after the Newcastle game to boost morale and this paid divends for the rest of the month.

I like the idea of it and I loved my Everton save I had. Maybe a little bit more thought into the layout would do you good.

I like the idea of it and I loved my Everton save I had. Maybe a little bit more thought into the layout would do you good.

To be fair I do need to work on layout but I seem to keep writing the story when I'm on my iPad and its harder to do on there so I might start writing on my laptop instead

Unfortunately my save has been corrupted so I won't be able to continue on this save, so will be starting a new story soon