rickcfc

Reaction score
68wm5u.jpg

Defeat in Moyes' last game in charge appears to have put the final nail in his coffin and lose him his job. Ex-Preston manager Moyes was a firm favourite amongst Everton fans, especially with the fact he worked a lot on a tight budget. Signings such as Steven Pienaar, Marouane Fellaini, Tim Cahill and Leighton Baines to name a few, also showed Moyes was a shrewd business man in the transfer market. However, chairman Bill Kenwright appears to have lost patience with Moyes' results as manager and is keen to go down a new path with Everton. With a press conference expected soon to confirm the departure, bookies have started to take bets on the next boss with a host of names linked.

izx1jm.jpg

Early betting odds showing ex-Villa boss Martin O'Neill as most likely to fill vacant hotseat at Goodison. Dave Jones and Guus Hiddink not far behind, although it is doubtful Hiddink will walk out on his contract with Turkey. A recent addition to the betting odds is Diego Maradona whos odds of 100/1 make it extremely doubtful he'll even be considered.

Managers who have ruled themselves out of the running included Vicente del Bosque, Alberto Zaccheroni, ex-Goodison favourite Neville Southall and dutchman Marco van Basten.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

PRESS CONFERENCE CALLED BY EVERTON

EVERTON HAVE CALLED A PRESS CONFERENCE FOR TODAY TO UNVEIL THE NEW MANAGER. MOMENTUM GATHERED LAST NIGHT WHEN IT WAS REPORTED THAT CHAIRMAN BILL KENWRIGHT WAS SEEN SHAKING HANDS WITH A WORLD CUP WINNER. A REPRESENTATIVE OF BILL KENWRIGHT DID CONFIRM AN AGREEMENT WAS REACHED, AND A ANNOUNCEMENT WAS IMMINENT. IT HAS TAKEN THE CLUB ONLY 3 DAYS TO ANNOUNCE A NEW MANAGER FOLLOWING MOYES' DEPARTURE.​

EXCLUSIVE PICTURES AT LIVERPOOL AIRPORT SHOW LILIAN THURAM MOBBED BY JOURNALISTS....

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Everton boss Lilian Thuram has revealed changes will be made at the club in order to build a solid foundation, and to install a different style of play.

"Of course there will be changes. Freshness in a squad is always good, and Everton is no different. As a former defender myself I think I have the capabilities to build a solid backline which will stand us in good stead. Obviously, there will be a bedding in period and we all must get used to each other, but I am quietly confident that together we can be successful. I have not been given any indication as to budgets and money available, but I think its likely players will leave once I've witnessed them in training and pre-season, as these are the chances I get to really evaluate them before our first league game. Players will hopefully come in, not too many as that can hamper things, but maybe 2 or 3. But, as I've said I don't know the budget, so if money is not there, these may be free transfers. I don't want to discuss personnel changes too much at this point. Aswell as changes, we must train hard, work hard and show a bond and togetherness so that when we play bad, all 11 players make the extra effort to rectify this.
I am extremely grateful to manage Everton may I add, and this opportunity was one I could not turn down. I will strive 110% to make Everton a European regular and build a squad worthy of the Premier League top 5 or 6. Please back me and the team and help drive us towards these goals."

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Everton manager Lilian Thuram has denied morning reports that he is interested in former Bolton and Watford defender Danny Shittu. The free agent is currently looking for a new club, and was linked with a move to Everton as part of Thuram's plans, but the Frenchman responded "I don't know where this story came from, its not true, we are still looking for players but Danny Shittu has not been mentioned"

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:58 PM ----------

Everton young striker James Vaughan has been allowed to join Fulham on loan. The move was seen as ideal by both parties and gives Vaughan the chance to regain match fitness. There is a clause to make the deal permanent, at £3.6m, however Vaughan may decide to return to Goodison after the loan.
Manager Lilian Thuram said "This is a great opportunity for James. I was told he had a bad injury before I came, so this is his way of regaining his sharpness and making me take notice of him should he decide to return after the loan"
Fulham manager Mark Hughes was quoted as saying "Im delighted, James is quality, and it's an exciting signing. He gives us more options."

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Norwegian free-agent arrives at Everton

In a busy few days for Everton, they have completed a move to sign Norwegian free agent Espen Johnsen on a 2-year deal. The former Rosenborg goalkeeper arrives at Goodison park to provide competition and cover to ever present goalkeeper Tim Howard. Lilian Thuram said "Espen gives us great cover for Tim Howard, and who knows maybe he could replace him as number 1? I am delighted to have wrapped the move up quickly, as we faced competition from a few Serie 'A' clubs."
Johnsen replied " I am delighted to join Everton, they are a great club and I cannot wait to be a part of the famour Merseyside derby. Im very gratfeul to Lilian for giving me the opportunity to come to England and be involved in the best league in world football. I came close to joining Napoli, but Everton made me feel more wanted, and I will give them 100%"

