Everton Football Club - The Financial Takeover

StephenAFC

Reaction score
NOTE --- Using the FM 2014 Editor, I have added funds to Everton and as the latest update enables you to terminate contracts, I will watch Everton's progress throughout the season and if necessary, move players on and sack managers. This save should last roughly three seasons. Enjoy the story folks!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
View attachment 450020
Everton purchased by British billionaire Richard Brown
View attachment 450022
Everton have been purchased by British billionaire Richard Brown. Brown, who made his millions via investment has purchased the club he supports from Bill Kenwright. Everton finished sixth last season and challenged for the UEFA Champions League places for most of the season. Brown released a statement on the club website outlining his intentions for the club while he is in charge.
To the Toffees,
I have just bought this magnificent club and I wanted to tell you all my plans for the future. Everton deserve glory and as a fan myself, I want to see it happen. With a talented manager like Roberto Martinez at the helm, our priority is to consistently qualify for the UEFA Champions League. I will make a significant investment to clear club debt and I will be giving Roberto a good transfer budget. I take over from Bill Kenwright who under his ownership took the club to the top six in the Premier League. I thank him for trusting me to look after the club from now on. I give Roberto Martinez my full backing and I assure fans that this season will be a memorable one."
The cost of the sale is undisclosed but reports suggest the cost was between 500 and 600 million pounds.

banner-skysports_1.png

article_0ded3a796523925a_1370529185_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Roberto Martinez: We can qualify for the Champions League
Everton boss thinks club can finish in the top four this season
Roberto Martinez believes Everton can qualify for the Champions League this season. Martinez spoke to a reporter and was passionate in his beliefs that Everton will finish in the top four. Martinez said;
"Yes, we have a top squad and we are playing well so far. I think that if our teamwork continues why can't we finish in the top four?" Everton strengthened their squad with five senior players.
The club signed Alessandro Diamanti from Bologna for ?7.75 million pounds,
Ryan Shawcross from Stoke for ?7.25 million pounds,
Kyle Naughton from Tottenham for ?2.6 million pounds,
Nathan Dyer from Swansea for ?3.6 million pounds and Seydou Ketia from A'erbin for an undisclosed fee.
Martinez also hailed the on-loan striker Romelu Lukaku who has netted seven goals in sixteen games.
"For me he is a top talent. I think he is a world class striker and we are lucky to have him. He has bags of potential and it's stunning how Chelsea agreed to loan him out." Everton are currently fourth and the club will spend Christmas Day in fourth place just three points off leaders Chelsea. Everton have beaten Manchester United and Arsenal both away from home and the club beat Chelsea at Goodison Park.
View attachment 441452

banner-skysports_1.png

200px_Everton_F_C_2013_svg.png

Everton sign Alexandru Maxim and Andriy Yarmolenko
Deadline day double deal with both signings costing ?11 million pounds.
Everton have announced the signings of Dynamo Kyiv midfielder Andriy Yarmolenko and Stuttgart midfielder Alexandru Maxim.
Yarmolenko made fifteen appearances for Kyiv this season scoring once and assisting five goals.
Maxim also made fifteen appearances for Stuttgart this season scoring twice and assisting three goals.
Manager Roberto Martinez said these two will be revered in the Premier League and will become a dynamic duo.
"These two players are talented and they will make an instant impact for us. They've got the potential to be a dynamic duo if you will. They will be stars here and I wish them all the best."

banner-skysports_1.png

article_0ded3a796523925a_1370529185_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Everton sack Roberto Martinez
Club sack manager after finishing eighth despite investment.
Everton have sacked Roberto Martinez after the club finished eighth in the Premier League despite investing ?45 million in the squad. Everton owner Richard Brown told Sky Sports News that the decision was regrettable but given the circumstances, there was no other choice. He said; "I had to sack Roberto. I used to own a non-league club and I hated sacking players and coaches but when you invest a lump sum into an already dazzling team you expect results. I didn't want to have to get rid of Roberto but we played so well in the first half of the season and then we dropped. We won't be in Europe next season and that was the sole goal. If we qualified for the Europa League than I would of still been elated. Playing in a European tournament was my prize ambition. Next season there will be a shake up and I will be bringing in some top Premier League players and getting rid of those who do not deserve to wear the shirt. Roberto Martinez still has a reputation, he will get a job in no time. I wish him the best of luck in the future."
With Martinez leaving Everton, Sky Bet have installed Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen as 7/1 favourite to take the job. Meulensteen guided Fulham to seventh in the Premier League four points ahead of Everton but with an ageing squad, Meulensteen is reported to want to leave Fulham to explore other managerial opportunities. Sam Allardyce and Billy Davies are also in the running being priced at 5/1 and 8/1 respectively.

