Reaction score
hey guys, interested if anyone has begun a career as everton and who they have purchased. this will be my first fm season and im bound to make a ton of mistakes so i would like to do as well as i can in terms of transfers. im still using the demo (game should be delivered tommorow) so there may be some differences but this is who i'm thinking of:
emre can ~550k.
areola ~1.7m.
niang ~4.5m.
vrsaljko ~1m.
valencia 875k release clause.
vrsaljko is predicted to be 4.5* at rb/rwb and i need him to replace neville who is presumably in his final season or two. i have bought valencia (predicted 4*) for ram for when gueye (lam) has recovered from injury. i may loan out valencia for the first season. saha is my only decent striker so im happy with 5* niang for 4.5m. areola will replace howard in a couple of years (i will probably play him in cup games now as his wages are low so i dont want to loan him). finally, emre can is a must-buy at 550k - predicted 4* at cm + dm.

in terms of sales, i have cancelled the contracts of the 3 loaned players (interested on peoples thoughts on this), and am planning on selling mucha and hibbert (can get 900k loan deal with optional 4m extra payment from newcastle - hibbert is valued at 3m).

Your RB should be Seamus Coleman, he improves a lot and is on low-ish wages. Don't waste money on Vrsaljko. You shouldn't be worrying yourself with a goalkeeper either as Tim has some 5-6 years before he retires.

On the loans:

Eric Dier improves a lot so you shouldn't have cancelled his loan but bought him outright - 300k does the trick and he's got the potential to be as good as Jags. Drenthe should've stayed, too, as RM won't renew his contract if he stays with you and you can get him on a free at the end of the season (Wait until he's a free agent and you can get him for a little over half of his current wages). Stracqualursi got me 10 goals and 6 assists in the league in the first season, but I couldn't secure a permanent deal - I had loaded Argentina and Tigre asked for ~7m for him, although in the demo I got him for 2.

Saha stayed injury free for most of my first season (Played 35 league games in a row), was very lucky, and he scored like a madman (23 in 35, second only to Rooney). I used Anichebe and Gueye as backup and they did well (Anichebe even earned himself a starting spot for the second season), but if you need someone to cover for Saha in case he gets a long term injury, look at Wilfired Bony (Vitesse Arnhem) who has a low release clause and you can get him for far less than Niang, and he's touted as the next Drogba.

Emre Can, although cheap, is not needed. DM/CM should be well covered with Fellaini, Rodwell and above all things Barkley. All of them young and with amazing potential, and all of them need games to improve. Extra competition won't help and isn't needed, either.

I wouldn't sell Hibbo but that's because I'm an Everton fan and I love the guy - in a very manly, non-homosexual way, that is - and he's also a very good defensive fullback, providing good backup for the skipper and for Coleman in the future. I had to sell Mucha, though, because he complaines about not getting enough games and I didn't manage the situation too well. You could keep him, although his wages are high and Hahnemann can probably provide cover for Howard. Anyways, if you do sell him, keeping the money in the bank could help you as you need to keep your balance afloat until July '13 where your most troublesome loan gets repaid. Look at Biel Ribas for a free keeper who could replace Mucha on the bench if you so wish.

Your RB should be Seamus Coleman, he improves a lot and is on low-ish wages. Don't waste money on Vrsaljko. You shouldn't be worrying yourself with a goalkeeper either as Tim has some 5-6 years before he retires.

On the loans:

Eric Dier improves a lot so you shouldn't have cancelled his loan but bought him outright - 300k does the trick and he's got the potential to be as good as Jags. Drenthe should've stayed, too, as RM won't renew his contract if he stays with you and you can get him on a free at the end of the season (Wait until he's a free agent and you can get him for a little over half of his current wages). Stracqualursi got me 10 goals and 6 assists in the league in the first season, but I couldn't secure a permanent deal - I had loaded Argentina and Tigre asked for ~7m for him, although in the demo I got him for 2.

Saha stayed injury free for most of my first season (Played 35 league games in a row), was very lucky, and he scored like a madman (23 in 35, second only to Rooney). I used Anichebe and Gueye as backup and they did well (Anichebe even earned himself a starting spot for the second season), but if you need someone to cover for Saha in case he gets a long term injury, look at Wilfired Bony (Vitesse Arnhem) who has a low release clause and you can get him for far less than Niang, and he's touted as the next Drogba.