EVERTON SELL HIBBERT

In what some see as a surprise move, Tony Hibbert, the Everton youth product, has joined Sampdoria. The £3.3m move was tied up today after a fee was agreed 2 nights ago. Although a wrench to leave his boyhood club, Hibbert was delighted to join a famous name in Serie 'A'. "This is terrific for me. I love Everton and always will, they made me who I am, but Sampdoria are such a famous name in Italian football. Players like Gianluca Vialli, David Platt and Ruud Gullit all plyed their trade here, and now I get the chance to do so aswell."
Thuram added "We felt at £3.3m it was value for money on Sampdoria's part, and we couldn't refuse such a good offer for a player like Tony. There won't be a replacement signed as we already have brought in Caneira, but we are still looking for maybe 1 or 2 more." When asked about the Steven Pienaar reports, Thuram dropped a bombshell "Yes its true, we have agreed a fee for Pienaar which I will not reveal at this moment. The move has progressed quite a fair bit in recent days, and we hope to announce it formally in due course"

CHAMPIONS SNARE PIENAAR!

Uproar amongst Everton fans today as Lilian Thuram's previous comments were confirmed. Following the manager's quote last week that Everton had agreed a fee which he wouldn't reveal, it's now confirmed at £8.5m. It's a surprise move on both parts given that Everton rated Pienaar very highly, and Chelsea have recently brought in Yossi Benayoun and Ramires in midfield. With a work permit secured immediately, and personal terms no problem for either party, Pienaar agreed a 4 year deal. He said "This is a dream move. I don't think many players would refuse a move to Chelsea, the champions of England. They have a great squad and its a fantastic club which Im thrilled to be a part of. Manager Carlo Ancelotti made me feel very welcome when we met, and although I am not guaranteed first team football, I just couldn't refuse this opportunity. I wish to thank Everton and wish them all the best in the future, but now I'm a different blue, and thats my priority.
Lilian Thuram added "I know the Everton fans must be livid, but I think we can cope without Pienaar. £8.5m gives us the chance to bring someone of upmost quality in and we hope to have someone signed before the window closes. It was a tough decision to let Steven go, but the fee, as I've said, was too good to refuse. Myself and Mr. Kenwright admitted that it'd be a huge blow for Everton FC and the fans, but we'll strive to still improve the squad, despite the loss of a quality midfielder."

Last edited:
Nice start pal :) ill be sure to kep on having a look on how your doing. Just 1 suggestion: You should use the middle of the page structure :)

Nice start pal :) ill be sure to kep on having a look on how your doing. Just 1 suggestion: You should use the middle of the page structure :)

cheers mate i shall do from now on. ill try re-adjust whats already there too :)

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

PIENAAR DEBATE CONTINUES...

The debate continued today regarding Steven Pienaar's sale following him joining Chelsea. Fans have been left scratching their heads over the sale, and many cannot understand the logic of selling one of the clubs best midfielders, to the champions! Lilian Thuram, the clubs manager, claimed that the club will sign a replacement, though some fans are not so easily won over

How the **** do the clubs hierarchy expect any success when selling an asset like Steven Pienaar. Thuram's inexperience has shone through here! John

Daft decision really, ok £8.5m is welcomed with open arms, but selling Pienaar to the champions? They're strong enough as it is! I for one am not looking forward to facing them. Alex

Same old, same old. "We'll challenge for Europe". Heard it all before, and yet again immediately we over-ride all the latest decent signings, by selling one of the best players we got. Next up: Arteta to Man Utd, Fellaini to Arsenal, **** lets even sell Jack Rodwell to Liverpool!! Matt

Everton today revealed via their official podcast, that Sky Sports News reports of a double signing are correct. Club chief executive and manager Lilian Thuram confirmed to the podcast both deals were tied up today. Thuram remarked "This morning, both Wael Gomaa, and Yaser al-Qahtani jetted into Liverpool and came over to the training complex to complete their medical exams. Both passed with ease, and penned 2 year deals. We feel Yaser is a proven striker for club and country, and hope he can fire Everton to glory, along with the abundance of talent we already posess upfront. In regards to Wael, he adds depth to the backline. Phil, Slvain and Wael are the main 3 centre backs on the books, as i feel Jack Rodwell is a better midfielder, and Phil Neville is a very versatile player. We welcome both Wael and Yaser to Everton FC.

NEVILLE KEEPS ARMBAND

PHIL NEVILLE KEEPS CAPTAINCY

TIM CAHILL RETAINS VICE-CAPTAINCY

Everton have announced on the website that Phil Neville will remain captain for the new season. The experienced versatile player, who has 59 England caps, revealed his delight. "Its always nervous this time of year, as with new guys coming in, you never know if you are still in the gaffers plans, luckily I am, and am relieved and delighted to still be captain of Everton. I am looking forward to the new season starting." Vice Captain Cahill added "Yeh as Phil said, its just a relief to know Im still wanted at Everton, now is the time to focus on the league campaign, and put all the off-field debates and happenings behind us."

Last edited:
Thats much better m8 :) ill follow. Nice signings there

Ive allways wanted to do an Everton save, no time to do a story due to dissertation time at uni lol, will look in time to time to see how its going mate