kashmoney99

Reaction score
EVERTON TEAM GUIDE

Before this is closed down i realise there is already a guide and i have added to it
However if someone opens that guide they may not scroll down to see my additions as the guide is pretty average
---------------------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f71/everton-team-guide-t32623.html original guide pls see my additions at the bottom

Transfers

View attachment 98443
-------------------------

General advice for all clubs

First of all look at your youth players and release all players with a potential of a star or less
(although some players may only 2 stars as potential training, games can make them better and coach reports arent as accurate as you'd think especially at the beginning of the game)

I then look at the reserve and First team squads.
I look to sell any players that have low potentials and or are on unrealistic wages
Loius Saha is prime because he is on 50k a week and is injury prone. With evertons lack of resources and fairly small squad he has to go.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to keep Hibbert on this save as I have changed something at the game setup so Kiko Femenia is no longer transfer listed at the start of the game who I would have bought to replace him. I may end up selling him anyway!
But if on your game he is available at 220k buy and replace with Hibbert.
His defensive stats arent that good but heitinga can play there in the big games and in the rest play him there (he will develop into a superstar trust me).
Also you will make both a wage and budget profit from this letting you buy the players i loaned in or to buy or loan other players in

I have also decided to keep some of the youngsters i normally sell to make money (2 star or less potential) as Seamus Coleman is my only other Natural RB

Some players i havent managed to sell yet. If you sell Hibbert you will be able to buy the players i bought in on loan (Troare and G Silva) however its cheaper as you pay less wages and less of a transfer fee (without add ons) to loan them
and when u make enough to buy them they will accept lower wages (Troare currently wants 1.7k a week! to sign permanently)

Although i usually use Ronis Goal Factory a 451 setup I have been testing Khodders 433 which is why i got Milevski and Djalo in.

--------------

Tactics

The midfield is the best area of the team, esp with the addition of Annan. Normally i play a 451 using Ronis goal factory (but making cahill a box to box ) off this site. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2268
This is because the main midfielders all have high stamina and work rates (Annan, Felliani, Cahill, Rodwell) and you have decent Advanced Playmaker players in Osman, Billy (Spelling) Pienaar and Arteta.
However playing 451 means that James Vaughan becomes a bit part player when he is monster as poacher.

Playing 433 i think though is a better formation for Everton becuase none of their wide players are natural wingers and the midfielders because of their high stamina, work rate and teamwork attributs can handle the extra work in midflield. These attributes as well as the fact that they are also strong and good in the air would suggest playing a slightly more direct and high tempo brand of football. However i think teams playing direct seem to be more susceptible to a counter on FM 10.3 which is why i prefer keeping the passing style shorter.

Also the fact that with the additions to the squad 433 is better
Djalo and James Vaughan are perfect poachers.
Mivelyski is a great Deep Lying Forward whereas Yajubu and Troare can play as most types although i play Traore as a complete forward on support if he replaces Mivelyski or leave him as poacher if he is replacing Djalo or Vaughan

View attachment 98446
Although my league form has been a bit average of late i am still third as of now and won the league cup

View attachment 98447

ps as asked for formation and tactics
sorry but have lsot game!!!!!!!!!! ill post the tactic from my arsenal game

here is the link for the tactic
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/khodders-433-controlled-patient-possession-football-t43564.html

Last edited:
Just bit of advice add some screenshots

Last edited:
I have to say,it's quite untidy and could do with some fixing up,screenshots would be nice too because it just looks like dull blocks of writing imo.

Actually, I fail to see the purpose of this thread but maybe its just me. Maybe if you, as mentioned above, tidy it up a bit. As it is now, you are telling us about roles but not about the strategy and philosophy within which they play

Will keep this thread open for a while as it with some work could turn into a good tactical discussion as how to play Everton but for that to happen, you simply have to rewrite the opening post

can you please include a couple of screenshots for your formation and team tactics plz. this would be very helpful, thanks very much.

Also great advice, have found this very useful so far.

thanks a postive post wahay!!!!!!!!!!! :)
any more suggestions let me know