Emre Can, although cheap, is not needed. DM/CM should be well covered with Fellaini, Rodwell and above all things Barkley. All of them young and with amazing potential, and all of them need games to improve. Extra competition won't help and isn't needed, either.

I wouldn't sell Hibbo but that's because I'm an Everton fan and I love the guy - in a very manly, non-homosexual way, that is - and he's also a very good defensive fullback, providing good backup for the skipper and for Coleman in the future. I had to sell Mucha, though, because he complaines about not getting enough games and I didn't manage the situation too well. You could keep him, although his wages are high and Hahnemann can probably provide cover for Howard. Anyways, if you do sell him, keeping the money in the bank could help you as you need to keep your balance afloat until July '13 where your most troublesome loan gets repaid. Look at Biel Ribas for a free keeper who could replace Mucha on the bench if you so wish.

Lies!! You want his man babies!! ;)

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

You're right about Coleman though. Checked him out after first season and he's an excellent, excellent player.

Tragically though, BK sacked DM

Lies!! You want his man babies!! ;)

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

You're right about Coleman though. Checked him out after first season and he's an excellent, excellent player.

Tragically though, BK sacked DM

I LOL'd very hard at this. :D

thanks for your responses (especially wrt the loaned players). i couldn't find the guy at vitesse. i can only see a few players per team. is this just because i am on the demo or do i need to change some settings or something? thanks.

i have to disagree about the rb situation though. i think vrsaljko is a bargain for 1m but we'll see. (i also like the fact that he is adept in rb and rwb like baines on the other side). you're probably right about the gk but i figured areola was good value at 1.7m, especially as i'm selling mucha. i agree that the centre of midfield is packed (and relatively young) but i think for the foreseeable future i will be playing a formation with no recognised wide players (4-1-2-1-2 or 5-3-2). can is good value at 550k, however i wont buy kovacic too! :)

thanks for your responses (especially wrt the loaned players). i couldn't find the guy at vitesse. i can only see a few players per team. is this just because i am on the demo or do i need to change some settings or something? thanks.

i have to disagree about the rb situation though. i think vrsaljko is a bargain for 1m but we'll see. (i also like the fact that he is adept in rb and rwb like baines on the other side). you're probably right about the gk but i figured areola was good value at 1.7m, especially as i'm selling mucha. i agree that the centre of midfield is packed (and relatively young) but i think for the foreseeable future i will be playing a formation with no recognised wide players (4-1-2-1-2 or 5-3-2). can is good value at 550k, however i wont buy kovacic too! :)

Yes, it's because the demo only has a small DB, you'll find him in the full game.

And Vrsaljko for 1m is a bargain, you can be sure of it, but Coleman will probably be as good as Vrsaljko and you won't have to pay a single penny for him.

Ive always seen Coleman as a RM is he beter at fullback??

Just starting my second season with the blues got Alberto Paloschi on a free as well as some italian winger from Atalanta Scholetto.

Victor Anichebe was the surprise of the season played up front on his own got 15 goals, stracqualarsi was poo and Saha was his usual self again letting him go on a free.

Ive always seen Coleman as a RM is he beter at fullback??

Just starting my second season with the blues got Alberto Paloschi on a free as well as some italian winger from Atalanta Scholetto.

Victor Anichebe was the surprise of the season played up front on his own got 15 goals, stracqualarsi was poo and Saha was his usual self again letting him go on a free.

I used Coleman as a RM for the first season and he took over from Phil and Hibbo at RB for the second season.

Stracqualursi was quite good for me as TM - Attack, and Anichebe was very good too. In my second season the surprise was Vellios, netting 11 league goals in 17 starts and a few sub appearances.

Just signed Alan Dzagoev for 8 million :p, great future will take over Cahill in a few years. COYB!

I didn't make any signings when i started, the team is doing really well - getting rid of Drenthe was a mistake mate...he is unstoppable for me. I'm prob gonna wait a season and see how the team is, all I'm looking at is some cover for central defence, midfield and maybe a top goalscorer.

got the full game today and am in the process of signing the entire rosenborg youth team. ok exaggerating but there are some excellent finds there. i got jatta and bakenga for 20k total and they both have 4* potential in tons of different positions.