Everton v Tottenham Hotspur [20:00 - 05/01/11]

Billy

#THFC
Reaction score
180px-Everton_FC_Crest-colour_svg.png
150px-Tottenham_Hotspur_Badge.png

Tottenham Form (Last Eight): WWWDDWWW
Everton Form (Last Eight): LDLDDWDL

With Tottenham top of the form table currently with 6 wins and 2 draws in their previous 8 league games, Everton face a stern test at Goodison Park tomorrow.

However, despite their recent form, Everton are always known for proving difficult opposition for the London club.

With this the last league game until Tottenham host Charlton in the FA Cup at the weekend, it is looking likely that Spurs' strongest XI will play this game, and enjoy a rest on Sunday with many of the fringe players vying for a place to prove their ability.

Gallas could miss the clash after being rushed back from injury to fill in for the suspended Younes Kaboul, with Bassong and Dawson looking likely to start at the back. After a lethargic game against Fulham, Pavlyuchenko could miss out with Crouch slotting into the team in a 4-5-1. Defoe will miss the game as he is serving the final penalty of his 3-match suspension.

Prediction: Everton 1 - 1 Tottenham

Tottenham are in superb form, but an away trip to Goodison Park is always a tricky fixture to manouevre. I think we'll score first, but we'll sit on the narrow lead and be punished by the end.

Team selection will be added when confirmed.

Everton 1-1 Tottenham

Tim Cahill, Gareth Bale

Judging by our run of luck, and form of some players (like the "strikers"), I just can't see Everton winning this. Would like to see a draw, but this time head ruling heart. Spurs 2 Everton 1 :(

What was the result in the first fixture?

I think Everton will nick it or either Draw the game. They simply cannot afford to drop points at home, and they will raise their game on big occassions.

Key Player to watch:

Spurs: Modric
Everton: Pienaar if Cahill miss this game for Asia Cup, else Tim Cahill.

hoping for an everton win so they can climb the table.

1-1 I believe.

I doubt Cahill will play. I don't know if he has left to join the Aussie squad yet though.

You're right on both counts.

It was 1 - 1 at White Hart Lane, and Cahill left to join Australia after his last game.

1-0. With us playing fairly bad. Everton won't score though, since the don't have Cahill. VDV to net a late winner for us.

Hope we rotate it a bit, but not too much, keep Modders in the middle, but rest vdV and Bale, giving Krank and Giovani a game, wont happen but feel they need a rest.

2-0 win, wont be easy though.

Spurs 2 - 0 Everton.

Although clearly a good team, they're on a bad run of form and I can see that continuing.

Everton 0-12 Spurs.