Everton - The Next Generation of Toffees

mullan_j

Reaction score
Everton_FC_badge.png

Bill Kenwright

'The past couple weeks have been testing and tiresome for everyone involved at Everton Football Club and first I would like to thank everyone involved and thank the fans for their patience. Following Roberto Martinez's decision to leave the club, we have been working around the clock to find the man to take over. This is a club with values, history and morales, everything here is done with the utmost professionalism and this will never change. With that being said I would like annouce that Jack Mullan will take over the first team, making the step up from the under 18's role which he has had at this club for many years'

Everton have today announced that former Reading and Toffees player Jack Mullan will take over first team responsibilities. The former England centre half who was capped 21 times by his country has been making a big name for himself in the youth circuit with his approach and his teams style of play, but whether that is something which he can transfer to the first team is a different matter. It has also been confirmed that Mullan has already made a few changes regarding coaching staff, bringing in Phil Cannon, Andy Franks, Bryan Klug, Paul Jenkins and Steve Round.

Skysportslogo_zpse69777f0.jpeg

New Everton manager Jack Mullan was introduced to the press today and made some very interesting comments with these being the pick of the bunch.

Jack Mullan

'Words cannot describe how honoured I am to be taking over this job, it has always been an ambition of mine and i will do everything I can to fulfill the faith the club has given me.'

'Some people may not be happy with the staff replacements, but these are men i know and trust, we all work on the same wave length and they all know the standards i set. These guys will be crucial for the long term development of this club. Each one of them has vast experience in producing some of the best young talent this country has seen.'

'This club has come to a cross road. We can carry on one way, persist with how things have been for the past decade, or we can try it my way. We find ourselves in an excellent position, we have 4 of the best young players in the world in John Stones, Ross Barkley, Gerard Delofeou and Romelu Lukaku. This is where it all begins, we need to be building a team around these boys, not just any team, we need players who are going to match their youthful exuberance as well as experienced heads who have been there and done it. With that being said I have promoted a number of the younger players into the first team squad. The potential in some of these boys is massive, and I am looking at Mason Holgate, Ryan Ledson and Keiran Dowell to make a big impact over the coming years.'

'Of course there will be comings and goings. I have identified a number of players who I want. Some people may be suprised with my targets, but there is always a reason. A number of players will be leaving the club. We have body's here making up the numbers, players who are on big money, and others whose faces just done fit.'

Mullan certainly caused a stir in the local press with the Mail believing that players such as Steven Pienaar, Steven Naismith and Arouna Kone believed to be the first for the axe. While the Sun focuses more on the positives to come out of the press conference with the headline The Next Generation of Toffees.

Pre-Season Results

Pre%20season%20results_zpsakx9bw5w.png

'Pre-season was a good learning curve for us. A lot of players got minutes and different combinations were used. I have learnt a lot about my squad from this and it will hold us in good stead for the season ahead'

Transfers

Transfers_zpsam271nky.png

'Early on I identified where we felt we lacked quality and depth. I felt that Tim Howard, as good as a servant he has been to the club, has passed it, and that Joel Robles isn't of the standard of goalkeeper we need to reach where we want to be. Jack Butland is a quality goalkeeper at the age of 22. He will go on to be England's number one for years to come, I have no doubt about it. People may look at the final fee and feel we paid over the odds however large amounts will be paid over time, but this was an investment in 10+ years of quality service. Sam Johnstone will come in and provide competition with Jack and provide excellent competition.'

'When I looked at our squad and throughout the club, I felt as though we lacked youth in the wide areas, players who can really get past someone and cause the opposition trouble. Mahoney, Murphy and Chapman all come into the squad and give us that quality. Like Jack they will be able to make a big impact straight away and over years to come.'

'James Bree
and Ryan Seager are 2 players who I have been keeping an eye on for years. I was always looking to add them to the youth set up here, and im delighted to welcome them here and can't wait for the fans to see how good these boys are.'

'Players had to leave, they were getting old and just turning up to go through the motions and collect a pay packet. That is all I am going to say on that. In other news I am pleased to announce that Luke Garbutt will be returning from his loan spell. Luke is a great young player who I feel will really add a different dimention to the squad.'

'Yes we have a young squad, however it is a young team with confidence and ability, if they can come together and some this on a regular basis we could really have something special here.'

jack%20butland_zpss3jlrqxf.jpg

A lot of money and faith has been put into the young goalkeeper but will he repay his managers confidence?

August

August%20_zpseczgrigw.png

'We had some extreme highs and extreme lows this month. Beating Man Utd was a great start to life here, but the we were brought back down to earth with the loses against Chelsea and Arsenal. Overall I am happy with how we have started the season. From the teams we have played we have got a decent return.'

Looking forward to this story. Like the idea of relying on youth and developing youngsters. Never been very good at training players. Any advice?

September Results

Sept%20Results_zpsnnpeywn2.png

'Again, some solid results but we need to start churning out wins now, draws will only get us so far.'

September League Table

October Results

October%20Results_zpsjqihshwz.png

'That is the standard. We have to meet these levels week in week out to compete at the very top level. We have shown how good we are at going forward, and now we are getting players back from injury and to full fitness we should only look forward now.'