Last edited:
banner-skysports_1.png

PANews+BT_N0288601386167499052A_I1.jpg
Mike-Phelan.jpg

Everton appoint Meulensteen and Phelan
Everton reunite ex Manchester United duo to work with club.
Richard Brown has appointed Rene Meulensteen as manager with ex Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan joining as his assistant. The two worked together under Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United until they were both sacked by his replacement David Moyes. Meulensteen recently steered Fulham to seventh in the Premier League after the club were threatened with relegation at Christmas time. This is Phelan's first job since leaving Manchester United despite being linked with the manager role at numerous clubs in the Championship and the Premier League. Meulensteen said in his unveiling that he is honoured to be in charge of such a prestigious club. "I couldn't believe it when Everton came in for me, I was initially hesitant to leave Fulham but the owner pulled me aside and said the club is in safe hands, he told me to recommend a replacement and then I was free to go. I only left Fulham after the talk with Shahid Khan. He is a brilliant man and Fulham are in safe hands. I said to them to get Steve McClaren, I worked with him at Manchester United, he took Derby from near relegation to just outside the playoff places and he will work wonders at Fulham. But now my priority is Everton and getting them into the Champions League." Everton came eighth after being touted for the top four and spending five months in the top four. Everton are now 4/1 to finish in the top four and with Richard Brown showing his trigger finger, the club have stated their intent for the Champions League.

Everton complete Newcastle double signing.
142263808.jpg

Club sign duo from relegated Newcastle for ?40 million.
Rene Meulensteen's Everton have dipped their toes into the transfer market signing Yohan Cabaye and Papiss Cisse from Everton. The deal cost Everton ?40 million but after the club announced a budget of ?100 million, owner Richard Brown stated that spending will continue. Cabaye made 35 appearances for Newcastle last season and was voted player of the season. Papiss Cisse scored 12 goals in 34 games and was a close runner up. Newcastle have lost half their squad to Premier League sides with Cisse, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Yanga-Mbiwa and Yoan Gouffran joining Premier League teams. Everton are also completing the paperwork to sign Salomon Rondon from Rubin Kazan and Mauricio Isla from Juventus and Udinese.

Everton complete quadruple signing.

Chamberlain, Mitrovic, Rondon and Isla join Toffees.
Everton have signed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aleksandar Mitrovic, Salomon Rondon and Mauricio Isla. Oxlade Chamberlain joins from Arsenal for ?20 million, Mitrovic joins from Anderlecht for an undisclosed fee, Rondon joins from Rubin Kazan for ?20 million and Isla joins after Everton bought the co-ownership rights from both Juventus and Udinese with the total cost left undisclosed.

476px-Everton_FC_2014.png

An open letter from the Owner.
Evertonians,
I have made a significant investment into a squad I believe can qualify for the Champions League this season. I have spoken with Rene Meulensteen and we believe we should make our intentions clear for this season. Last season, I reluctantly terminated the contract of Roberto Martinez, I signalled my intentions and he signalled his. He told Bill Kenwright he can take us to the Champions League and he told Bill that if he failed then Bill could sack him. The agreement was still binding with me, I was planning my takeover when Bill hired Roberto, I gave the go ahead to hire him. Roberto knew the expectations and he failed to meet them. I sacked Roberto to make a clear statement, fail to qualify for the Champions League and you go. Rene Meulensteen is a confident man, so confident he agreed to let me tell you the deal. Meulensteen is a top manager and he will get us to the Champions League. I have invested a large amount into the club and I will now be making a lesser investment, I will inject cash into the club but I will not make Everton complete the transformation into a club like Manchester City, buying our way to everything. Fans, I promise you we will qualify for the Champions League by any means nessecary.

NOTE - This story is over. I simmed another season and Everton came 6th, the idea of this whole story was to see the club in Europe. It made me want to play FM and that's what I'm going to do.

how do you become a chairman?
I used the FM in game editor to allocate Everton funds. It also gives you the option to terminate the contract of anyone on the game at a club. Player or staff member. I just used the FM Editor, I wasn't the actual chairman.

I used the FM in game editor to allocate Everton funds. It also gives you the option to terminate the contract of anyone on the game at a club. Player or staff member. I just used the FM Editor, I wasn't the actual chairman.
Are you making a new story as a Manager