EVERTON Team Tactics, Guides, and Training

Witul

Reaction score
EVERTON F.C. (THE TOFFEES)
This is my first team guide and tactics thread. Actually this not a full team guide. This will be concentrated on the Tactics that I made for my favorite English Football Club, The Toffees. But what i will be sharing on this thread is the tactics that i used for Everton based on the players, original players and acquired players through team transfers. (BTW, the database that I used is the latest LFC Summer Transfer that was uploaded here on FM-base).This guide will breakdown the General Team Instructions and Player Instructions and how they move on the actual game itself. The Tactics itself is on Classic mode, so that it can be played as Plug and Play tactics. This is based on the tinkering that i've done before the match and during matches. I will show you the data based on my 2nd season. By the way the first season that i've used the Tactics, I won the FA Cup and the Europa League. Beating QPR and Leverkusen respectively. I also beaten Inter, Lazio, OL, Valencia on these games. I was top of the League for a while but due to the scheduling congestion, my players faltered through the end of the season, finishing 6th. I ended 4-2-4 on the last league games. Now, enough of the introductions, let's go first to the team report on how did I came up with this tactics.

TEAM TRANSFER HISTORY:
View attachment 261682View attachment 261681
This is my previous and current transfer history.

TEAM REPORTS:
OVERALL TEAM REPORT/COMPARISON:
As you can see below, Everton have High mental attributes (best in teamwork, leadership, above average decision making and aggression), and Above average technical and strength attributes (passing, first touch and strength).
View attachment 261678

Report Analysis:Based on these team attributes, you can say that the team will be a good technical - possession team. Good teamwork, decisions, and aggressiveness combined with the technical skills and Strength. Kinda looking like a bully overall

DEFENSIVE LINE REPORT:

Everton have a good defensive personnel on Jagielka, Hibbert, Yobo, Neville, and Distin. Previously I have Heitenga with me but I was offered 14M pounds on him so I gave him away. I have attacking FB's on the likes of Baines, and COleman to supplement the attack. As we can see on the report below, Everton have the best marking attribute and Above average Tackling. and almost all of the needed attributes is above average also with the exception of Jumping skills which almost on the bottom of team comparisons

. View attachment 261679 View attachment 261680

Report Analysis and Desired Applications:

Based on these reports, we can say that Everton will need to be on a high Defensive line to compensate on the lack of jumping. With above average pace and Great marking, tackling and positioning skills, we can say that they are good on covering with each other and pressuring their with the man. You can also see which is not included on the team report but based on the their individual attributes, we have a high Workrate, Teamwork, Decisions, and Good anticipation attributes. These are also highly determined Defensive line.

I analysed that i can apply a high defensive line due composed of a Attacking WBL (Baines/Mesbah), BPD-Stopper, CD-Cover, and a FB-support/attack (Hibbert, Coleman). On the Central backs, I can rotate the players based on Jagielka, Distin, Rakitskyi, Monuz and Yobo. And also a reserve on Neville, Heinze, both veterans but can still help me. So we will be applying an attacking High defensive line that can easily track back defensively. It can also help on distribution of the ball. Kind like a defensive line applied by Dortmund.

MIDFIELD TEAM REPORT:
View attachment 261683View attachment 261684
As you can see on the above report, We can say that Everton have a bunch of great DM's, ACM's and CM's. But these bunch is composed of Young and aged players. They are technically gifted but average speed but great stamina and great teamwork. The DM's and CM's are defensive rocks that cannot be easily overlooked. Defense and teamwork mesh well on the midfield.

Based on the acquired reports above, We can apply a good wide, but short passing midfield. We can easily clog the Midfiled due to these defensive stalwarts. I also want to apply a lot of movements on the midfield due to their good teamwork and stamina. I also want to apply an ACM that will be dropping deep to receive ball and a control tower that will spread out the defense on the opponents defense. You will see later on how i applied all of these on the tactics.

The formation on the midfield that i want to apply is composed of 2 CMs (B2B, and a Deep Lying Playmaker), 1 ACM (Cahill or Insigne, a gem by the way), and two wingers (which i rotate between Donovan, Gueye, and Naismith) that cut inside and also play wide.
ATTACK TEAM REPORT:

View attachment 261687View attachment 261688

Based on the team report, Everton have a very slow but good Strength, good finishers. They are physically imposing. Basically these the weakest on the team, comparison wise to the other members of the teams. But i have players on the midfield that can help the front line like Cahill and Donovan.Report wise, the report was affected by Zaki, Vellios who a not pacey. But Jelavic on the other side, can be called an average Complete Forward. But if your going to check their individual report, Zaki and Jelavic are considered advanced forwards.