October Table

October%20Table_zpsf74fm4hr.png

MOM_zpsywldm1eq.png

YPOM_zps8i7jxftt.png

POM_zpsbj2gtkwh.png

'Obviously its nice to gain recognition, but forget about me. There 2 lads have shown this month that they have the world at their feet and anything is possible.'

'We are progessing well in the league and going from strength to strength, we are still in the cup and we are looking good'

November Results

Nov%20Results_zps5ujseub4.png

'Another steady month for us. A great result away at Liverpool shows we can defend as well as attack, followed by great wins against Tottenham and Villa. Yes, Sunderland was a defeat, but we coped well with the injuries to our squad and some of our younger players put in some fantastic performances.'

November Table

November%20Table_zpss0ltmxyd.png

December Results

Dec%20Results_zpsz85ksenr.png

'Wow, what a month. So busy. So much going on. And some fantastic results. 5 wins out of 6 in the league, and minutes spread throughout the squad. I can't believe how quickly this young team is coming together. I was expecting this in 5 years. Not 5 months. Exiting the Capital One Cup is a shame as its always nice to get a cup run going, but this allows us to focus our attentions elsewhere.'

'I dont want us to get ahead of ourselves. Yes its brilliant to be doing so well in the league. But there are alot of games yet to be played and anything can happen between now and the end of the season. We just have to take it game by game.'

December Table

Dec%20Table_zpslpuntfz9.png

Holgate%20YPOM_zps1rvgrf8l.png

'Mason has been brilliant, his ability to defend and play is amazing. We really could have found something special here'

http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t349/mullan_j/transferwindow_zpsb4056892.jpg[/IMG]

Bryan Swanson

'The transfer window is now open.'

'Every team in the league will be looking to see what business they can do and who they can avoid losing. Although the window has only just open we can already confirm 2 huge transfers concerning Everton. We can confirm that Seamus Coleman has moved to Manchester United for a fee of £20 million, and fellow Irish man James McCarthy has swapped the light of Liverpool for those of Juventus in a deal believed to be worth £12.5 million.'

'The transfer of Seamus Coleman is one which we expected to go through sooner or later. Man Utd have been a keen admirer of his for many years and it seems as their persistance has paid off. However following the deal being agreed and news breaking in the Everton camp, McCarthy was believed to be far from happy and demanded to leave. 2 huge losses for Mullan's side, however with the likes of Browning, Bree and Ledson breaking into the first team setup in recent weeks, it seems as though they might not have to look too far for replacements, but with money now to spend Mullan could yet again look to splash the cash on more signings.'

'With the likes of Jack Butland and Josh Murphy coming in for large sums and producing high quality performances, we are all interested to see who else Mullan can pick and up and turn to gold.'

'During the summer, Mullan made a few audacious loan bids for Callum Chambers, Jordan Ibe and Deli Alli. With Chambers completing a £14 million move to Chelsea and Ibe moving to Arsenal in a £32 million move, Mullan could be forgiven for overreaching. In recent weeks young Alli has become a match winner for the White Hart Lane club and this could be another player which he could miss out on with Man City now believed to be interested in the former MK Dons man.

'Perhaps the biggest signings which the young manager can make however would be Ross Barkley and John Stones. The young englishman attracted bids in the summer from Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City, all of which got rebuffed; and it is believed that larger offers could now be on their way. With no need for the cash Everton are in a strong position to turn down the offers, especially with the team performing so well in the league. But im sure that this is one window the manager cannot wait to finish.'

'A number of other names have been touted about, Redmond, Wilson, Baines, Lukaku. But whatever happens its sure to be a exciting window for all those involved at the blue half of Merseyside.'

http://s514.pho[IMG

January Results

Jan%20Fixtures_zpsqyza68ny.png

'A mixed bag this month, poor performances away to Man Utd and Chelsea, but we responded in great fashion with the victory over Arsenal and our kids were excellent against Sheffield United, its alway great to do well in the FA Cup and its something I believe we can go very far in'

January Table

Jan%20Table_zps7jgkh8uz.png

Confirmed Transfers

Sam%20Johnstone_zpsov2hfjqj.png

Andre%20Dozzel%20Transfer_zpsezcnv4o2.png

'Sam has shown himself to be a true proffesional since he joined us on loan and has shown that he can really push Jack for that number 1 position. Andre is someone I have followed for years, he is a great young player with bags of potential. I can also confirm that Aaron Lennon and Tom Cleverly have both left the club.'

Deadlineday_zps895567f9.jpg

'I can confirm that throughout the window we have been unable to make the deals which we wanted. We approached Tottenham about the services of Deli Alli once more but they were unwilling to negotiate, and we eventually had a £20 million bid rejected. We also have a number of loan bids rejected a number of young loan targets. We will be doing no more business today as things are just not right at the moment'

Club Improvements

Training%20facilities%20improved_zpsac5drjis.png

Youth%20REcruitment%20improved_zpsykd2gpvk.png

Junior%20Coaching%20Increased_zpse1u2y38m.png

'These improvements will really help push the club in the right direction. Myself and the board are clearly on the same wave length with the direction we want to take this club in and im looking forward to more improvement in the near future.'