Everton. First Season. January Transfer Window

mhiggins

Reaction score
Kevin Mirallas has handed in a transfer request, despite me being top of the Premiership. Both Chelsea and Real Madrid have offered ?25m so I've decided to cash in. Any recommendations on who I could bring in to replace him?

I just finished my season with Everton and eventually finished 4th after bad injuries to Lukaku and Jagielka left me stuck.
Mirallas was injured for 2 months before January so I was forced to add another winger. I got Candreva from Lazio for 1.5 mill as he is available for free in the Summer but Lazio are willing to sell beforehand for cheap. He scored 6 goals and never had a lower rating than 7 in games.

He is a quick fix and because funds are not made available from transfer revenue by the board is a god fit.
I also signed Ashley Williams and Diame before the season started and both made the team of the year. Cheap buys if still available.

Last edited:
I was thinking of replacing Mirallas with Lallana? Also I'm struggling with Lukaku, he's only scored 7/8 goals in all comps. How do you play him?

He was struggling early on for me aswel, I play him as AF with no instructions. I have two wingers who deliver crosses his power gets him on the end of them. I found when I had a Private Chat with him and gave him a confidence boost he improved alot and was joint top scorer in the PL until his injury 5 games to the end of the season. This also added me as his favoured personnel.
Lewis Holtby was available in Jan for 3.5 mill aswel.

Sign who? Lukaku or Holtby??
I just finished the season, haven't attempted to renew any loans or sign players because I am trying to get the Arsenal job but I got Holtby in Jan for 3.5

Maybe if you have that Private Chat with him, I think you need to say you have faith and you trust he will get back scoring, he might add you to favoured personnel and accept a loan extension. It all depends on Chelsea. If it fails you may be able to get Benteke or even have a look at Mitrovic from Anderlecht.