Son1cBo0m

Reaction score
Hi guys, i seem to be really struggling with getting results, maybe my roles are all wrong or whatever? i play a 4-4-2

Gk - Howard
DR - P.Neville
DC - Sakho
DC - Rodwell / Jagielka
DL - L. Baines
ML - Bryan Ruiz
MR - Shaun Wright - Phillips
MC - Nuri Sahin
MC - Arteta
ST(c)L - Javier Hernandez
ST(c)R - Mario Gomez

Nuri Sahin is my play-maker.
Javier hernandez is Advanced forward and Mario Gomez Complete forward.
Arteta is a Box-to-Box midfielder.
They are the only real things that mean anything, everybody else is basically a normal defender etc.

But i just can't seem to pull results out this some decent players - anybody know a killer formation and roles for these guys? any tips and help would be greatfully appriciated!

Sorry if im not allowed to ask this here?

Its difficult to get an idea without seeing more of your tactical instructions, and is it defense or attact that are the problem or both ??

If your conceding too many try putting rodwell as one of your MCs as a ball winning midfielder (defend) to help protect your defense.

I would put Mario Gomez as a target man & Javier Hernandez as a poacher. Also Arteta should be your deep-lying playmaker an Sahin as centre midfielder set to automatic.

Henandez - Poacher- instructions: run from deep always, cuts inside, no long shots, no through balls, no crossing, little creative freedom
Mario Gomez: Target Man/Complete Forward
Nuri : Advance Playmaker
Arteta: Deep-lying Playmaker
Rodwell/Jagielka: Ball playing defender - cover
Sakho: Limited Defender - stopper

Starting Strategy: Fluid
strategy: Control ( overload in last 15/20 mins ;) )

Passing more direct
Creative freedom: more freedom

that should be better ;)

off topic really, but no worth starting another thread.....take a look

Ha ha, final game of the season is Man City at Goodison

just played that match

Lost it, lost the title at home on final day of the season.

just won the quadruple with everton a few minutes ago (second season in)

i used 4-4-2 diamond and 4-4-2 throughout the season. i use 4-2-1-3 against weaker and mid table teams

in the latter stages of the season, i started trying 4-5-1 and it's been working even better against the big teams (barcelona, lyon, etc)

in all formations, i set baines as my playmaker and cahill as the target man

doesn't seem to be working jus tlost 2-0 to fulham .... my team are fallin to peices yet i have somne class players?!

Only other suggestion is go on holiday for a month or two and see if the Assistant produces the results, if he does the team will start playin better as a unit, if not well....... You decide!

Nuri Sahin and Arteta are very similar players - you'd be better off rotating them as deeplying playmakers, and putting them alongside a more defensive player. Put in Rodwell as a ball-winning midfielder, he's good defensively but also a great passer.

Here's an idea for roles:

Neville Fullback (Support)
Baines Fullback (Support)
Sakho Centreback (defend)
Jags Centreback (defend)
Rodwell Ball winning midfielder (defend)
Arteta Deep lying playmaker (support)
Shaun Wright Phillips Winger (Attack)
Bryan Ruiz Attacking midfielder (support)
Hernandez Deep lying striker (Attack)
Gomez Poacher (attack)

If you want a quick fix, download Raikan007's Perfect 4-4-2 and use that - tweak it for your players and you'll start getting results.

It can be hard finding a consistent tactic for your team - Just take a close look at your player's strengths and compare that with what is needed for each role.