If we are going to analyze the front line, we can say that they can physically impose their will. I applied their skills based on the individual reports by the coaches and the overall report for the attacks. But with also the help from my multipositional players like Cahill, Naismith and Donovan. They can almost play all of the the front positions beginning from the central midfield position. I made the formation applying a lone forward. In the tactics itself, my main scoring threats came from the wings and Midfielders, with the occasional scores from the lone forward position. The role of the forward is to position himself center that moves to the channel. and also drop deeps to receive the ball. The movement will be connected to the ACM, this will be discussed later on.

TACTICS BREAKDOWN AND MOVEMENT:

Please take note that this is in Classic Mode
.View attachment 261691

Team Mentality:
Defensive (7 clicks) - Counter on the modern type tactics
Creative Freedom: Normal (14 clicks)
Passing Style: Short (5)
Tempo: Normal (10)
Width: Wide (17)
Closing Down: Own Half (11)
Time Wasting: Sometimes (7)
Defensive Line: Push Up (19)
Tackling: Normal
Focus Passing: Both Flanks
Marking: Zonal Marking
Target Man Supply: Run Unto Ball
Tick Tight Marking, use Playmaker, and Counter AttackSet the MCR as Playmaker on the set pieces tab

TEAM INSTRUCTION BREAKDOWN:

I want the team have a slightly defensive mentality as a whole, but with a creative freedom to spread and do the unexpected sometime specially when the team have the ball. and pass it quickly when there's a chance. The short passing style is applied due to the above average technical aspects of the midfield and the high teamwork as a whole of the team. The tempo is set to normal due to the lack of speed up front. With good decision making of the team as whole, we can set the team thru careful passing forward. I've also set it up as wide so that the passing lanes is wide and minimize clogging of lanes, this will also help the team defensively by applying the zonal marking, with a high workrate, and determination, the midfield and defense will pursue the ball runners and the covering cb will have a large area to "cover"

On Offense, the High creativity and Wide Formation, will help my average pacey wingers and industrious CM's to help the frontline. And also create a passing lanes for my Lone striker to operate. The run unto ball aspect of the target man supply, help my wingers since the ball will passed ahead of them. The Playmaker will also have a big place to operate.

INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTIONS:

View attachment 261692View attachment 261693View attachment 261694View attachment 261695View attachment 261696View attachment 261697View attachment 261698View attachment 261699View attachment 261700View attachment 261701
You can see the above individual instructions above. I will not be explaining each detail, but i will be showing you the player movement on a match.

The game against Arsenal (Community Shield)
View attachment 261706View attachment 261702View attachment 261703View attachment 261704View attachment 261705

You will see the Overall Passes analysis, the defensive line and the midfield almost all got 90% including the keeper. Base on this, this like a controlled possession game. but the score line shows it's an attacking game.Defensive Formation and Assignments:Before the game, I assigned the AMC (Osman) to Specifically mark the DL, the AML (Gueye) to mark the DR, and the AMR (Donovan) the DCL. I did this so that the AMC will be marking the DL when he move forward and the AMR to remain on top. You will see below the defensive assignment.
View attachment 261750 View attachment 261752

In the second picture, you will also the "covering" of the Defensive line and the Midfield. Trapping the lone the striker of Arsenal. These resulted on an interception by Hibbert that quickly passed it to Fellaini, as seen below. These also shows on why i made the AMC mark the DL and the AMR mark the DCL of Arsenal. Resulting into a fast transition passing forward.
View attachment 261753

2nd Scenario:

View attachment 261761View attachment 261763View attachment 261762View attachment 261765

These 2nd scenario also shows the transition from defense to offense and on why the Counter attack mentality of the team as a whole. On the fourth picture, if the counter is not effective, the team can easily set the offense slowly.

I will add more on the movement of the team more later as i update my game save.

SET-PIECES:

View attachment 261766View attachment 261767
Attacking Corners: Both sides set to 6 yard Box. This is to maximize my tall players like Fellaini, Rodwell and others like Cahill due headers and the Central Backs.

Defending Corners: Default set-up but set the ones who are assigned to go back to Man Mark

Training:

http://www.2shared.com/file/Fuh6BYUM/Wituls_1st__Young_Stars_Traini.html

View attachment 261710

Please leave your comments. Thanks

Last edited:
Amazing guide mate!

If you would like me to test it i will!